Awoo.

Sonic Generations: Special E3 Topic [[UPD: E3 Trailer | 3DS Gameplay] Go watched City Escape Videos]]

Woun

Story-wise, I'd really like it to be lighthearted, fun, and campy. I don't want it too goofy, but I'd like it to keep a fun vibe. I also can't wait to see how Modern Sonic interacts with Classic Sonic, seen as how SEGA's going for a Gromit-esque Classic Sonic. In terms of cameo appearances, I hope SEGA gives all of the characters proper characterization.

In terms of 06 Stages, Crisis City would be really awesome if done right.

Edited by CanofEpicSauce

Interview? What interview? I couldn't see or hear anything over the epic lovely radiance of the hot interviewer girl. >w> ~ <3

[/forever alone] ;w;

• Thumbs Up 1

And from what he says, it seems like Sonic 06 will........NOT be in the game. Oh why couldn't he do all the interviews instead of patrick?

Sounded more like him reassuring viewers that even though the story involves time travel it will be nothing like 06. And as for Patrick I've only got one issue with him, and thats when he speaks the "teams design philosophy" line. That quickly became the new "As you truly imagined it" for me.

I just want a Final Boss to be like this. T-T

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBgXTXOJi6g

Watch all of it. You'll know what I mean. xD

I really wish they'd just come out and say whether or not Eggman will be the final boss so I can be happy or disappointed already.

She also seems dumb as shit (at least when it comes to gaming).

You just mad she wasn't talking to you. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

She also seems dumb as shit (at least when it comes to gaming). Those were some truly amazing questions she asked there...

You're just mad because she's out of all our leagues combined. >w>

Edit: ninja'd.

Edited by Inferno

I wouldn't mind Kingdom Valley or Crisis City as a secret level, but as a part of the main story? No, just no. Trying to integrate Sonic 06 into the main story would cause so many problems, and not just problems in terms of fan reception. The plot erase at the end of Sonic 06 would be nullified and it would go against the series continuity as it stands now. Since none of the the events in Sonic 06 happened on the same strand of the timeline as the rest of the series, there would be no reason for Sonic to go back to any of the levels in Sonic 06.

Maybe he visited Kingdom Valley during the Soleanna Sun Festival, and maybe there was an Eggman boss fight there that we don't know of. But it would all have to be disconnected from the events that happened in Sonic 06 in order for it to work. That's why Sega would have to be very cautious if they are to represent Sonic 06 in Generations.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sounded more like him reassuring viewers that even though the story involves time travel it will be nothing like 06. And as for Patrick I've only got one issue with him, and thats when he speaks the "teams design philosophy" line. That quickly became the new "As you truly imagined it" for me.

Good ol' Patrick just doesn't seem to be as enthusiastic about the series are Aaron. He's not like one of those guys who reads off a beginners guide to PR book, he's just less personable. Or least he seems it in interviews. Regardless, SEGA's got themselves a pretty banging community and brand management team for Sonic these days. Ken Balough used to really get on my nerves around the time of Unleashed, but now with the efforts the entire team has made to get right into the fanbase he's shown himself to be a pretty cool guy.

Edited by Blue Blood

I think '06 levels could work, after all, apparently the timeline in this story really has been screwed up that bad in order to make it work, and space as well, if the Japanese subtitle is anything to go by.

I think '06 levels could work, after all, apparently the timeline in this story really has been screwed up that bad in order to make it work, and space as well, if the Japanese subtitle is anything to go by.

Modern Sonic won't remember any of the Sonic 06 levels. If Classic and Modern Sonic stumble into Sonic 06's strand of the timeline, they would probably meet 2006 Sonic, a third Sonic.

I see no reason why they couldn't actually use the ending of the game where Elise and Sonic seem to have deja vu during the festival as a lead-in to an epiphany for M.Sonic where he's like, "Oh crap, I remember all of that!" Then they can proceed to make a joke about the whole plot and keep it moving.

You're just mad because she's out of all our leagues combined. >w>

Edit: ninja'd.

Your tooo slow!!!

And oh gosh. Sonic meets sonic who meets another sonic? I don't sega and their loyal fans could deal with that much craze. Could you actually imagine that?

And the only stage I really would want to see from that game would be kingdom valley...IF they put all the segements together and not split them up. C city would look good in HD though.

*waits for someone to post a pic of sonic running from a tornado that's carrying a car*

Patrick Reily is irritating and just sort of rambles on. Rubyeclipse is very personable; I like listening to him talk.

I didn't hear him say anything about Sonic06 not being represented in the game, though.

I've met him before and he's a real nice guy. In fact, when I saw him this time, I just gave him a big ol' hug. I don't normally ever hug people.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic appearing in Crisis City could work. Seriously, just because he doesn't remember it doesn't mean it can't show up. In fact, it could work in the story rather well.

Modern Sonic: "Wow... now I don't remember seeing this place before. But it's a total wreck! I guess it's a place from my past where everything just crashed and burned...." *slowly turns to look at the camera and speaks quietly and menacingly* "It's best left forgotten."

*Classic Sonic scratches his head and then looks over at the tornado*

Modern Sonic: "Nice, that tornado's carrying a car!"

*Classic Sonic facepalms himself as they walk off*

*camera fades and the level begins*

Now it's perfect.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know... even if M.Sonic doesn't remember being in a 06 stage mentally, the body does and thats when things start brewing up... Badly!!

*Both Sonic arrives at crisis city*

M.Sonic: Woa... what a wreck... who could ha- URGH

C.Sonic: :huh:

M.Sonic: My chest... it hurts... like.. being... pierced or something...

C.Sonic::o

M.Sonic: Let's get out of here before-

Feminine voice: Help!!

M.Sonic: ... run...

C.Sonic: :mellow:

M.Sonic: NOW!! RUN AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT *uses light dash*

C.Sonic: :blink: *spindashes away*

Stage screen: Mission: Get the hell outta here ASAP!!

---------

Anyway it's good that not only do we have wanted poster of good ol' characters but we'll also have Tails and Knuxy as cameo interacting with Sonic during scenes or even in a stage or 2.

And dear god, if light dash is back, will light speed attack return too? Will the bounce attack return also? Will we have fun with the magic gloves? Will Big cameo in specific spots like in SA2 & SatSR?

I agree with Johnny for some cut scene of what will the story of the game be tho I don't think we'll get that kind of info yet, maybe in a week or 2 but not anytime sooner.

For now, let's encourage & support SEGA to give us the best anniversary game ever!!

Edited by Unholy Sønic

Confirms that Ring dash/light speed dash returns! And from what he says, it seems like Sonic 06 will........NOT be in the game. Oh why couldn't he do all the interviews instead of patrick?

He never said '06 wouldn't get represented, he just stated that the plot wouldn't have the groan-worthy, melodramatic elements that ruined 06's story.

So, wow, I didn't think I would ever say this, but the 3DS version actually makes Sonic 4 look credible.

No seriously it looks fucking revolting

• Thumbs Up 5

Let's compare:

Sonic Generations:

and

Super Mario 3DS:

...jeez Dimps, what the balls, man.

• Thumbs Up 3

Sonic appearing in Crisis City could work. Seriously, just because he doesn't remember it doesn't mean it can't show up. In fact, it could work in the story rather well.

Modern Sonic: "Wow... now I don't remember seeing this place before. But it's a total wreck! I guess it's a place from my past where everything just *coughs* crashed and burned...." *slowly turns to look at the camera and speaks quietly and menacingly* "It's best left forgotten."

*Classic Sonic scratches his head and then looks over at the tornado*

Modern Sonic: "Nice, that tornado's carrying a car!"

*Classic Sonic facepalms himself as they walk off*

I chuckled so much at this. Unlike Knuckles.

• Thumbs Up 2

Mind if I quote this? Okay thanks.

So, wow, the 3DS version actually makes Sonic 4 look credible.

No seriously it looks fucking revolting

Let me make it better. I'll add it to my sig. :D :D

http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6318571/e3-2011-segas-pritchard-talks-aliens-colonial-marines-used-sales

Interview with SEGA confirms no Wii U version of Sonic Generations.

Well to be honest, they could also be saying that to cover up and keep it secret 'cause of the reaction that the other SEGA reps got when asked about it.

But yeah, I doubted a GenU release to be honest, would be nice, but if there's anything I'd say the Wii U needs less of right now it's 2011 Ports.

Edited by Tobbii

That kinda stinks. :( But oh, well. I'm just glad Nintendo finally has an HD console now, which means that if a Sonic game is multiplatform, the Wii U version should be the same and not some watered-down version (like with Unleashed). I'm so happy that I'll be able to get my Sonic games on a Nintendo system now, as I always thought Sonic fits best there. Getting Sonic games for Xbox and PlayStation just doesn't feel right to me.

Personally I think Sonic games fit pretty well on systems that are beyond the Nintendo counterpart in terms of power. Makes it feel like the old days where Sonic was released on more cutting-edge systems :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Personally I think Sonic games fit pretty well on systems that are beyond the Nintendo counterpart in terms of power. Makes it feel like the old days where Sonic was released on more cutting-edge systems :P

The WiiU IS cutting edge.

The WiiU IS cutting edge.

It's just getting on par with 360 and Ps3 now, nothing cutting-edge about it in terms of graphics power.

• Thumbs Up 1