Awoo.

Sonic Generations: Special E3 Topic [[UPD: E3 Trailer | 3DS Gameplay] Go watched City Escape Videos]]

Woun

@Froenek, You might actually be onto something there. There were 180 Red Rings in Colors, its not unreasonable to assume there'll be 180 in Generations, and therefore 18 zones. Wow +1

Lol Froenek! xD

Thanks dude i'ven been thinking it over and over. I mean they put 180 rings in Colours. It's not unreasonable to have 180 rings in Generations too.

Heck even if it's not 180 rings and it might be 120 = 12 zones!

@Tobbii: I mean 1 zone = 10 rings so 18 zones = 180 rings

Act 1= 5 rings for Classic

Act 2= 5 rings for Modern

Edited by frokenok3

Go to 3:15. I want Sonic as a playable character in Dance Central 2 :P.

Someone in the comments section pointed out that Sonic was on beat a 1:15.

• Thumbs Up 2

It'd be 10 x 18. Classic and Modern Sonic having 5 rings each equals 10.

@Tobbii: I mean 1 zone = 10 rings so 18 zones = 180 rings

Act 1= 5 rings for Classic

Act 2= 5 rings for Modern

Ah, I thought that by 2 stages/game you meant Classic and Modern.

Ah, I thought that by 2 stages/game you meant Classic and Modern.

No problem but how you see it? You think it's possible?

18 zones its a LOT of work but this game is in development for 2 and half years. It depends how quick ST works.

There's gotta be more than just 10 or so stages with only one act per hog. That's only 20 stages! Sonic Unleashed had 49 stages (not counting DLC, counting Werehog stages) and Colors had 59 stages (counting the Game Land stages). You can't tell me that will seriously be it.

There's either got to be more acts to these stages than we think, or there's gotta be more stages. I'm willing to say there's more acts, but you never know how all-out Sega could be going with the effort in this game.

• Thumbs Up 1

No problem but how you see it? You think it's possible?

18 zones its a LOT of work but this game is in development for 2 and half years. It depends how quick ST works.

Iz confirmed that there will be indeed more acts per Zone...so we don't have to worry about that.

Well wasn't that what I said?

What I meant was 9 Zones and 2 Acts, what you guys meant was 18 Zones and 2 Acts, that's where the misunderstanding was.

If there are 18 Zones with 2 acts a piece then there would be 36 stages at least. If there are extra acts, then this will be one longass Sonic game. If you have at least 1 extra act per Sonic per zone, that would be 72 acts.

If they have 22 Zones (if you could Sonic 3/Sonic and Knuckles as seperate games and include Sonic CD), there would be a whopping 44 acts minimum, plus at least 1 extra act per Sonic per Zone would mean a monumental total of 88 acts.

That would be asking too much from the development team. They struggled to put together all the acts from Unleashed. Maybe they could if they pushed themselves to the limit over the last 2.5 to 3 years, but that would be at a massive stretch. Producing that many different level aesthetics with the fidelity of Green Hill Zone and City Escape, would just be too much.

I'm expecting 12 or 13 Zones with 4 acts each (2 are mandatory, the remaining 2 are extras) which would mean 48-52 acts which is more than enough to be honest.

Extra Zones could always be added as DLC

Edited by Scar
  • Thumbs Up 1

[quote name='Indigo Rush' timestamp='1307881830'

Loving the new drift. I wonder if it's just as effective when you aren't boosting, or if you can maintain it by holding the triggers without moving the analog stick much.

If so, "L/R" to roll confirmed for 3D Sonic! I do believe several of us have asked for something like that!

Which reminds me... When is Space Channel 5 supposed to come out on PSN again?

If there are 18 Zones with 2 acts a piece then there would be 36 stages at least. If there are extra acts, then this will be one longass Sonic game. If you have at least 1 extra act per Sonic per zone, that would be 72 acts.

If they have 22 Zones (if you could Sonic 3/Sonic and Knuckles as seperate games and include Sonic CD), there would be a whopping 44 acts minimum, plus at least 1 extra act per Sonic per Zone would mean a monumental total of 88 acts.

That would be asking too much from the development team. They struggled to put together all the acts from Unleashed. Maybe they could if they pushed themselves to the limit over the last 2.5 to 3 years, but that would be at a massive stretch.

Producing that many different level aesthetics with the fidelity of Green Hill Zone and City Escape, would just be too much.

I'm expecting 12 or 13 Zones with 4 acts each (2 are mandatory, the remaining 2 are extras) which would mean 48-52 acts which is more than enough to be honest.

Really good explanation here. I know 18 zones is a stretch and that would be asking too much. I was just basing this to the red rings. Of course the red rings might be less than 180.

In any case 12 or 13 zones is a very good amount of zones and i would be extremely happy if that is the number. Also don't forget that we might see DLC. Which i think that the chances are pretty high. Sonic 06 had DLC, SU had DLC, SaSASR had DLC.

I' pretty sure this game will have too.

Edited by frokenok3

Iz confirmed that there will be indeed more acts per Zone...so we don't have to worry about that.

I remember patrick riley saying something about missions, but I also recall hearing that there would be one act per sonic for each zone(1 m.sonic and 1 c.sonic). Sorry but some clarification would be nice. Do you remember where you got that from?

Edited by Jaouad

I don't think 18 zones is unreasonable. 22 definitely is, but 18 COULD be managed. Regardless, we'll definitely get more than 9.

Also, on a side note, I'm really not sure how I butchered frokenok3's name so badly in my last post. Haha, fail on me.

It's as if Sonic is aware of the music playing, especially that fact that Sonic is on beat at 1:15, which is why I declare there be a new song made my the Mobius Swag Distract.

TEACH ME HOW TO HEDGEHOG

teachmehowtohedgehog.jpg

:P

Joking aside, it's very nice to here that it's confirmed there will be more Acts per Zone. I was really skeptical about 2 Acts per Zone. As for the amount of Zones in the game, has it been confirmed? Or are you guys just listening to that guy on TSSZ News? Because I'm confused here :huh:

Edited by CanofEpicSauce
  • Thumbs Up 4

18 zones could work easily. I don't think it could be a problem, especially given how long this game has been in development, and how these levels have already been created before. The content is essentially already there for them to simply "remix", thus 18 levels isn't unreasonable at all. Plus, consider that Colors had 6 acts for 6 levels, and in total that's 36 stages, while this game would have the same amount if each stages truly has one classic and one modern act. The only difference is that, instead of more acts, we'd be getting less acts, but more levels with different asthetics. Again though, the levels would be based on old ones, so it'd be a bit easier for them to develop.

I do hope that level progression is similar to that of Colors though. By that, I mean that when you beat one level, multiple levels open up in its place, so you can choose which level you want to tackle first. That way, level transitions through time might not feel as forced, giving all the levels space to breathe.

Edited by EXshad

It's as if Sonic is aware of the music playing, especially that fact that Sonic is on beat at 1:15, which is why I declare there be a new song made my the Mobius Swag Distract.

TEACH ME HOW TO HEDGEHOG

teachmehowtohedgehog.jpg

:P

Joking aside, it's very nice to here that it's confirmed there will be more Acts per Zone. I was really skeptical about 2 Acts per Zone. As for the amount of Zones in the game, has it been confirmed? Or are you guys just listening to that guy on TSSZ News? Because I'm confused here :huh:

Hahahha!!!

Don't worry BD3! ;)

Nah, we just speculating in our own! I brought up the Red Rings from Colours that they are 180 in total so we might see the same amount in SG.

Wouldn't 200 Red rings make the most sense, 20th anniversary and all? ;D

And about missions, I am a bit confused how they will work. From the way that they worded it, you could playing the missions as either Classic or Modern Sonic and have your choice which one to play as more thanks to this. I am wondering how that works exactly, though.

I just hoping there is a good chunk amount of content, I don't need a 40-hour long adventure or anything like that, just something with enough meat on the bones and replayability would be nice.

18 individual zones? As in different locations? I don't know if you can fit all of that into one disk. Or do you mean 18 individual acts?

Wouldn't 200 Red rings make the most sense, 20th anniversary and all? ;D

And about missions, I am a bit confused how they will work. From the way that they worded it, you could playing the missions as either Classic or Modern Sonic and have your choice which one to play as more thanks to this. I am wondering how that works exactly, though.

I just hoping there is a good chunk amount of content, I don't need a 40-hour long adventure or anything like that, just something with enough meat on the bones and replayability would be nice.

Personally, I'm hoping the hot dog-style missions from Unleashed return for both hedgehogs, as well as some clever mini-game style or event missions, like what was seen from Adventure, 2006 (minus the shit), or again, Unleashed. Simple stuff like that could add a lot of meat to the game, especially if the reward would be something like classic art, videos, or music from the franchise ;)

18 individual zones? As in different locations? I don't know if you can fit all of that into one disk. Or do you mean 18 individual acts?

18 individual zones. Well i think you can put it in the disk. Take a look at White Knight Chronicles 2. It has 2 games inside the disk over 40 hours each!

I'm not worried about the amount of content (Unleashed has taught me that I'll be playing this for years to come for the sake of perfecting my speedruns through the M. Sonic levels), I just want a ton of stages to be remade. Green Hill Zone and City Escape look nothing short of amazing.

You can put it in 1 Blu-ray....but you'd need multiple DVDs

Well, previous Sonic games on the HD consoles have had 9-10 individual locations, each with separate acts and such. I don't think we'll be getting more than, say, 12.

We'll see.