Woun

Sonic Generations: Special E3 Topic [[UPD: E3 Trailer | 3DS Gameplay] Go watched City Escape Videos]]

Except SegaSonic canon pretty must has decided to go the ShadowXRouge path ever since Heroes.

I am gonna go hoarse screaming Colors DS so many times in one week. Am I the only person out there who hardcored the game to get the most out of the story?

(I'll defend the cannon of that game to the death btw)

Why wouldn't Sonic and Tails talk to Rouge? Apart from her catburglar ways she's technically a good character, she only played bad in SA2 since she was a double agent.

...a double agent who let her organization's base blow-up, but stilll.

I think the point T was tring to get across is that it was pretty rare to get a story in depth enough to feature out-of-the-norm side conversations. Sonic and Tails don't get many chances to talk to Rouge. (or Espio, Vector, Big ect)

Also, technically Rouge worked as a government agent directly under the President in SA2 (and not as a GUN agent as she is nowadays) - so blowing up the GUN base was slightly more excusable...... SLIGHTLY

Edited by Sega DogTagz

I am gonna go hoarse screaming Colors DS so many times in one week. Am I the only person out there who hardcored the game to get the most out of the story?

(I'll defend the cannon of that game to the death btw)

I think the point T was tring to get across is that it was pretty rare to get a story in depth enough to feature out-of-the-norm side conversations. Sonic and Tails don't get many chances to talk to Rouge. (or Espio, Vector, Big ect)

Also, technically Rouge worked as a government agent directly under the President in SA2 (and not as a GUN agent as she is nowadays) - so blowing up the GUN base was slightly more excusable...... SLIGHTLY

I'm still playing Colours DS, havn't finished it yet.

Well okay, that's true.

Sonic 2006 showed some KnucklesXRouge tension.

But it's kinda overshadowed by the ShadowXRouge overtones... eh. I always saw Shadow and Rouge as having a platonic relationship, with there being more of a romantic interest between Knuckles and Rouge.

SEGA really didn't do much with it. I hope they play a little on it this game. I'd like to see a little love triangle going on.

...what am I saying get that shiz out of my Sonic games now ruined forever bawwww :P

I absolutely want to see more interaction between characters who don't normally appear together. I liked that aspect of Battle, even though it handled the characters themselves rather badly, I liked it in the Rivals games (I mean, Silver and Espio? How cool is that?) and I even got a little enjoyment out of it in ShTH, even if most of the "interaction" in that game was just other characters talking AT Shadow. And, yeah, Colours DS handled things pretty well for a platformer. It's sounding to me like Generations HD at the very least is going to follow in Colours DS's footsteps, and I can only approve of that.

Also, it's obviously ShadowXOmega, you guys. Rouge is just their beard. JUST BECAUSE THEY'RE BOTH ARTIFICIAL DOESN'T MEAN THEIR LOVE ISN'T REAL

Except SegaSonic canon pretty must has decided to go the ShadowXRouge path ever since Heroes.

Aside from 06 I'm not seeing it, hell Knuckles and Rouge are even together in Colors DS, so take of that what you will.

Admittedly they have toned down the sexual tension between the two to just simple bickering(Because Animosity equals love right?). ITs shame really, not because I like shipping them, but those two could be the source of some really adult jokes in the series.

But yes I do hope we see more characters interact with people they never speak to, hell even within the Fantastic Four(Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy) they don't really intereact with each other outside of Sonic, here's hoping to some Tails/Knuckles, Tails/Amy, Knuckles/Amy, hell even Sonic/Amy don't interact(As in her not trying to glomp him all the damn time)as much as people would think.

Aside from 06 I'm not seeing it, hell Knuckles and Rouge are even together in Colors DS, so take of that what you will.

Admittedly they have toned down the sexual tension between the two to just simple bickering(Because Animosity equals love right?). ITs shame really, not because I like shipping them, but those two could be the source of some really adult jokes in the series.

But yes I do hope we see more characters interact with people they never speak to, hell even within the Fantastic Four(Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy) they don't really intereact with each other outside of Sonic, here's hoping to some Tails/Knuckles, Tails/Amy, Knuckles/Amy, hell even Sonic/Amy don't interact(As in her not trying to glomp him all the damn time)as much as people would think.

Like I already stated, I havn't played through Colours DS yet. So for me they haven't even touched upon the Knux/Rouge thing since SA2's one line "I'm sorry if I hurt you".

Like I already stated, I havn't played through Colours DS yet. So for me they haven't even touched upon the Knux/Rouge thing since SA2's one line "I'm sorry if I hurt you".

Do you really want romance to be explored in this series? Remember 06?

I'm fine with how they are now, they got some serious "belligerent sexual tension" going on.

Except this defeats the point of the game. The console versions will be released sometime in November supposedly, so 2-3 months after is after Sonic's anniversary. Infact, this is the main reason why they're not making a WiiU version.

LOL, how can I forget that???!!

The Sonic Stadium and SEGA Bits' E3 Q&A with Takashi Iizuka

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2011/06/e3-sonic-generations-qa-with-takashi-iizuka/

http://www.segabits.com/?p=13938

EDIT:

Just noticed it's already been posted in the previews thread. I thought it was odd that no-one had posted it after 5 hours or so of it being up :lol:

Do you really want romance to be explored in this series? Remember 06?

No, and I never said that either. I simply said to a Knux/Rouge fan that it seems SEGA prefers Shad/Rouge, that was all.

No, and I never said that either. I simply said to a Knux/Rouge fan that it seems SEGA prefers Shad/Rouge, that was all.

And I was just saying that I don't see it.

And I was just saying that I don't see it.

You were asking if really I wanted to see more romance explored in the series, which I hadn't even brought up once.

Sonic Generations and Jim Sterling both have physics

18 hours ago - 4:20 PM on 06.13.2011 | Jonathan Holmes

Last week, Jim Sterling showed you the amazing events that occurred at Sonic's 20th birthday party. There are a couple of things that Jim didn't show you, though. One was that Sonic Generations was at the party. I played it, and I can tell you that the game does indeed have a pretty good physics engine. Sonic 4-physics haters need not be concerned.

The other thing is that Jim Sterling has a unique physics formula all his own. As it turns out, Sonic's 20th birthday party + Jim Sterling + an apple = something magical. I can't explain exactly how it all works, but I can speak to the effects of the formula, and it's undeniable potency. My stomach still hurts from the events that transpired that night.

If you're ever feeling sad and blue, just invite Jim Sterling over to your house and give him an apple, and you won't be sad for long. You may need to also add unspecified amounts of some blue drink to the equation, though that part of the science is yet to be determined.

http://www.destructoid.com/sonic-generations-and-jim-sterling-both-have-physics-203647.phtml

Love the ending of the video :lol:

Why wouldn't Sonic and Tails talk to Rouge? Apart from her catburglar ways she's technically a good character, she only played bad in SA2 since she was a double agent.

...a double agent who let her organization's base blow-up, but stilll.

Remember, she was still working for G.U.N.. She still had to retrieve the Gizoid. She stole Emerl to use him as the best Robotic Thief in the world. And then maybe later hand the Gizoid over to G.U.N.. She was still working for G.U.N., still doing the same things as she did in SA2:

Using Eggman to find her treasures, and work for G.U.N. at the same time. It's more-or-less the same thing. :P

But yeah, the main reason why she talked with them was for Emerl. Nevertheless, you never saw them talking with each other. Never.

It's their job to test games.

And regardless, redesigning the stages and overhauling the physics IS possible. It wouldn't take too long or be impractical with so many months left until the game goes gold, it's that neither neither Dimps, Sonic Team or SEGA are going to be too bothered about it.

Eh, I wouldn't say that. There's a huge delay for those guys, as they must wait for games to develop. It may take three weeks for them to find a job there, and it probably won't last long.

If you say so... You think that they have enough time, and I think the opposite. But I think we both share an opinion, and it's that Dimps definitely won't fix this thing up.

Edited by Tatsumaki

haha I really hate jim but his reaction was priceless. The party was great and all but it really shows what made sonic a lauging stock to a great audience

The people at the party is having so much fun to even care. Destructroid video seems to only cover and edit the parts where it makes us look like we're insane when people are there just having a great time. I saw the whole entire party on youtube and I wish I was there.

Yeah lol i'm not saying that I think the fans look insane. Most of us know the fanbase so there's nothing new about it. I'm just saying that it probably does look insane to non sonic fans. Personally I can understand why people would think that, their more objective from their standpoints and imo it's kinda sad because the whole crush 40 "buttrock" and the whole craziness around it does not really do sonic's apeal any good. It's basically what turns people off from the franchise and is part of why sonic has been considered a lauging stock to a great extent.

But yeah if I were i'd probably just go along with the party :P

Yeah, their video only showed Crush 40 perform His World but they performed a whole bunch of Sonic songs and I'm actually surprised that I was enjoying the concert cause I don't even like their music that much. But whatever, it will make us look insane for people who's not into Sonic but at least there was many people there and they had a great time and that what matters is that people had fun. I don't know that many videogame companies who will throw birthday parties for a videogame character. :P

Edited by KrazyBean14