Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

Am I the only one who doesn't care? Not like I pay much attention to Miiverse anyway.

It's £300. When I pay that much for a console, I expect to get my moneys worth.

Nintendo are basing the system around the social feature right now, and it's the first thing you see when you turn it on.

So does this console only support HDMI, or does i have a Multi-AV out port?

My deluxe only came with HDMI, but I'm pretty sure there is a plug in the back so that you can use your Wii AV cable.

• Thumbs Up 1

Both versions come with an HDMI cable. And honestly I like the Mii Verse community. If I wanna see vulgar and people talking about a penis or whatever... ill put my mic on my 360 or ps3. Theres enough rude and annoying people on that XD.

I already knew it came with an HDMI cable, I was asking if the system had a Multi-AV out port, not cable.

Well that's good.

My brother-in-law bought the Wii U today (apparently stores here got more stock today). The update took less than an hour and he got the deluxe version that came with Nintendoland.

It was actually fun! But I'll wait till more games come out (that I'm actually interested in) to buy it.

I finally got mine today (Deluxe). From Saturday till Today has been one weird/fun adventure attempting to get it :U

Wii U: 24 UK launch games confirmed

• Funky Barn
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
  • Skylanders Giants
  • Transformers Prime
  • Disney Epic Mickey 2. The Power Of Two
  • FIFA 13
  • Mass Effect 3: Special Edition
  • Ben 10: Omniverse
  • Family Party: 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade
  • Tank! Tank! Tank!
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2
  • Nintendo Land
  • New Super Mario Bros. U
  • Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
  • Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
  • Darksiders 2
  • Assassin's Creed 3
  • Just Dance 4
  • Rabbids Land
  • Sports Connection
  • Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013
  • ZombiU
  • Batman: Arkham City Armoured Edition
  • Game Party Champions

http://www.computera...ames-confirmed/

Just New Super Mario Bros U and Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed for me it is, then. And Nintendo Land as part of the deluxe set, of course.

• Thumbs Up 2

I guess Scribblenauts is a hefty localisation job considering all those words.

I'm happy though, I think NintendoLand, Mario, ASRT and ZombiU will make a very well-rounded little set of launch games for me.

Right. This is where parental controls are needed to the nth degree. Nintendo wants to be anal as all sin in regards to the MiiVerse. You know what? That's fine. Let them be. For the fucking children. Anyone else playing should be allowed to do as they please. The initial Wii U boot should ask about parental controls with an explanation about the Miiverse and unsuitable content upfront. And to add to that, there should be some sort of hard to miss warning on the box, advising parents to set up the system before allowing their children to use it. Or something else to the same effect. There's no way in hell that the Miiverse is going to become the gamer's Facebook like this.

The other alternative is them not being anal. But this is Nintendo...

Its not a good way to bring back "maturer" or "hardcore" gamers because it makes them feel like the way is too family friendly. sleep.png

Aaaaaaaand it's just got a whole lot worse for us European gamers.

Scribblenauts Unlimited not hitting Europe until an unspecified date in 2013

Heavily blows for me since I had no other launch titles pre-ordered apart from NSMBU. I suppose I'll settle for ZombiU as well, but I have a feeling I'm too late pre-ordering it considering how popular it is on listings.

However a lot of my favourite franchises are Nintendo-only, and it looks to be a console that will take over the next generation. I guess I don't really have much of a choice.

Hold your horses Microsoft and Sony have yet to reveal their Next Generation Consoles. You don't have to buy it because it is the latest thing, most people on here seem to buying or ordering one because they really dig Nintendo.smile.png

Hold your horses Microsoft and Sony have yet to reveal their Next Generation Consoles..

Nintendo winning is the popular prediction at the moment, though I have my doubts, what with the Xbox proabbly having kinect built in and becoming all digital.

Got a few minutes (and I mean literally a few minutes) with the Wii U in one of my local GAME stores about an hour ago before my impatient wife dragged me away. Got to play the Rayman Legends demo and enjoyed my short time with it. The GamePad felt comfortable to hold and I adapted to the controls instantly. The graphics were stunning on the TV, but I couldn't tell on the GamePad because GAME had left a protective sheet of plastic over the GamePad to stop people getting it dirty and scratching the screen. The touch screen was still pretty responsive even with the plastic on it, though.

Overall, from my few minutes with it, I'm impressed and can't wait to get my own system. I've found some old Birthday money I had forgotten about that I'm going to put towards it if I do get it next week.

Nintendo winning is the popular prediction at the moment, though I have my doubts, what with the Xbox proabbly having kinect built in and becoming all digital.

That's because it doesn't have any competition nor have Sony and Microsoft unveiled anything yet, plus some developers have criticized its CPU.

I doubt Microsoft will go all Digital it would have to have a pretty big hard drive to pull that off anyway.smile.png

I've been wondering whether or not to get Scribblenauts.. it's a shame about the delay but I'm not too bothered.

The reviews haven't been great? Also I've been wondering if the 3DS or WiiU version is better.

By the way, if anyone is going to their local GAME to try out the Wii U, all they have is Rayman Legends. The other 21 games on there only have a video option.