Awoo.

Sonic Generations: Special E3 Topic [[UPD: E3 Trailer | 3DS Gameplay] Go watched City Escape Videos]]

Woun

Am I the only one not seeing too big of a problem with the 3DS version in the videos? I'm fully aware that there have been a few negative previews (and I'm honestly not trusting previews at the moment since it seems that quite a few of these people can't even play the game properly) but from what I've seen there isn't anything wrong apart from the uncurling off of a slope.

People have said there have been momentum issues, but I'm really having trouble seeing them. In Sonic 4, they were obvious. And besides, this is an VERY early build of the game. The game has probably had less development time than the console versions as well. Honestly I don't think it's right to come to conclusions yet. The game still has 5 whole months left for it to be developed.

Also, to those who constantly say that Sonic 4 was a failure, I honestly don't think so. Sure I'll admit, there are a lot of flaws (especially with the physics) and the fact that Sega constantly said that it would play like the Genesis games didn't help either, but I still found it to be a fun game. The level design is great, it nails the balance between speed and platforming, the gimmicks and special stages were enjoyable, and of course Super Sonic was playable again. Honestly some of you people act as though it was the worst Sonic game ever when it clearly wasn't. I bet if it was called "Sonic Rush HD without the Boost" it wouldn't have received nearly the negative reception it received from some purists.

We all know the 3DS version is pretty abhorrent. But this video shows some high quality sound,

...and the main theme. :)

• Thumbs Up 5

*hears the doomsday zone remix*

SEGA listened to the Project Chaos album? :o

Honestly Heroes had to be the only game where I would just stay at the menu screen for a good 15 minutes to half an hour just listening to that amazing menu theme loop over and over. What fun times I had when I was 7/8...

I really hope it stays as the menu theme for Generations in the final build.

Edited by KrazyBean14

*Obligatory Tobbii Heroes Text*

...well at least the music IS decent, I'll say that.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

That is totally Sonic Adventure 2's round clear remixed for the 3rd time.

I am ok with this.

Their videos of GHZ, both with clear music and video.

Music is awesome! The game itself...not so much.

The music is ripped from the HD version, which is good. This brings hope to the prospect of more HD-ified remixes of the other levels that we won't be getting on the HD consoles.

However, the gameplay for Classic Sonic is nothing short of appalling. It manages to be even worse than Sonic 4's physics, which is a pretty big flippin' accomplishment, if you ask me. Not only that, but they just copy-pasted Green Hill Zone: Act 1. That would have been fine if this was a full-on remake of Sonic 1, but not Generations, not after seeing the HD version and what it stands for. The philosophy of Sonic Generations is to go back to old locations while maintaining a fresh experience. I mean, jeez, at least Splash Hill Zone had an original layout!

Modern Sonic's gameplay is also fairly disappointing, though not as much as Classic Sonic's. I expected a more fluid Rush-like experience. I would have been happy with an identical moveset, controls and physics as Rush. You'd think that making it more like a 2D-only Colors-style game would be good, but the movement seems so choppy, and the levels are so bland! I know we knocked Diogenes for complaining about Green Hill Zone being too linear, but this instance is far too repulsive. Sonic Rush looks so much better than this.

I'm not too upset over the graphics, but they could definitely be better. After seeing Kid Icarus: Uprising, Luigi's Mansion 2 and Super Mario 3DS, I can't find a proper way to defend them for these... eh... PS1-age graphics. It's like an N64 game with slightly better poly-resolution, and Nintendo was able to do that on the last era of handheld hardware! What on earth happened?

Good job, Dumps, and good job SEGA for green-lighting this trash.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 1

Good job, Dumps, and good job SEGA for green-lighting this trash.

I'm sorry, but that's the best thing I've ever heard. Hahahaha!

I know, I've already written it down. B)

I know, I've already written it down. B)

But I didn't say it was the best thing I've heard all day. You didn't need to write it down :P

And okay, that boss battle looks stupid. He's moving to slowly to be a threat (though this could be because he's an early boss or something) but those spikes do nothing half the time. Sonic hits them a number of times and doesn't get hurt if Big Arm is still flashing.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

PS1-age graphics.

Ehm. No. Early PS2, okay, I'll agree. But PS1? No.

I don't get it. Sonic Pocket Adventure was Dimps's very first Sonic game, and gameplay-wise, I personally found it to control even better than Sonic Advance. Sonic Advance controlled better than Sonic Rush. Sonic Rush controlled better than Sonic 4. Sonic 4 controlled better than Sonic Generations 3DS, apparently?

Why are they working entirely in reverse with their 2D Sonic games? They nailed it on the first try, so what the hell?

*Obligatory Tobbii Heroes Text*

...well at least the music IS decent, I'll say that.

Loooool.

Don't forget the stages. Heroes stages were quite creative. And Team Chaotix's comeback.

The graphics are pretty weak considering what the 3DS can do. They aren't bad, just not good. And moreover, it's the amount of detail that isn't there that makes the game bad. In some of the videos you can see that GHZ is litterly just flying high up above the water.

Loooool.

Don't forget the stages. Heroes stages were quite creative. And Team Chaotix's comeback.

Heroes Stages is my #2 reason why the game should burn.

But okay, Egg Fleet and Frog Forest are great.

Espio is cool, couldn't care less for Vector or Charmy.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Heroes Stages is my #2 reason why the game should burn.

But okay, Egg Fleet and Frog Forest are great.

Espio is cool, couldn't care less for Vector or Charmy.

Pff. Heroes should die in a fire and taste the rainbow for all I care. :rolleyes: (No offense, guys. I reeeeeaaaaaally don't like Heroes xD)

Yep. I hope Frog Forest gets into Generations.

Espio is cool, Vector is alright, and I don't like Charmy much. They could have put Mighty though.

Edited by Tatsumaki
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I want your magical dohickey device thing that allows you to hear text.

Awful joke aside, the 3DS version looks terrible. Modern Sonic is like Sonic Unleashed Wii in 2D with even shittier visuals. That's about as bad as you can get.

Classic Sonic is classic level design with Sonic the Hedgehog 4 physics and whatever else it did wrong. That's like trying to put a square peg into a round hole, it just doesn't work.

Edited by Nix

Yeah my first instinct was correct, the 3DS version looks like shit. I might get it when it's bargain bin priced, but there is no way I'd drop $40 on that turd.

To be fair I think the advance and rush games were pretty good-great. I just think Sonic 4 was very low budget (and might not actually have started as Sonic 4), and I'm convinced that Sega got Dimps on a 3DS version last minute. I honestly think they're throwing this thing together as quick as possible to get it out by the holidays.

With the Heroes Menu Theme,all signs are hinting at a heavy Senoune Soundtrack. I sincerly hope not, they should get the people who did the Unleashed and Colors OST have a huge influence in this game.