Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

The AC Adapter cord is like 8 feet long.

I don't mean inconvenient in terms of length. As a multi-format owner, my outlets are already filled, and that's with an extension attached.

I pre-ordered the Wii U from Toys R Us, so that's a bit worrying. However, I received the email confirming that the store I ordered it from should have it tomorrow, and I haven't gotten any email about a delay yet. Hopefully that means my TRU will have it tomorrow as planned.

If you per-ordered a Wii-U from Toys R'Us, you may not get your Wii-U tomorrow...

http://www.polygon.c...-may-be-delayed

Having preordered from my local TRU, I called the store to see if they would have my Wii U in for pick up tomorrow (they're not doing a midnight release) and the manager assured me that it's in. Hopefully, he's right, as I can't wait to play it.

In about 51 minutes in Eastern Standard Time, the EIGHTH generation of home console video gaming is officially starting.

...Good ol' days on my GameCube.

Edited by Felix

Having preordered from my local TRU, I called the store to see if they would have my Wii U in for pick up tomorrow (they're not doing a midnight release) and the manager assured me that it's in. Hopefully, he's right, as I can't wait to play it.

I called mine as well, the guy who picked up assured me they will be there. I even mentioned the delay in other stores, and he didn't seem to know what I was talking about, so I guess I'm good.

Store opens at 8 AM for me, so this is one of those nights I'm gonna have to make sure I'm extremely tired and fall asleep easily.

TOMORROW IS THE BEGINNING OF SOMETHING WII U-TIFUL.

Ok, great. Now where the hell is Smash Bros?

Is it bad that....that is the main reason why I'm waiting to buy one?

Nintendo World here in NYC was so damn crowded, but it was worth it. So glad I live pretty close to this store.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to playing this console in a little while.

Oh boy, I can't wait to plug in my Wii-U and start playi-

A6pUY.jpg

GOD DAMN IT

You're lucky you even managed to get the thing.

We just got screwed over big time.

I know the feeling Wraith.

What happened? Edited by canderson

• Thumbs Up 1

207557_413324938735385_421961795_n.jpg

The expression on Regies face, the fact the box looks like it's already photoshoped in... you know this image is gonna be exploited! =p

I decided to go look for any video of the Wii-U launch night. Every so often I click on a video and see this comment.

"My local Wal-Mart only had 8 Wii-U's in stock!"

Does anyone know if theres any truth to that?

I decided to go look for any video of the Wii-U launch night. Every so often I click on a video and see this comment.

"My local Wal-Mart only had 8 Wii-U's in stock!"

Does anyone know if theres any truth to that?

Pre-orders sold out everywhere in the US, so shortages for the on-the-day stock were to be expected.

No, it's what he said. The Batted Man kicked Doctor Octopus in the head. Nintendo says that's violent content and it has to be removed.

Edited by Ming Ming Shana

Hey ho kids of the parish, since all the WiiU FAQs have been too vague and unhelpful up til now I'd like to ask for help here since some of you guys might have a WiiU.

Does anyone know if you can transfer data from more than one Wii to the WiiU? Annoyingly I have two Wiis, both with different VC games and stuff on em. Ideally I'd like to have it all in one place so I don't have to keep switching consoles, does anyone know if data from both my Wiis will be able to be transferred onto and merged on the WiiU?

Considering lolNintendo I wouldn't be surprised if this didn't work but plEASE.