Awoo.

Sonic Generations: Special E3 Topic [[UPD: E3 Trailer | 3DS Gameplay] Go watched City Escape Videos]]

Woun

Is it me or she was talking to a statue? :P

...wait a minute, Lara's British and this one doesn't have a British accent. Wish I was there to take off that mask, that bloody impersonater...well everyone wants to be like Lara I guess... <_<

Edited by turbojet
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 2

See what sad is that despite gaming being in the next generation these games are much harder to develop on time than they were last generation ( GC,PS2, Xbox)

Surprisingly Sonic Unleashed HD is actual made in higher resolution than most popular games like COD and HALO so in the end they are putting much more effort in the environmental and graphics. Considering the eye candy we are getting and how each environment is totally diffrent from eachother with minor reuses like Seaside Hill.

Knowing that we are going to have 9 levels in a good considerable amount in 2.5 years in development considering how massive the levels actually are and that's not counting level cameos we might be getting from Bosses and Rival Battles or the obvious Final Zone.

I think before we judge the game we need to have it in our hands before we call it insignificant...plus I'm sure DLC will make up for it somewhat.

Not to mention that the HD versions of Sonic Generations are going to be $10 less than other HD games. 9 zones is more than good enough with the price we're getting it for.

Edited by SuperClassic

Not only that, the bitch accused Modern Sonic of being the imposter. Fuck her.

Where in the video did she said that?

AND multiple Acts for each Sonic!

Wait what? There's only one act per Sonic. Each Act has 5 additional missions but there's only one act.

Wait what? There's only one act per Sonic. Each Act has 5 additional missions but there's only one act.

Iizuka confirmed that there are multiple acts in an interview...I forgot which one though.

Iizuka confirmed that there are multiple acts in an interview...I forgot which one though.

He definitive said that in an interview. I can confirm that. ^^

Edited by Death the Kid

I know what you're referring to, but Iizuka's translations don't always go well and I'm almost certain he was referring to the missions. If there were multiple Acts for both Sonic's we would have almost certainly seen references to them in the demo code.

He may consider the missions as multiple acts.

but really, we have a total of 108 levels (18 acts and 90 missions) There really doesn't need to be that much more

You mean one zone

with acts and 5 additional missions.

He may consider the missions as multiple acts.

but really, we have a total of 108 levels (18 acts and 90 missions) There really doesn't need to be that much more

I don't know if he would call them Acts instead of Missions.

Acts are the same Stage but they have a new course. Missions instead are in the same "course" with an other goal.

I think each Sonic will have 2 Acts. 1 Main act and 1 short act.

I don't know if he would call them Acts instead of Missions.

Acts are the same Stage but they have a new course. Missions instead are in the same "course" with an other goal.

I think each Sonic will have 2 Acts. 1 Main act and 1 short act.

You can think that, but there's absolutely no evidence of it. Iizuka is extremely prone to gaffes and confusion follows many of his interviews. He said there would be hubworlds too, but it seems to actually be an interactive menu.

If there were multiple acts per Sonic then there would have been references to them in the demo, yet nothing even remotely resembling more Acts is visible in the code. Believing that there are more Acts is just wishful thinking.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 2

Unleashed dlc had so much in one pack(more acts and missions)so I'm sure Generations dlc will be as big or bigger!(aka more stages,missions, etc.) The game alone looks like it will have more than unleashed so hopefully it can 1up in the dlc category as well.

Edited by Dudehedgehogfan1996

Neg reps for opinion. Real mature guys.

I think before we judge the game we need to have it in our hands before we call it insignificant...plus I'm sure DLC will make up for it somewhat.

See I will never see DLC as a true part of a game. Call me old fashioned but if I buy something I want a physical copy of it that doesn't exist out there in digital land where harddrive crashes or account hacking/deletion can destroy.

I'm actually tired of developers thinking they can make half a game just because we now live in an age where DLC is an acceptable pardon for it. (Not saying Sonic Generations is doing this) but just look at what they're doing with MvC3, I mean seriously? While I know DLC can be good supplement I still feel disdain towards its existance because without it a developer would have to make a game stand up by its own merits, however with it developers might not always put their all into making a game.

Furthermore I'll never accept DLC as acceptable replacement for more levels because some people don't have access to the means to use DLC and essentially end up with less of a game than others do.

I still laugh quietly to myself whenever someone brings up the "Sega did this on purpose to throw us off the trail" theory.

Obviously not quiet enough if you had to voice it.

What's so funny? The thing that is more funny is that if it is true then the leaks from SEGA weren't on purpose and that is funny....well actually it's more sad I suppose. A big company really should know how to keep their stuff from getting leaked out. Was just a hope that the leaks were to make us comfortable with the measly 9 levels and then BAM! Hit us with the news that there's actually a little more bite to this game than we'd been trolled into expecting!

Not to mention that the HD versions of Sonic Generations are going to be $10 less than other HD games. 9 zones is more than good enough with the price we're getting it for.

And?

If it meant getting more levels in this game what's a measly extra $10? Hell I'd pay another $50 for the game if it had a few more levels included in it.

Don't forget that each level has 5 missions, too.

AND multiple Acts for each Sonic!

Mission, acts, it doesn't matter to me. It is afterall still the same level. I'd rather some more levels than missions, and frankly looking at the tropes they've chosen those extra levels are way more than needed.
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 2

Neg reps for opinion. Real mature guys.

Edited by Voyant
  • Thumbs Up 3

More like neg reps without understanding things from a developers point of view. Take notice that Sonic Generations has the same or more level count than past HD titles and is even prettier than Unleashed. (Hell it has more levels than Sonic Colors). Also seeing Stardust Speed way for a Metal Sonic Rival boss fight means that bosses will be their own different level environments instead of just copypata from whatever level and throwing a boss fight in. I didn't expect them to do that. So the Death Egg Boss fight will be its own different enviorent. Shadow's fight will be Final Rush looking, ECT. Point is this was never a fucking problem till now and the worst part is that you have no idea how much effort it takes to make these environments in such a short time frame.That and the fact that its actually 10$ less than a regular game at launch. Blissful ignorance...got to love it.

Attempt at being haughty, gotta love it.

It looks nice and it's HD, but how much can looking nice take you? Would you settle for just GHZ in "glorious" HD if that was all that was the game? There is a line people will draw for amount of levels and you're just calling me out for having an opinion on what that line should be drawn at. I say for the big 20th anniversary game 9 levels really doesn't cut it. For the repeated tropes and what I consider small amount of levels I can't say that the HD tag is that appealing to me.

Remember long time ago when I said that you should probably look out game development and see what it takes to make games to get a better understanding of thing? You didn't do that didn't you...?

What exactly is ridiculous about it?

Thinking that SEGA might have some integrity and not have leaked the thing by accident? I thought they'd be a little smarter than to let so much leak from a demo, and as such had a slight hope that the levels leaked were more of a teaser of more things to come. Get off you high horse.

Your talking about the same company that entirely leaked Sonic 4 a bit before it was released, despite that though I believe its entirely plasuble as a marketing ploy. The level list would have been a sensitive subject regardless of choice in Levels. You knock out the worst part all we can do is look up now. I would do something like that and other companies have as well. Get off yours...I pretty well grounded thank you very much...your not even on a horse you like floating in Space.

I was using MvC3 as an example of why I hate DLC, because game developers can be lazy and rely on releasing DLC to make the game feel more whole but essentially the "main" game isn't really a full game, and the fact that some people will never have the chance to get DLC so therefore a "full" game isn't available to them.

However you missed the point....wait sorry...gotta add your usual caustic patronism to this...however you completely missed the point as usual :rolleyes: and are calling me out for comparing MvC3 a fighting game to a fully developed Sonic game. Yep that's totally what I meant. Well done sir.

So your calling out Sonic Team for being lazy and rushing a completely fully developed game that has 9 levels?

Wait a second....

Sonic 06 also had 9 levels and was a complete and utter catastrophe which was rushed by SEGA for simply just sales. Now you liked 2006 despite its large amount of shittyness. Now we have Generations that is probably superior to 2006 in almost every way and still has similar level count for all we know right now. We are getting a shit ton of content in this game compared to 06 and obviously has much more effort put into Generations than 2006.

See where I'm going with this?

You know 2006 also has DLC right...I guess its not a completed game then so I don't know why you like it so much.

And don't get me started on Capcom they are being ass hats lately in the way they are handling thier games. At least Sonic Team give somewhat of a fuck about their franchises. They actually dare releasing the same game with some more characters A YEAR LATER! And actually expect me to buy it? Hahaha...they were better off selling that as DLC for like 10 bucks or something. The situation in Generations is different because at least Generations has intent on being a fully developed TITLE before releasing DLC.

I hardly call 3 years "rushed to shit" but whatever. Nintendo could've pumped out a well made Zelda game in that time.

Did you just compare Nintendo development Team to Sonic Team? You are joking right?

I liked '06.

If you liked that garbage than I don't see what your problem is...backwards standards?

Edited by Voyant
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Your talking about the same company that entirely leaked Sonic 4 a bit before it was released, despite that though I believe its entirely plasuble as a marketing ploy. The level list would have been a sensitive subject regardless of choice in Levels. You knock out the worst part all we can do is look up now. I would do something like that and other companies have as well. Get off yours...I pretty well grounded thank you very much...your not even on a horse you like floating in Space.

No. That leak wasn't SEGA's fault. It was because of PartnerNET.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mission, acts, it doesn't matter to me. It is afterall still the same level. I'd rather some more levels than missions, and frankly looking at the tropes they've chosen those extra levels are way more than needed.

You never know exactly. If it turns out that Metal Sonic is actually part of Chemical Plant as a Boss in an altered Area resembling Stardust with the same sky of GenCPZ, the other missions/acts might be nods to other zones as well,that fit within that trope the stage is presenting. The Stages might be just the overall themes of the game, than just the Levels. Hell Time Eater might be a couple more nods to Levels, you never know. The Game has been in longer decelopment than any other Sonic game,with an Engine already Finished...they said they are gonna represent the whole 20 Years of Sonic...I'm sure they are gonna be clever with it. A good overall,varied Visual presentation of the Theme of each game has never been a problem with Sonic. Why would it be now?

And were gettin 8 CGI cutscenes. woot.

Edited by ChikaBoing
  • Thumbs Up 1

Remember long time ago when I said that you should probably look out game development and see what it takes to make games to get a better understanding of thing? You didn't do that didn't you...?

Remember when I replied that I have no intention of getting intimately familiar with the nitty and gritty of game design because I have frankly better things to do? You don't do you?

Also considering most gamers don't have extensive game making knowledge I hardly consider not being a bonified professor on the subject as grounds for "oh your opinions don't count then" seeing as this classifies a great deal of people who are just gonna play this game for the game and take it at face value, that is; a game with a small amount of levels.

Judging by Sonic 4 altogether, I'd hardly consider SEGA even cared all that much for it anyway. Again DLC, something I care little about and frankly if it got leaked eh *shrugs shoulders*

This is a FULL game, on HD consoles, that has been in development for 3 years and for Sonic's 20th. I'd make some subtle patronising pseudo insult comment about the absurdity of claiming the two are comparable, but I'm not you.

Hahaha. Do you even know what that phrase means? I'm not saying you're not grounded in reality, I'm stating you think you're all that. Mr. High and Mighty who can talk down to others because your opinion is God's decree.

Oh and if you knew me calling me positioned on a horse in outer space is actually a rather nice compliment! :lol: I'll joust with you anytime!

So your calling out Sonic Team for being lazy and rushing a completely fully developed game that has 9 levels?

Wait a second....

Sonic 06 also had 9 levels and was a complete and utter catastrophe which was rushed by SEGA for simply just sales. Now you liked 2006 despite its large amount of shittyness. Now we have Generations that is probably superior to 2006 in almost every way and still has similar level count for all we know right now. We are getting a shit ton of content in this game compared to 06 and obviously has much more effort put into Generations than 2006.

See where I'm going with this?

I never called Sonic Team lazy, but thanks for puting words in my mouth Mr Ventriloquist. I said DLC can, can, make a developer feel more at ease to underperform when they always have DLC to fall back on if a game doesn't feel as padded as it should.

The difference with '06 and Generations you see is that Generations is representing 20 years worth of Sonic games, that's basically it's whole premise, and 9 levels doesn't begin to do that justice no matter how hard you argue it.

And at least '06 managed to cover a great deal of tropes, at least a great deal more than Generations is gonna cover, so to me that kinda feels more "fuller" in a way.

Also Generations won't be superior to '06 in the drama or glitch department, so there. :P

You know 2006 also has DLC right...I guess its not a completed game then so I don't know why you like it so much.

As limited as my knowledge is on '06's DLC I'm pretty sure the stuff they added was Amigo packages which let you play more of the levels as the assisting characters right? Either/and that or little extra missions located solely in pre-existing levels of the game.

In other words DLC that is pretty much meaningless other than to people looking for getting a little more out of the game or completionists (of which I am, but I still don't view DLC as real content so my 100% completion all A or S ranks is good enough for me) and in that sense DLC for '06 doesn't really add anything to the game.

But for instance if they were to add a WHOLE level to Generations as DLC, yeah that's a pretty big thing. I'd be wondering to myself why this couldn't have been in the game, moreso if it represented a trope that is obviously missing from Generations line up.

The DLC stuff from '06 is how the DLC stuff for Generations should be (if they even should have any), ie: little added extra missions contained within the levels we've already played, so ya know, the stuff they're putting into Generations to pad it out when really that could all be used for another few levels.

Put a few more levels in and if you must retread old ground have the amigo type co-ops and missions in GHZ again as DLC for Generations.

And don't get me started on Capcom they are being ass hats lately in the way they are handling thier games. At least Sonic Team give somewhat of a fuck about their franchises. They actually dare releasing the same game with some more characters A YEAR LATER! And actually expect me to buy it? Hahaha...they were better off selling that as DLC for like 10 bucks or something. The situation in Generations is different because at least Generations has intent on being a fully developed TITLE before releasing DLC.

I'll still buy it.

I'd much rather a proper release disc that I have to pay for again than DLC.

I'm no Capcom fan but I'm pretty sure you're paying them out much in the same fashion you're chastising me for calling Sonic Team "lazy". Pretty sure Capcom do give a damn about their franchises, they're just doing exactly what I said developers do now that DLC has become the norm way of doing things. They release a game, the third in a title series with a severly lacking character roster compared to the second, some fans bitch, most fans say "don't worry, DLC!", so Capcom don't receive the needed backlash they should get, then because DLC has made everyone weak Capcom come out with another full priced edition of the game with the bigger character list it should've had and people are forced to either buy it or bitch about it........but more than likely buy it.

In a world without DLC once that small character list was revealed fans would've been in an uproar about it and that would possibly have been a swaying factor in the developers decisions, but DLC makes people complacent and then this shit happens.

Did you just compare Nintendo development Team to Sonic Team? You are joking right?

More that I would like to think SEGA would build a bigger team/put on hold other games and utilise their people in lieu of creating something appropriately BIG for Sonic's 20th. I mean get everybody on board for this and really give it a boost.

What SEGA games are there being made at the moment that are of any real significance? None I can think of. I mean they were making, now made, the Captain America game. While I love Marvel and all, just looking at the feedback their fans have for SEGA after their first few attempts with the Ironman and Thor games makes me wonder why they even bothered. Apparently those games were horrible and the Marvel fans hate them and SEGA with a passion.

Why pick up something like that when they could consolidate their teams and really put them to good use on THE game of the decades.

I know Sonic Team/SEGA are no Nintendo, but that doesn't mean they can't try to have a bigger team.

If you liked that garbage than I don't see what your problem is...backwards standards?

And we reach the impass.

I like '06, my opinion is invalid to you.

I know you like Unleashed, your opinion is invalid to me.

Have a nice day.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 2

...I don't think anyone acknowledges how hard it is to make all these levels. It has taken them 2 and a half (almost 3 years) to make 9 levels for crying out loud, that itself shows you how hard it is to craft these levels. If it was a piece of cake to make these levels, SEGA would have given us 20 if they wanted to...but it's not. They are human and they get tired and they have deadlines to meet.

All of us are asking for WAY TOO MUCH from SEGA with Sonic Generations and I think we should cut them some slack...they've done an awesome job already. Besides, this game has TONS of replay value by the looks of it and that is more important in my opinion.

If people want more levels that badly, they should just tell SEGA to release this game on Sonic's 21st Anniversary.

Edited by KrazyBean14
  • Thumbs Up 1

At 1:49 she said "They have taken 9 of the best environments" This confirms that the leaks are 100% true and we wouldn't be seeing any more levels...

I recall that very same woman being interviewed by Gamereactor, I think. She was talking about how Generations 3DS will have 7 Zones, and 9 zones for the HD consoles. I may be wrong.

I recall that very same woman being interviewed by Gamereactor, I think. She was talking about how Generations 3DS will have 7 Zones, and 9 zones for the HD consoles. I may be wrong.

No you're right

Remember when I replied that I have no intention of getting intimately familiar with the nitty and gritty of game design because I have frankly better things to do? You don't do you?

Also considering most gamers don't have extensive game making knowledge I hardly consider not being a bonified professor on the subject as grounds for "oh your opinions don't count then" seeing as this classifies a great deal of people who are just gonna play this game for the game and take it at face value, that is; a game with a small amount of levels.

Judging by Sonic 4 altogether, I'd hardly consider SEGA even cared all that much for it anyway. Again DLC, something I care little about and frankly if it got leaked eh *shrugs shoulders*

This is a FULL game, on HD consoles, that has been in development for 3 years and for Sonic's 20th. I'd make some subtle patronising pseudo insult comment about the absurdity of claiming the two are comparable, but I'm not you.

Edited by Voyant
  • Thumbs Up 3