Awoo.

Sonic Generations: Special E3 Topic [[UPD: E3 Trailer | 3DS Gameplay] Go watched City Escape Videos]]

Woun

uhQvapvs2JE695Ho8UkabxEdmiQWenu5.jpg

Interesting! You can see a bit of the other two stages to the left and right of the City Escape menu. My guess is

Speed Highway to the left and Seaside Hill to the right

Woah, you're right! Good eye!

The mountains in SSH look more like GHZ, I think.

uhQvapvs2JE695Ho8UkabxEdmiQWenu5.jpg

Interesting! You can see a bit of the other two stages to the left and right of the City Escape menu. My guess is

Speed Highway to the left and Seaside Hill to the right

fox_emoticons-17.gif

Found my new hubby.

I wonder what the medals unlock..

Edited by Valkyrie

.... What's wrong with the vocals? Of course they sound different, but they don't sound particularly terrible or anything. I liked it. The percussion and bass lines were ace.

And if I'm to off-handedly compare the two versions, it's always sounded to me like the classic version simply took the original vocals for its remix, not that it was re-recorded. I can barely spot any differences.

Hmm... the way the levels are lined up and how they are selected from left to right kinda reminds me kinda of Ape Escape:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy0BlJGut38 (08:12)

Though it doesn't seem like there's a lot of room for Sonic to function beyond that. Perhaps after selecting a stage on this map, you'll go to a sorta "Entrance stage", like there was in Sonic Unleashed, or on a level select map like in Sonic Colors where you can select your mission and perhaps find (and free) lost characters. Though I still wonder where the bosses will pop up...

I wonder what the medals unlock..

I'm not sure, but I think it's been confirmed that each metal represents one of the five missions you can complete for each level, and once completed, the corresponding metal will turn gold to signify that it's finished, or something. I don't remember where I heard that from though, so don't hold me to that :P

Edited by EXshad

Woah, you're right! Good eye!

The mountains in SSH look more like GHZ, I think.

Thanks!

From what the leaks told us

each era will be it's own area, so SA1, SA2 and SH will all be together. Though it makes me wonder if walking to the right causes the stages to loop? Sort of like when characters run in a Hanna-Barbera cartoon? Also, looks like a bit of greenery on the platform to the left, and I don't recall Speed Highway having greenery in the first part. So perhaps the Speed Highway hub will be from At Dawn?

Thanks!

From what the leaks told us

each era will be it's own area, so SA1, SA2 and SH will all be together. Though it makes me wonder if walking to the right causes the stages to loop? Sort of like when characters run in a Hanna-Barbera cartoon? Also, looks like a bit of greenery on the platform to the left, and I don't recall Speed Highway having greenery in the first part. So perhaps the Speed Highway hub will be from At Dawn?

I think that's a caution thing. Like this:

security-mark-or-band-clip-art.jpg.

Could be wrong, though..

So...can anyone rip the music from the video? pretty pretty please *-*

Never did this before, so I hope this is ok: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=00758674902928779112&gk=hyip

• Thumbs Up 1

hahah sounds like the "Boosting Version" of City Escape :D

Its probably unfinished though as we got like...3 different versions of Green Hill till we heard the final one.

EDIT: Meant non boost version

Edited by Voyant

The new version of Escape from the city is pretty decent, the vocals could use some work, but overall the guitars and bass sound great.

Edited by sjmaster92

It sounds to me like some audio channels have been ommitted.....Needs some more guitar running to give it a little more warmth. It feels pretty empty to me.

I didn't like it at first. I was just expecting the original version with more lyrics. But as I kept listening, each time I liked it more and more. It grew on me. In fact, I think I like this more than the original. Honestly, I think it just took me a bit to get over the surprise. I didn't expect that they would change it much for the Modern version. But now I am glad they did. :)

Also the Hub looks awesome. :D

Well the medals could be for

missions, we know from the leaks of the demo that is level will have five missions and because we can see five medals as well I think that each mission will give you a medal.Its just an idea.

This. Or maybe they are the "Keys" to unlock the bosses and rivals.

Hmm...that Modern Remix sounds fairly standard,it's more like an alternate version really.

Hmm... the way the levels are lined up and how they are selected from left to right kinda reminds me kinda of Ape Escape:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy0BlJGut38 (08:12)

Damn, good eye! I love Ape Escape, and you're right--it's A LOT like the hubworld.

3 eras. Sort of like the time periods from Ape Escape, no?

Then ya just zoom and pick the one ya want. I never would have noticed that.

The new City Escape sounds... alright. The lack of instruments makes it sound almost incomplete, and the chords are way too short.

The boosting music ought to fix that issue you're speaking of, Dissident.

I just hope that isn't the boosting music, though. :P

New interview from Gamereactor:

3DS version only getting 7 levels? Let the fan-rage commence...

3DS Version is gonna be crap.I can see the Stage selection being really messy,and the fact that it's Sonic Genesis 2 doesn't help.

• Bad Quality Post 1

New interview from Gamereactor:

3DS version only getting 7 levels? Let the fan-rage commence...

There is only so much you can fit in one of those game-cards.

As far as I know, the high-capacity versions haven't been introduced yet, and they're using low-capacity ones till they become cheaper.

• Bad Quality Post 1

There is only so much you can fit in one of those game-cards.

Don't pull the same excuses like with Wii Unleashed,people. The Game doesn't even have have graphics.It's obviously a rushed version,no way around it.

About capacity, Ocarina of Time fits on one card, so 9 enviorments shoudn't be a problem.

Edited by ChikaBoing

What? Only 7 zones? Well, I should have imaged that...

7 Chaos Emeralds = 7 Special Stages = 7 Zones

Dimps always makes their handheld Sonic games with 7 Zones. Why is this a surprise?

Edited by Indigo Rush