Awoo.

Sonic Generations: Special E3 Topic [[UPD: E3 Trailer | 3DS Gameplay] Go watched City Escape Videos]]

Woun

Considering the 3DS's best games right now are fighters, I think a fighting game on the 3DS would work well, God damnit, why are they making a shitty portable version of Generations when they could be making something a little more creative? Then again, when Sonic team gets creative, we get Werehogs, treasure hunting, and a fuckload of time travel.

Since when could you see people like Sonic talking to Rouge, or Tails talking to Rouge?

If you're a Sonic Adventure 2 fan, and you don't like this game, I'm frankly quite surprised. It looks more like a fanservice to those fans of SA 1 and SA 2 to me. Sort of like Dissidia, just much cheaper. :lol:

Except, well, SA 1 and SA 2 weren't fighting games....gameplay is a LOT more important to a game than story or character development

The same thing would be applied with Fighting Games: it's just fighting: why do you need a story? Mostly, ALL gaming genres don't necessarily need a good plot and characterization to work properly, with the exception of RPGs.

The thing is, Sonic Adventure series is widely known to be very reliant on its plot. (A plot I don't dig, but meh.)

So in that case:

Characterization and plot are necessary in that game.

Lolnope. If anything, the most blatant fladerization of some characters ever.

Amy normally: Stalker with a crush

Amy in Battle: Having hallucinations of Sonic and actually believing Emerl is her child and taking it as a sign of Sonic wanting to propose. though i will admit treating emerl like a baby isn't all that crazy but you get my point

Shadow normally: Loner troubled with his past and all the pain it's caused because of him. Also with memory loss post SA2.

Shadow in Battle: I AM A HEARTLESS MONSTER WITH NO SOUL! CRAWLING IN MY QUILLS! THESE WOUNDS THEY WILL NOT HEEEEEAL!!!! *cuts self* Also somehow knows everything about his past despite this game predating ShTH.

I wouldn't really call that bad, at all. It merely made them more ridiculous in certain aspects. We are talking about characters that are a bit cartoony, you know. And those examples you've said, well...

You could have easily noticed those aspects of these characters in their respective games in the first place.

And Shadow is a character that just doesn't make sense. I've refused to follow his story. No matter how much I try to think about it, it's just too fucked up. Oh, and none of these things are canon to SA2, ShtH, or Heroes in the first place. One doesn't have to bother analyzing it so much. But you know that already. :lol:

EDIT:

Investigated a bit myself, I was wrong. It IS canon. Pff, now I understand Shadow less.

Sonic Colors DS *shakes fist with rage*

Although I agree with everything you said. The handheld games almost always go the extra mile with characterization and story, with special honors to Battle and Chronicles. (even if the characters themselves were a bit off in those games)

Damn, that's true! :o

But I know, right? They did act a bit weird sometimes, but the flaming part of that character's personality blazed brilliantly. As a writer, I love stuff like that: even if they story is meh, or simply no good, look into how the characters act individually and with others, and you might just have something interesting going on.

Edited by Tatsumaki

I wouldn't really call that bad, at all. It merely made them more ridiculous in certain aspects. We are talking about characters that are a bit cartoony, you know. And those examples you've said, well...

Cartoony does not excuse badly written characters. Not by a long shot.

You could have easily noticed those aspects of these characters in their respective games in the first place.

Amy having hallucinations and sliding off the crazy end of Tsundere? No. Being a fangirl with a crush is one thing, having mental issues is another.

Oh, and none of these things are canon to SA2, ShtH, or Heroes in the first place. One doesn't have to bother analyzing it so much. But you know that already. laugh.gif

No excuse. You don't see Shadow being a complete emo bitch over being a "weapon with no soul" because someone he loved died, and you don't see Mario eating platefuls of spaghetti every five minutes because he's Italian.

Because it's fucking horrible.

Your fightin' a losing battle son, almost everyone here likes battle despite its semi-confusing storyline.

Why don't you explain why its "fucking horrible" before your neg-repped any farther, unless you just want to be one of those "i only need 1 sentence to explain my reasonings" kind of people.

Because Shadow had his memories when he did not have them and it didn't make sense so I shut my brain off for that game.

...but it was fun!

In the canon timeline its supposed to take place after shadow the hedgehog. so it does make sense, it just goes SH > SHTH > SB > SADV 3 instead of its release order ala MGS series. i believe it was because they didn't want any leaks of SHTH's storyline to happen at the time since SHTH was still in development so they had to work around it.

Edited by goku262002

Cartoony does not excuse badly written characters. Not by a long shot.

Amy having hallucinations and sliding off the crazy end of Tsundere? No. Being a fangirl with a crush is one thing, having mental issues is another.

No excuse. You don't see Shadow being a complete emo bitch over being a "weapon with no soul" because someone he loved died, and you don't see Mario eating platefuls of spaghetti every five minutes because he's Italian.

Again, you're taking taking this game seriously. B)

We're talking about CARTOONS.

Amy is about how old again? Twelve, was it? If I'm not mistaken, Rose was about eight in the CD incident.

Anyway, she's basically a pre-pubescent kid who has an enormous crush with a teen that just wants to avoid stalkers like her. Meaning, she plays with toys. For example, the battle map in Sonic Battle of Amy's Room. It's pink and childish as fuck.

When Tails told Amy Emerl was like Sonic's baby, she just thought Sonic is using a robot as a practice for when they have a baby. According to her insane train of thought, which was so since SEGA CD.

She was aware that it was just... A robot. But it was important to Sonic, which is why she constantly struggled to keep Emerl safe from Rouge.

And yeaaah. Shadow in SA2 was over-compulsive with Maria, having constant daydreams. Oh, not to mention how obssesed Shadow was with Sonic, of him being "The Ultimate Life Form".

And if we're going along this line, we should might as well mention how freaky Tails was with Sonic in SA2, whereas Tails in Battle was like he was in SA2 but less obviously. Nevertheless, he was too caught up in finding out who Emerl was. When I put it that way, Tails is displayed there as a young genius. A bit like in Colors, which was a huge improvement over SA2. :)

In the canon timeline its supposed to take place after shadow the hedgehog. so it does make sense, it just goes SH > SHTH > SB > SADV 3 instead of its release order ala MGS series. i believe it was because they didn't want any leaks of SHTH's storyline to happen at the time since SHTH was still in development so they had to work around it.

Uh, no, not really. It's a lose/lose, situation, really.

In order to identify bugs and problems in gameplay, you need game testers. Game testers don't come cheap, and certainly, these sort of guys have lives.

Bugs come and go whenever they please, so identifying them is not easy. I mean, look at Mario 64. There sure was some really ugly glitches there, huh? But the thing is, the game testers probably never noticed the glitches that were present in the game because they were so weird, uncommon, and unlikely to happen.

So when you put it this way.

Dimps will never fix these problems.

Even if they felt like it, it would still be impossible because bug-fixing, graphics improvements, and serious redesigning of levels and physics would takes too long.

If SEGA is having trouble with Classic Sonic physics for the HD version, imagine Dimps.

No way.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Even if that's the case it didn't help that it was released before ShTH during which I played it.

How to fix the 3DS version....DELAY IT!! Release the HD versions first, work on the 3DS version, release it about 2-3 months later. Simple.

• Thumbs Up 1

How to fix the 3DS version....DELAY IT!! Release the HD versions first, work on the 3DS version, release it about 2-3 months later. Simple.

Except this defeats the point of the game. The console versions will be released sometime in November supposedly, so 2-3 months after is after Sonic's anniversary. Infact, this is the main reason why they're not making a WiiU version.

Why wouldn't Sonic and Tails talk to Rouge? Apart from her catburglar ways she's technically a good character, she only played bad in SA2 since she was a double agent.

...a double agent who let her organization's base blow-up, but stilll.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

^ Agreed. But another reason she'd talk to them is to ask where Knuckles is....If you know what I mean. :P

^ Agreed. But another reason she'd talk to them is to ask where Knuckles is....If you know what I mean. :P

Except SegaSonic canon pretty must has decided to go the ShadowXRouge path ever since Heroes.

Except SegaSonic canon pretty must has decided to go the ShadowXRouge path ever since Heroes.

I am gonna go hoarse screaming Colors DS so many times in one week. Am I the only person out there who hardcored the game to get the most out of the story?

(I'll defend the cannon of that game to the death btw)

Why wouldn't Sonic and Tails talk to Rouge? Apart from her catburglar ways she's technically a good character, she only played bad in SA2 since she was a double agent.

...a double agent who let her organization's base blow-up, but stilll.

I think the point T was tring to get across is that it was pretty rare to get a story in depth enough to feature out-of-the-norm side conversations. Sonic and Tails don't get many chances to talk to Rouge. (or Espio, Vector, Big ect)

Also, technically Rouge worked as a government agent directly under the President in SA2 (and not as a GUN agent as she is nowadays) - so blowing up the GUN base was slightly more excusable...... SLIGHTLY

Edited by Sega DogTagz

I am gonna go hoarse screaming Colors DS so many times in one week. Am I the only person out there who hardcored the game to get the most out of the story?

(I'll defend the cannon of that game to the death btw)

I think the point T was tring to get across is that it was pretty rare to get a story in depth enough to feature out-of-the-norm side conversations. Sonic and Tails don't get many chances to talk to Rouge. (or Espio, Vector, Big ect)

Also, technically Rouge worked as a government agent directly under the President in SA2 (and not as a GUN agent as she is nowadays) - so blowing up the GUN base was slightly more excusable...... SLIGHTLY

I'm still playing Colours DS, havn't finished it yet.

Well okay, that's true.

Oh yeah, but will we be seeing some of that in Generations possibly?

Sonic 2006 showed some KnucklesXRouge tension.

But it's kinda overshadowed by the ShadowXRouge overtones... eh. I always saw Shadow and Rouge as having a platonic relationship, with there being more of a romantic interest between Knuckles and Rouge.

SEGA really didn't do much with it. I hope they play a little on it this game. I'd like to see a little love triangle going on.

...what am I saying get that shiz out of my Sonic games now ruined forever bawwww :P

I absolutely want to see more interaction between characters who don't normally appear together. I liked that aspect of Battle, even though it handled the characters themselves rather badly, I liked it in the Rivals games (I mean, Silver and Espio? How cool is that?) and I even got a little enjoyment out of it in ShTH, even if most of the "interaction" in that game was just other characters talking AT Shadow. And, yeah, Colours DS handled things pretty well for a platformer. It's sounding to me like Generations HD at the very least is going to follow in Colours DS's footsteps, and I can only approve of that.

Also, it's obviously ShadowXOmega, you guys. Rouge is just their beard. JUST BECAUSE THEY'RE BOTH ARTIFICIAL DOESN'T MEAN THEIR LOVE ISN'T REAL

• Thumbs Up 3

Aside from 06 I'm not seeing it, hell Knuckles and Rouge are even together in Colors DS, so take of that what you will.

Admittedly they have toned down the sexual tension between the two to just simple bickering(Because Animosity equals love right?). ITs shame really, not because I like shipping them, but those two could be the source of some really adult jokes in the series.

But yes I do hope we see more characters interact with people they never speak to, hell even within the Fantastic Four(Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy) they don't really intereact with each other outside of Sonic, here's hoping to some Tails/Knuckles, Tails/Amy, Knuckles/Amy, hell even Sonic/Amy don't interact(As in her not trying to glomp him all the damn time)as much as people would think.

Aside from 06 I'm not seeing it, hell Knuckles and Rouge are even together in Colors DS, so take of that what you will.

Admittedly they have toned down the sexual tension between the two to just simple bickering(Because Animosity equals love right?). ITs shame really, not because I like shipping them, but those two could be the source of some really adult jokes in the series.

But yes I do hope we see more characters interact with people they never speak to, hell even within the Fantastic Four(Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy) they don't really intereact with each other outside of Sonic, here's hoping to some Tails/Knuckles, Tails/Amy, Knuckles/Amy, hell even Sonic/Amy don't interact(As in her not trying to glomp him all the damn time)as much as people would think.

Like I already stated, I havn't played through Colours DS yet. So for me they haven't even touched upon the Knux/Rouge thing since SA2's one line "I'm sorry if I hurt you".

Like I already stated, I havn't played through Colours DS yet. So for me they haven't even touched upon the Knux/Rouge thing since SA2's one line "I'm sorry if I hurt you".

Do you really want romance to be explored in this series? Remember 06?

I'm fine with how they are now, they got some serious "belligerent sexual tension" going on.

Except this defeats the point of the game. The console versions will be released sometime in November supposedly, so 2-3 months after is after Sonic's anniversary. Infact, this is the main reason why they're not making a WiiU version.

LOL, how can I forget that???!!