Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

The amount of hand cramps I got on my 3DS XL when playing the demo was inconceivable, and I was only fighting that giant snow rabbit thing, but the camera pissed me off the most, it's also inverted on the touch screen so when you want to pan left, you naturally click left on the touch pad, but then it pans right! asdfghjkl yeah it's totally cumbersome, and I think the small screens add to it, to me MH is a series that has to be played on a nice big TV to truly appreciate it and to keep up in combat, can't beat holding a nice comfortable game controller too to eliminate hand cramps :P  

So... when can we expect the first major system update to be available for download?

I still haven't been able to do the first update. Every time I try it says there's an error. Is it on any games yet?

Like I said I'm not the biggest MH fan but I will advocate it for giving my brother and his friends so much fun, all of them are pretty avid gamers so it can't be bad.

I will also say that from experience and the opinion of pretty much every MH fan I've ever spoken to, the demos are awful. Whether this is because they don't let you get attached to your own customizability or give you a vision of the scale you can expect I'm not sure, but if you hated the demo for [insert MH game here] then you should prolly still give the full game a real try if you ever get the chance to.

Also yeah MH isn't too suited for portables. It works in Japan because they're used to holding the machine in that way (thumb on d-pad, index finger on analogue, it's uncomfortable) and because they love it being portable. However that's the reason MH3 was brought to WiiU in the first place, because the western audience prefers the home console experience with this series despite Japan not particularly caring for it. They may well bring MH4 to a home console for the western release of it too.

It works very well with the CPP though.

SO what's goin on in the land of Wii U this month.

Well. We'll hopefully get that OS update. Another 30th Anniversary VC deal.

Uhh. Maybe Pikmin 3/Wonderful 101 will get a surprise release date and come out? :( I really don't know what's going on this month.

Any idea if the update will fix load times for games as well as the Wii U's own menu? The sheer amount of waiting around in Lego City is ridiculous...

...Well, at least the loading music is pretty funky. I get so bored waiting for it to load, I start dancing to the music. Genuinely. It is a sight to behold. Not a pleasant sight, but one to behold never-the-less.

I've hit a snag with the Wii U, it was probably one of the worst impulse buy decisions i've ever made in my life, I got it cheap and everything...But there are absolutely no games that honestly cater for me, the only thing that's making me hold onto it is the thought of Nintendo's future IP releases, otherwise I'm strongly considering selling it and picking it up next year again when something worth buying comes along *shrug*

Now this is what I don't get. Why even bother selling something if you're just going to buy it back later when more games come? I can't really wrap my head around it, I think my brain might be busted.

• Thumbs Up 3

Now this is what I don't get. Why even bother selling something if you're just going to buy it back later when more games come? I can't really wrap my head around it, I think my brain might be busted.

That's normally the way things play out when you do sell them to take advantage of other things and deals at the time, I've lost count how many times I've traded in an older console for a newer one, then bought the older console back later for cheaper.

You don't really end up saving any money, though.  To me, it just seems like a bout of impatience. :\

What would you even trade it in for? The PS4 or Durango will be in the exact same position Wii U is now, then will you trade them in to buy your Wii U back? Vicious cycle. VICIOUS CYCLE.

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph
  • Thumbs Up 1

You don't really end up saving any money, though.  To me, it just seems like a bout of impatience. :\

What would you even trade it in for? The PS4 or Durango will be in the exact same position Wii U is now, then will you trade them in to buy your Wii U back? Vicious cycle. VICIOUS CYCLE.

I'm not bothering with the next gen consoles for a while yet, but I could sell it on to a few friends who are after one if I was short on cash, I just kind of feel meh since it's sitting there, collecting dust and reminding me how much of a failed impulsive decision it was to pick it up day one.

I've kinda felt like that's what Nintendo have been as of late, the 3DS has only really started to shine now, and the Wii U is just barely keeping it's head above water until they get some more games out, just sucks, I know I didn't pay much for it in the first place, but it's just one of those things that get to me. :/

Patience, young grasshopper. It can be tough, but that's just how it goes with a console launch. I've actually managed to keep myself surprisingly entertained with mine, perhaps due to the godsend that is backwards compatibility so I can always play a Wii favorite if I can't think of anything else to do with (it's also my Netflix machine).

Patience isn't my strong suit, but you're right, I was clinging onto it for the future titles Nintendo teased, I'd probably use it as my Wii too, but I still use the original white Wii haha... Oh well.

The one thing I've loved doing is drawing in the Miiverse communities. It's really cool and the gamepad is surprisingly ideal for it.

I'm honestly so sick of the people writing off the wii u. I just feel that it's more unique than the PS4. I really like the controller, and while it's rather weak compared to the PS4, graphics don't matter to me.

It's irritating and everyone is doing it. Honestly, I feel people are being too pessimistic. :'(

I was thinking earlier, why don't SEGA port Bayonetta to Wii U? With Bayonetta 2 being published by Nintendo exclusively on that platform, SEGA's got a chance to make some easy money off of it. And then I remembered Bayonetta on PS3 also happened, and that got me worried. 

As far as consoles gathering dust goes, my 360 has gathered more dust towards the end of the gen than my Wii did towards the beginning, so that's a thing. It's crazy how much things can turn around, I haven't used my 360 in like a year or more (will prolly get Battleblock Theatre soonish tho)

I guess dust gathering is an inevitability sometimes and it's hard to tell which consoles will suffer from it til they do.

I was thinking earlier, why don't SEGA port Bayonetta to Wii U? With Bayonetta 2 being published by Nintendo exclusively on that platform, SEGA's got a chance to make some easy money off of it. And then I remembered Bayonetta on PS3 also happened, and that got me worried. 

SEGA aren't one for smart decisions. I remember them saying recently that Bayonetta would not be coming to WiiU.

I've had mine nearly 2 months now and I don't think I've really played it outside of the first week I owned it. There is just nothing to play on it, I'm starting to wonder if Nintendo did just ship it early for the sake of having it out in time for the holidays because they must have known this would happen.

I honestly don't think I'm going to pick up a Wii U until Smash comes out. That's literally the only game I'll buy an entire console for.

Unless they did Luigi's Mansion HD. Doubtful, but seriously, that game with LM2's animation style...HNNNGH. There's a point actually, that would have been a really good game to throw out on the VC to kick off the Gamecube VC support (unless it's started already? I'm completely out of the loop) and promote LM2.