Awoo.

Sonic Generations: Special E3 Topic [[UPD: E3 Trailer | 3DS Gameplay] Go watched City Escape Videos]]

Woun

The Sonic Stadium and SEGA Bits' E3 Q&A with Takashi Iizuka

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2011/06/e3-sonic-generations-qa-with-takashi-iizuka/

http://www.segabits.com/?p=13938

EDIT:

Just noticed it's already been posted in the previews thread. I thought it was odd that no-one had posted it after 5 hours or so of it being up :lol:

Do you really want romance to be explored in this series? Remember 06?

No, and I never said that either. I simply said to a Knux/Rouge fan that it seems SEGA prefers Shad/Rouge, that was all.

No, and I never said that either. I simply said to a Knux/Rouge fan that it seems SEGA prefers Shad/Rouge, that was all.

And I was just saying that I don't see it.

And I was just saying that I don't see it.

You were asking if really I wanted to see more romance explored in the series, which I hadn't even brought up once.

Sonic Generations and Jim Sterling both have physics

18 hours ago - 4:20 PM on 06.13.2011 | Jonathan Holmes

Last week, Jim Sterling showed you the amazing events that occurred at Sonic's 20th birthday party. There are a couple of things that Jim didn't show you, though. One was that Sonic Generations was at the party. I played it, and I can tell you that the game does indeed have a pretty good physics engine. Sonic 4-physics haters need not be concerned.

The other thing is that Jim Sterling has a unique physics formula all his own. As it turns out, Sonic's 20th birthday party + Jim Sterling + an apple = something magical. I can't explain exactly how it all works, but I can speak to the effects of the formula, and it's undeniable potency. My stomach still hurts from the events that transpired that night.

If you're ever feeling sad and blue, just invite Jim Sterling over to your house and give him an apple, and you won't be sad for long. You may need to also add unspecified amounts of some blue drink to the equation, though that part of the science is yet to be determined.

http://www.destructoid.com/sonic-generations-and-jim-sterling-both-have-physics-203647.phtml

Love the ending of the video :lol:

Why wouldn't Sonic and Tails talk to Rouge? Apart from her catburglar ways she's technically a good character, she only played bad in SA2 since she was a double agent.

...a double agent who let her organization's base blow-up, but stilll.

Remember, she was still working for G.U.N.. She still had to retrieve the Gizoid. She stole Emerl to use him as the best Robotic Thief in the world. And then maybe later hand the Gizoid over to G.U.N.. She was still working for G.U.N., still doing the same things as she did in SA2:

Using Eggman to find her treasures, and work for G.U.N. at the same time. It's more-or-less the same thing. :P

But yeah, the main reason why she talked with them was for Emerl. Nevertheless, you never saw them talking with each other. Never.

It's their job to test games.

And regardless, redesigning the stages and overhauling the physics IS possible. It wouldn't take too long or be impractical with so many months left until the game goes gold, it's that neither neither Dimps, Sonic Team or SEGA are going to be too bothered about it.

Eh, I wouldn't say that. There's a huge delay for those guys, as they must wait for games to develop. It may take three weeks for them to find a job there, and it probably won't last long.

If you say so... You think that they have enough time, and I think the opposite. But I think we both share an opinion, and it's that Dimps definitely won't fix this thing up.

Edited by Tatsumaki

haha I really hate jim but his reaction was priceless. The party was great and all but it really shows what made sonic a lauging stock to a great audience

haha I really hate jim but his reaction was priceless. The party was great and all but it really shows what made sonic a lauging stock to a great audience

Edited by sonfan1984

The people at the party is having so much fun to even care. Destructroid video seems to only cover and edit the parts where it makes us look like we're insane when people are there just having a great time. I saw the whole entire party on youtube and I wish I was there.

Yeah lol i'm not saying that I think the fans look insane. Most of us know the fanbase so there's nothing new about it. I'm just saying that it probably does look insane to non sonic fans. Personally I can understand why people would think that, their more objective from their standpoints and imo it's kinda sad because the whole crush 40 "buttrock" and the whole craziness around it does not really do sonic's apeal any good. It's basically what turns people off from the franchise and is part of why sonic has been considered a lauging stock to a great extent.

But yeah if I were i'd probably just go along with the party :P

Yeah, their video only showed Crush 40 perform His World but they performed a whole bunch of Sonic songs and I'm actually surprised that I was enjoying the concert cause I don't even like their music that much. But whatever, it will make us look insane for people who's not into Sonic but at least there was many people there and they had a great time and that what matters is that people had fun. I don't know that many videogame companies who will throw birthday parties for a videogame character. :P

Edited by KrazyBean14

They put up a separate video for Crush 40 as well where they performed What I'm Made Of...

Edited by sonfan1984

Again, you're taking taking this game seriously. cool.gif
  • Thumbs Up 1

Now that was one super-positive press reaction for the game! The guys were totally amazed from what they've seen.

And again, being cartoony doesn't excuse poor writing.

'Kay. :D

• Thumbs Up 1

Black People are so much mure easily excited about Sonic games :rolleyes:

You know what, I think you're right. In fact I recall BLACKbusterCritic gushing over Sonic Colors when the gameplay was first released. That's odd...

Black People are so much mure easily excited about Sonic games :rolleyes:

lol, those guys don't look like people who is even interested in Sonic games.

This is the most positive press reaction video to Sonic Generations that I've seen yet.

http://ps3.gamezone.com/videos/item/sonic_generations_e3_2011_interview/

I like how the guy in the middle has his arm hovering over the guy with the mics arm. As if he's trying to grab the mic or hug him. Anyway I'm glad to see people are excited for this game. Especially the truck part.

Edited by Torcano

Yeah guys when I noticed the truck running to the side I gotta be honest, first I was like holy shit did he just really...??? But when I realised he really did I dropped manly tears of.... I don't even know if that's describable.

Modern sonic has been improved alot, i've noticed when I finally payed attention to it (because I was too busy with the c.sonic gameplay). The level design, the alternate paths, the controls and boost. It looks like when you boost for an instance, he slows down quick unlike unleashed where he'd fly out of boundaries. Sonic looks alot less slippery in generations.

I gotta give it to you guys, i'm pumped for the modern gameplay as well now but really hope c.sonic to get alot of polishing till the game release as well.

• Thumbs Up 1