Awoo.

Sonic Generations: Special E3 Topic [[UPD: E3 Trailer | 3DS Gameplay] Go watched City Escape Videos]]

Woun

It's just getting on par with 360 and Ps3 now, nothing cutting-edge about it in terms of graphics power.

Have you not been keeping up? The system looks to be a more powerful beast than the PS3 and Xbox 360 in tech and graphics.

Have you not been keeping up? The system looks to be a more powerful beast than the PS3 and Xbox 360 in tech and graphics.

Thanks, I've been trying to form that sentence for a few minutes now.

Not to mention that the two real-time demos (Bird and Zelda) suggests taht we might having some Shader Model 4 stuff going on, which the PS3/360 as of now can not handle.

ok, what I meant was releasing Sonic on the 360 and Ps3 and not on Wii,reminded of Sonic being released on Mega Drive and Dreamcast and not on the weaker Nintendo systems(at least in terms SNES/MD,as advertised). It didn't really have to with the Wii U, but was more a response to Cloverdox general saying, that he prefers Sonic released on Nintendo consoles.

• Thumbs Up 1

And IGN wonder why people give them so much criticisms over Sonic games.

I mean come on really? I know they seen the gameplay in recent Vids and just watching people...there is no way that they actually thought that was how the gameplay was.

What pisses me off even more is that they showcased this footage instead of other footage in the hands of a more skilled player.

and people wonder why they get so much shit about Sonic games.

Edited by Voyant
  • Thumbs Up 3

And IGN wonder why people give them so much criticisms over Sonic games.

[/media

I mean come on really?

Ugh, you don't TAP the boost button, you HOLD it. Silly IGN.

• Thumbs Up 2

One Review already claims as a fault of the game...

http://www.omgn.com/feature/2011/06/08/e3-2011-sonic-generations-first-impressions

It's here where I noticed that the game play suffering. Sonic would sometimes get caught on random objects or crash into enemies that I couldn't see by traveling too fast. These were problems that have plagued the 3-D titles since Sonic Adventure, so it's a little disheartening to see that these problems haven't been resolved.

And under that there was their gameplay video, that just like the IGN video...

Damn, some people don't know how to play games. Either it's Sonic or something else.

Also if you don't want to use boost then use the slide attack!

I hate the fact that it seems like there not giving the game a shot in the first place...he went in pretty meh from the start. Its like he didn't even bother trying to figure out the functionality.

Why are people like this reviewing games?

• Thumbs Up 2

I hate the fact that it seems like there not giving the game a shot in the first place...he went in pretty meh from the start. Its like he didn't even bother trying to figure out the functionality.

Why are people like this reviewing games?

I really don't know...

The best part of that interview with Aaron was when he mentioned Tails and Knuckles.

I was like Yay Knuckles! Yay other characters! 8D

It's just getting on par with 360 and Ps3 now, nothing cutting-edge about it in terms of graphics power.

I want you to take that nonsense back right now.

• Thumbs Up 4

They'll change their minds.

sonic_forever_alone.png

No. No they won't.

Might do a port a la SA2:B, but chances are, no.

They'll change their minds.

There's no point really... by the time the Wii U comes out, we'll be onto our next title, which I assume all three consoles will be getting when that happens. o:

It would be easy money though. They just have to take the final release build and slap it onto a Wii U disc.

The one time Sega doesn't have dollar signs for eyes and it's out of refusal to port Generations to the Wii U. :(

It would be easy money though. They just have to take the final release build and slap it onto a Wii U disc.

The one time Sega doesn't have dollar signs for eyes and it's out of refusal to port Generations to the Wii U. :(

Most people would have bought it already for PS360, so why would they by an unedited version again for a new console? Unless they add stuff to it, or make a version with different zones, there would be no reason for the average customer to get it.

Most people would have bought it already for PS360, so why would they by an unedited version again for a new console? Unless they add stuff to it, or make a version with different zones, there would be no reason for the average customer to get it.

Most people bought Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Adventure on Dreamcast, why would they need to buy it again for a new console?

It may not occur to you the financial situations of others and the current state of the economy, but being able to afford more than one current-age videogame console is actually a bit of a luxury for people. If I had the option to hold off on the 360 version and buy a Wii U and get Generations for it, I most definitely would.

But now, because SEGA thinks that the timing isn't right, I won't have much incentive to invest in the Wii U, since I've already purchased most of the Sonic games on my friend's Xbox 360 through XBLA, and with Generations being released, now I'm better off just getting a 360 for myself.

If Nintendo had Sonic Generations on the Wii U, I would refrain from buying it on 360, and I'd probably hold off on buying a 360 altogether. But I guess that's not going to happen for me, now is it?

They'd better have some good compensation for future Nintendo owners, and no, Sonic Colors isn't good enough.

Edited by Indigo Rush

A problem I've noticed with the current demo in some gameplay footage is that the level doesn't have time to render while going too fast.

Well that's good to hear.

Even though i don't care about reviews i really want this game to take high scores.

It'll be much too late. I'm glad they're not going to do a lazy port, as it would be a much better impression for them to work on a new game and launch that as their first Wii U Sonic title instead. I'd rather them take advantage of the extra tech and graphics, than do a port of a last-gen game. They're already going down the port route with PS Vita and Virtua Tennis 4.

EDIT:

Oh, and Aliens: Colonial Marines on Wii U.

That may be so but that controller will cramp my hands for all eternity...An Xbox 360 controller is the most comfortable pad I've ever held, the Wii U's controller is so big it's LOL worthy and I don't think I'll be comfortable holding that massive piece of plastic!

But it's still a good console nonetheless.

Reminds me of their Sonic Unleashed review...Silly IGN.

• Thumbs Up 1

That may be so but that controller will cramp my hands for all eternity...An Xbox 360 controller is the most comfortable pad I've ever held, the Wii U's controller is so big it's LOL worthy and I don't think I'll be comfortable holding that massive piece of plastic!

But it's still a good console nonetheless.

It does look like it would cramp your hands, but the press who have tried it out have said it's pretty comfortable. It seems to be one of those don't judge a book by its cover situations in that regard.

Expect Sonic Colors 2 on the Wii U!

Calling it NOW! B)

• Thumbs Up 2