Awoo.

Sonic Generations: Special E3 Topic [[UPD: E3 Trailer | 3DS Gameplay] Go watched City Escape Videos]]

Woun

I'm so happy that they are finally focusing on a style for once and getting better at it each game. If they continue this streak I can just IMAGINE what game they make for the WII U would be like.

I changed my mind...after watch City Escape gameplay I believe that they need to keep expanding on the play style...I had no idea that they had gotten it down THAT well. You can even say that generations is doing its own thing...scrapping some of Unleashed ideas taking the best from colors without its bad points.

Taking the gameplay from adventure and a lot of other things...seriously M. Sonic has never looked THIS fucking good.

They completely BLEW City Escape away...apart from the Soap Shoes how can ANY adventure fan look down on City Escape for Generations? Its not even boost-centric...(Even though once I master the stage without the boost be sure I'll be figuring out a way to boost safely and accurately :P)

Edited by Voyant
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Here's a video of these guys messing around with the rolling physics and spindash.

Cool video. It shows that weird bounce back glitch again numerous times (from 1:16) and where rolling really isn't very good (1:50).

Cool video. It shows that weird bounce back glitch again numerous times (from 1:16) and where rolling really isn't very good (1:50).

Edited by Eternal Awesomeness

Maybe....or maybe he wasn't pressing forward when he got to that spot. Because he did almost make it but dropped when he hit the top of the loop. Either way that weird glitch at (1:16) is pretty annoying.

The score thing is VERY forgiving so far. Not sure if it's because of it's an E3 demo or what. In the Gamespot videos the guy got hit a few times (I think) and still received an 'S' rank. Then again I don't remember Unleashed being so forgiving. Even in the demo that was released (which I was playing yesterday). The highest I scored was an A rank.

Edited by Blue Blood

He shouldn't have to press forward to keep building up speed when rolling. And Chimpo already confirmed that it actually makes no difference whether you do or don't.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hm.

I know the rolling physics are nerfed and the Spindash is overpowered, but I'm honestly just happy to see them there at all. If they can alter the roll to pick up speed going downhill and be able to maintain it relative to the terrain, that'd be great. If not, that's cool too. At least the development team is somewhat aware that Sonic was able to curl into a ball when you toggle down.

As for the insta-Spindash, I think it could have been done better in 2 different ways:

1) Keep it, but lengthen the charging time, or cap how fast you can go with this method, and make the traditional method the better way to spindash.

2) Replace it with the Super Peel-out, maybe give Sonic about half a second of invulnerability after initially releasing the button. The only problem with this is that you could just press down and then go into ball mode anyway.

But that's just my 2 rings. I'm set to be satisfied with what we have so far. They have put A LOT of honest effort into this, and I can see that clearly.

The 3DS version however... if they can make Sonic play more like Sonic 4 and Sonic Rush respectively, that'd be an improvement in itself. Now that's just sad for Classic Sonic. We should be seeing at the very least Advance 1 physics here.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 2

1) Keep it, but lengthen the charging time, or cap how fast you can go with this method, and make the traditional method the better way to spindash.

2) Replace it with the Super Peel-out, maybe give Sonic about half a second of invulnerability after initially releasing the button. The only problem with this is that you could just press down and then go into ball mode anyway.

Can somebody explain to me if the so-called "Super Sonic Drift" is simply the same drifting move in Unleashed with Sonic rolling instead of reaching his arm out to drift, or is it a separate move altogether? I think I read that the former was the case, but I just wanted to be sure.

Both S Rank animation for the Sonic's are awesome XD

Classic Sonic was very well played in that....and DAAAAYYYMMMMM is he fast with speed shoes holy crap!

Edited by Voyant

It's official, C. Sonic's S-rank animation is the most adorable thing ever.

• Thumbs Up 2

Nice footage, though I wish someone would use the drift move or curl Sonic into a ball while boosting (if that's indeed possible?). Also, didn't know you could get more than 5 combos.

But that's just my 2 rings. I'm set to be satisfied with what we have so far. They have put A LOT of honest effort into this, and I can see that clearly.

^_^ Someone should totally say that in game at some point.

Both S Rank animation for the Sonic's are awesome XD

I was just going to say as much. The cute poses are enough of a reward for getting an S-rank right there!

Yeah right, I totally want an S-rank achievement. But I digress.

• Thumbs Up 1

Check it out, Sonic "dances" to the song at the end.

4TH WALL BROKEN.

I watched it again to see what you meant, forgetting that there was real-life music covering up any game music that might have been playing.

...Then proceeded to watch the last 5 seconds of that video about half a dozen times. I think I could watch him breakdance all day.

• Thumbs Up 3

Can somebody explain to me if the so-called "Super Sonic Drift" is simply the same drifting move in Unleashed with Sonic rolling instead of reaching his arm out to drift, or is it a separate move altogether? I think I read that the former was the case, but I just wanted to be sure.

From what I've heard, it's just a drift with the spinball look. It appeared in the Gamespot demo at the beginning of GHZ modern but was never seen again because these players don't understand what drift is.

Anyways it's confirmed that, that was the best player that has played the game so far. Even beating out the Dev who demoed it.

Check it out, Sonic "dances" to the song at the end.

4TH WALL BROKEN.

Did sonic spin on his finger? :blink:

Edited by Eternal Awesomeness

I think I could watch him breakdance all day.

Did sonic spin on his finger? :blink:

There I go again.

And ten times later, I still can't tell. I think it's just his hand, but there is grass in the way.

Yup both Sonic's animations are the best thing ever. But now I really want to see Modern Sonic in break dancing competition. Just for the heck of it.

From what i've seen and from what i 've heard the Spin Dash Drift can be used in all corners to drift and build up more speed than just drift and lose some.

You can use that move by pressing LT+RT(360), L2+R2(PS3) and if you want to retain your ball mode you can keep pressing the buttons and keep running in a ball form!

It sounds like really cool and i really want to try it out.

Also thanks a lot for the gameplay vids. I think that Classic Sonic is really-really close to his Genesis physics. If they can make the rolling a little more eh "powerful" so when you roll you don't lose speed then i think fellas you have in your hands what you wished for...

Modern Sonic controls look pretty tight and polished.

Edited by frokenok3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Strange...the graphics in those screens look very much improved....

Strange...the graphics in those screens look very much improved....

Maybe it's because we're actually looking at high quality screens for once rather than bad scans and cam video footage...

• Thumbs Up 2