Awoo.

Sonic Generations: Special E3 Topic [[UPD: E3 Trailer | 3DS Gameplay] Go watched City Escape Videos]]

Woun

Dimps can't make a modern Sonic level worth shit. You guys think Sega is great at only mclassic while Dimps is great at Modern...no the fuck they aren't. Kill this sentiment with fire and brimstone. They suck at modern levels. I mentioned on the Green Hill Zone gameplay for Classic that it looked like a jog in the park...well it is the same for Dimps. Just because they made Rush does not make them an automatic fit for Unleashed style because if I recall both Rush games had pits up the wasoo. It relied on Boost and tricking. The Unwiished had the same linear playstyle that Sega is trying to expand in Modern Sonic. They don't have any grasp of physics(and don't act like Sonic Team doesn't because Unleashed and Colors displayed some understanding of game physics). Although they invented the Boost style, they absolutely suck at level design. So no...no...hell no. If anything, Dimps should make a Sonic fighting game. They are pretty good at those.

If anything, Dimps should make a Sonic fighting game. They are pretty good at those.

This! Sonic the Fighters 2 anyone?

Edit: Ninja'd!

Edited by KrazyBean14

...okay then! Let's hope they can do some proper quality control!

As this thread is found in an utterly ravaged condition, I couldn't help but reply on this. Sorry, mods!

Okay...

-sigh-

How do you propose that these dudes fix a game that sucks, in I dunno...

In less than six months?

I don't see it happening, sorry. This game is just broken beyond repair, and Dimps here is going to have to suck it up. Though Senoue's music (no, not Dimps's; either way, Senoue should totally criticized as well for being as half-assed and disgustingly mediocre as Dimps was with the portable version of SG) for Generations 3DS is half-assed as hell, that's no excuse to say that it's okay for Dimps to have bugs, horrible physics, and mediocre level design. Saying that it's nothing, it can be fixed before the HD versions hit the shelves, is absolutely impossible and idiotic. That's why we're complaining. They screwed up not just one, but two big Sonic games.

They shouldn't even release a 3DS version at all. This game is just broken beyond repair, I'm sorry.

Edited by Tatsumaki
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Even if the 3DS version is broken with the same physics problems as Sonic 4, I bet that the game will still get higher ratings then the console versions.

Pff, it probably won't, since the physics on HD are much more similar to Classic formula than on handheld.

Pff, it probably won't, since the physics on HD are much more similar to Classic formula than on handheld.

Oh you're so naive, do you honestly think they care? All that matters is that Sonic is in good ol' 2D for 100% of the game. Hurray...

Edited by CanofEpicSauce

How do you propose that these dudes fix a game that sucks, in I dunno...

In less than six months?

I doubt the 3DS version has been developed for six months as of now so... It could happen.

I doubt the 3DS version has been developed for six months as of now so... It could happen.

That's not what he meant. He meant can they fix the 3DS version in less that 6 months.

Oh you're so naive, do you honestly think they care? All that matters is that Sonic is in good ol' 2D for 100% of the game. Hurray...

So True...screw Reviewers for misleading me with Rush.

Yeah, but they're still looking for levels to develop. From the looks of it, they've only done Green Hill Zone.

EDIT: Yes, that's also what I meant, Eternal.

xD

Either way, the critics never complained because it was the only 2D Sonic game at the time. Sonic Rush (though it wasn't bad) and 4, I mean.

I bet you my Sonic toys that the Critics will bash on 3DS for being a copy pasta of Genesis stages, horrible physics, how much of an insult it is to Sonic's image and will recommend Classic gameplay on Generations HD, just because it has better platforming and sane physics. ;)

Edited by Tatsumaki

I know what he meant, my point was that if they got that far in short time, they could certainly fix it up while still developing it to be finished.

I know what he meant, my point was that if they got that far in short time, they could certainly fix it up while still developing it to be finished.

They can certainly fix it up. That excuse about testing for S4 was a load of crap. They delayed the game for several months, and it wasn't a retail release that needed an extensive period of physical production after going gold.

It's so doubtful that they will fix anything. Did Rush Adventure's poor graphics get improved? No. Did Unleashed Wii get any less bland? No. Did they do bugger all to S4E1's big problems even after the delay? Nope. What we're looking at is at is more than likely a fair indication of what the final product will be like. They could pull something crazy and have the game improve dramatically, but going by past happenings that's just not on the cards.

Edited by Blue Blood

Precisely...

EDIT: It was for Dissident.

They can certainly fix it up.

Edited by Tatsumaki
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dimps should make a Sonic fighting game. They are pretty good at those.

*See's a whole page go by with no one addressing this.*

Sonic Battle.

Why doesn't anyone ever remember Sonic Battle? :<

*See's a whole page go by with no one addressing this.*

Sonic Battle.

Not made by Dimps.

Edited by Blue Blood

Because it's fucking horrible.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Bad Quality Post 6

Because Shadow had his memories when he did not have them and it didn't make sense so I shut my brain off for that game.

...but it was fun!

._. ...*Crawls into a hole.*

The one time in awhile I don't check to make sure I'm right, well, they sure had me fooled, what with the music in that game and Sonic advance 3 being similar.

I did find battle fun though...then again the last time I really seriously played it was back in 04-05. ._.

Edited by Inferno

Though really hard on the player at times, (ugh, especially in early Emerl parts) Sonic Battle had a little story that was pretty damn cliché, but the way the characters socialized with each other was intriguing. Not to mention, each and every single on of these characters' little individual stories formed this sort of chain of connection with the Big Picture, which was Emerl turning into this uncontrollable monster, and they had to stop him. it had it's customization bits for new combos and strategies, Challenge Mode... All in all, it was pretty good. And I don't think I've seen any Fighting game on the GameBoy Advance that wasn't the omnipresent Street Fighter.

Agreed completely. :) I wonder when Sonic Generations is done, Sega/Sonic Team might make another Fighting Sonic game?