Awoo.

Sonic Generations: Special E3 Topic [[UPD: E3 Trailer | 3DS Gameplay] Go watched City Escape Videos]]

Woun

God finally! i caught up with this topic!!

I leave off on page 36 and then when i get back it was page 50 something. i've been reading ever since but i should've skipped pages 40-55 because all it is was fangasaming and BIG TEXT, really to be honest you guys are mindless posters when new footage is posted.

Now i leave this topic and it can die for all i care. it should pass off anyways E3 is over, time to move on.

• Thumbs Up 5

Because Derps is making it.

Edited by Balding Spider

Just saw your post of the GameSpot video. Just how did I not notice this? :lol:

Thanks, man. :D

And I actually dig that move's look. Perhaps it's only purpose is eye-candy, and nothing more? Or does it help with drifting?

Ok, we're getting too much Whale action. :lol:

Someone has got to make Sonic Unleashed Derp face whales that release lazers from their eyeballs.

• Thumbs Up 1

I gotta say watching that new footage of city escape...I dunno about you guys but that stage didn't seem that boostcentric. I loving what they are doing with boost in generations...it has a somewhat different feel than in did in Unleashed...like its more fun to use.

Infact I would say its was way closer to adventure style than anything...which is a bit of a mind fuck considering that they took more inspiration from unleashed...It guess to show you that SA style gameplay isn't THAT FAR OFF from Unleashed style once it has proper, tighter Adventure like controls at low speeds.

I mean really was it at all that much different?

Edited by Voyant

I gotta say watching that new footage of city escape...I dunno about you guys but that stage didn't seem that boostcentric.

Infact I would say its was way closer to adventure style than anything...which is a bit of a mind fuck considering that they took more inspiration from unleashed...It guess to show you that SA style gameplay isn't THAT FAR OFF from Unleashed style once it has proper, tighter Adventure like controls at low speeds.

I mean really was it at all that much different?

Edited by Tatsumaki

It's just the evolution of the Unleashed gameplay.

Unleashed=Slippery, very fast, trial and error, not very open 3D sections, some multiple paths, multiple paths base on quick reactions, most platforming in 2D, airdash and homing attack on the same button.

Colours=Tightened conrols, more platforming, speed not as fast, speed and platforming seperated, not very open 3D sections, more alternate paths, alternate paths based more so based on exploration, most platforming in 2D, homing attack now the jump button.

Generations=Tighter controls, speed of Unleashed combined with the platfomring of Colours, tons of alternate paths based off of both quick reactions and exploration, more open 3D areas, Speed and platforming less seperated and moreso combined, more platforming in 3D, Platforming in both 2D/3D, Homing attack is now the jump button like Colours.

It's exactly like what they did with the classics. With each game they learned from their mistakes and expanded and tweaked the gameplay.

From Sonic 1 to Sonic 2 to Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

From Sonic Unleashed to Sonic Colours to Sonic Generations.

What's great about Generations is that it combines the best elements of the 3D games.

The openess and 3D platforming of Sonic Adventure.

The platforming of Colours.

The speed of Unleashed.

Along with their own improvements like more multiple paths and platforming in 3D. You could say that Unleashed, Colours, and Generations are the paralell trilogy of Modern games to the trilogy of Classic games in terms of how the gameplay evolved with each game.

You deserve a round of applause for this comment

Confirms that Ring dash/light speed dash returns! And from what he says, it seems like Sonic 06 will........NOT be in the game. Oh why couldn't he do all the interviews instead of patrick?

• Thumbs Up 3

Aaron Webber didn't get a prrrrrrrrromotion for nothing it seems. The way he spoke was very convincing and well formulated that i'm sure even if the product doesn't end up being perfect, at least we have "someone" that knows what he's talking about, knows what we want and actually sounds passionate.

That patrick riley started to irritate after a while, but hey the man's just doing his job and wouldn't wanna take that away from him.

Edited by Jaouad

Finally, someone who actually knows the franchise. Great interview, despite most of it being stuff we already know.

Aaron is one of the best PR agents the series has had. He obviously loves the series and that love translates into convincing interviews, which in turn reflects well on the series. Good on him. However, I don't think he outright denied any influence of Sonic 06 on the game so much as he cleared up the air about what the story's gonna be like. It's still possible we'll see an 06 level here...like Kingdom Valley. I want waterfall running please. <3

At this point, I really want to know more about the story elements of Sonic Generations. A cutscene of some sort, something to give me an idea on how they're approaching it.

• Thumbs Up 5

Confirms that Ring dash/light speed dash returns! And from what he says, it seems like Sonic 06 will........NOT be in the game. Oh why couldn't he do all the interviews instead of patrick?

I agree with Johnny. We have seen quite a bit of gameplay but nothing of the story. It would be nice to see a cutscene to get a feel of the story's tone and how the dialougue is.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

At this point, I really want to know more about the story elements of Sonic Generations. A cutscene of some sort, something to give me an idea on how they're approaching it.

I sure hope we see some '06 representin' up in this here new Sonics game.

Kingdom Valley or Crisis City would be downright amazing with Unleashed-style gameplay.