Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

If I wish hard enough will they un-delay Rayman Legends

That's by far my most anticipated WiiU game, if NSMBU is the reason it was delayed I am mad at it.

And when I get NSMBU I will beat up Mario as my Mii to take out my frustrations.

• Thumbs Up 1

And just like every console and handheld launch, someone has microwaved a Wii U.

http://www.gonintend...story&id=191196

Can I just say what a bellend seriously he could of wait a few months before destroying one seeing as people have pre-ordered one and still haven't got theirs. Its more insulting that he is selling it for more than a thousand dollars on eBay, burned!

What a penis! dry.png

Edited by BW199148

Pretty sure he microwaved another system and got a HUGE sum of money for it...

so yeah, it'll sell.

• Thumbs Up 2

Can I just say what a bellend seriously he could of wait a few months before destroying one seeing as people have pre-ordered one and still haven't got theirs. Its more insulting that he is selling it for more than a thousand dollars on eBay, burned!

What a penis! dry.png

It's definitely troll bait, going by the Youtube comments.

It's definitely troll bait, going by the Youtube comments.

No I honestly think the guy thinks it is art to microwave shit. Probably a causality of LSD.

...what.

Your not British, so shoo.... tongue.png

Edited by BW199148
  • Thumbs Up 1

Was at the Metro Center (Shopping Mall) And they had a huge tour sort of thing set up in the middle. They did it for the 3DS too. So, I finally got some time with the Wii U. I have to say... I love it. Shame I have to wait until Christmas to play mine. Though I did get a leaflet, not as exciting, but still.

Was at the Metro Center (Shopping Mall) And they had a huge tour sort of thing set up in the middle. They did it for the 3DS too. So, I finally got some time with the Wii U. I have to say... I love it. Shame I have to wait until Christmas to play mine. Though I did get a leaflet, not as exciting, but still.

Scan that thing, man, SCAN IT NOW! :P

Whaaaat transferring from the Wii can only be done all at once AND it deletes it? So basically I have to choose between risking my save data on an older console that may one day fail... or I am forced to play Smash Bros Brawl with a Classic Controller forever.

Laaaaaaaaaaaame.

EDIT: This also contradicts that earlier stuff about how certain things (online game save data/certain titles such as Lost Winds etc) cannot be transferred.

Edited by JezMM

Whaaaat transferring from the Wii can only be done all at once AND it deletes it? So basically I have to choose between risking my save data on an older console that may one day fail... or I am forced to play Smash Bros Brawl with a Classic Controller forever.

Laaaaaaaaaaaame.

I'm gonna be starting a new save file on Brawl for Wii play (and hacking, hehehehehe)

By the way, that FAQ practically confirmed a WiiU Virtual Console service is on the way and that it will work with the Gamepad.

Who wants to bet they'll make us pay for games we already have on Wii VC lmao.

(no don't laugh that isn't funny it's highway robbery)

• Thumbs Up 1

Laaaaaaaaaaaame.

As much as I don't like the idea that it's pretty much all or nothing, I think it's best that you transfer everything to the WiiU rather than keeping it on the Wii.

The Classic Controller isn't too bad. =)

Scan that thing, man, SCAN IT NOW! tongue.png

For all the times for the scanner to go shitty...

I have some photos though.

mwStf.jpg

9ZcuP.jpg

Rk0LY.jpg

del7R.jpg

0UAUD.jpg

No new news, really.

• Thumbs Up 2

I popped by the Currys Digital today to see if I could get any pricing info from them, since the staff at the big Currys PC World I've pre-ordered at couldn't answer, but no help there either :-/ The woman there thought I was talking about the Wii at first, which shows just what a problem Nintendo have on their hands with the name. She asked a couple of other guys working there, but they didn't know either :-/

For all the times for the scanner to go shitty...

I have some photos though.

*Photos*

No new news, really.

Thanks for the photos :)

I popped by the Currys Digital today to see if I could get any pricing info from them, since the staff at the big Currys PC World I've pre-ordered at couldn't answer, but no help there either :-/ The woman there thought I was talking about the Wii at first, which shows just what a problem Nintendo have on their hands with the name. She asked a couple of other guys working there, but they didn't know either :-/

Thanks for the photos smile.png

No problem. I'm regretting not taking any of the booth thing they had set up there though. I'm going there again on Saturday. If Nintendo is still there, I'll take some photos of the booth.

From Nintendo's UK FAQ

Does the Wii U Basic Pack have enough available storage for the download version of packaged software?

Games available to download from Nintendo eShop require different amounts of storage. For example, New Super Mario Bros. U requires approximately 2.2GB of available space, so can be downloaded to a Wii U Basic Pack. However, Nintendo Land requires 3.8GB of space, so cannot be downloaded to a Basic Pack system. Yeah, like one game and that's it. lol if you bought this you made a big mistake.

They even go as far to specify that the Basic pack only has about 3GB usable storage in another question. What's the point in this pack again?

Edited by Blue Blood

EDIT: This also contradicts that earlier stuff about how certain things (online game save data/certain titles such as Lost Winds etc) cannot be transferred.

...Not really. I've had several titles that couldn't be transferred and Lost Winds is one of them.

@BB - The basic is probably for people that want to spend more money... I mean seriously.

Nintendo Land + Basic = $360

Deluxe (Includes NL, Charging Cradle, Wii U/Gamepad Stand, and 10% cash back on all Digital purchases = $350

Oh.. I forgot that the Deluxe contains 4x more usable memory too. :/

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 1

They even go as far to specify that the Basic pack only has about 3GB usable storage in another question. What's the point in this pack again?

For casuals who weren't intending on ever downloading much.

I thought this much was obvious since the start. The new Xbox 360 S also offers incredibly scaled down models with 4GB memory, don't see why Nintendo can't rake in some quick bucks on this.

That said I can easily see Nintendo doing like the 360 did and cut out the original minor models considering the higher popularity of the better models. Nintendo were probably expecting the Basic model to be more popular due to their casual base.

• Thumbs Up 3

As much as I don't like the idea that it's pretty much all or nothing, I think it's best that you transfer everything to the WiiU rather than keeping it on the Wii.

The Classic Controller isn't too bad. =)

I reallllly have Smash Bros ingrained into my mind with the GameCube controller though. I really dislike the classic controller because of it's Playstation-esque control stick positioning. If we can use the Pro Controller as a Classic Controller on Wii games then that might be okay, but considering how absoloutely nothing Wii U-related seems to be compatible with Wii software, I'm guessing not.

Oh and even then Pro controller isn't that good a Gamecube alternative since they non-sensically switched the buttons and second control stick around.

Seriously how is that beneficial in any way other than so it doesn't look exactly like a 360 controller?

Edited by JezMM

See, I do understand that but even Nintendo is trying to push digital distribution of games, add-on content and apps. And it's not exactly like 32GB is large either. A model that is in reality only 3GB sounds to me like it's even too small for the super casual crowd.

To be fair by the time the average casual player has reached the 3 GB limit I imagine we'll have partially Wii U branded "officially unofficial" external hard drives being sold in shops (much like they did with SD cards around the time they allowed for launching software from SD card on the Wii) for confused casuals to be pointed towards by game store staff and Nintendo will make a few further solid bucks off them.

• Thumbs Up 2

Forgot to mentioned that the GAME store I went in earlier also had those 'wave 2' notices up that Doctor MK mentioned. Looks like it's selling as well in store as it is online.

I thought this much was obvious since the start. The new Xbox 360 S also offers incredibly scaled down models with 4GB memory, don't see why Nintendo can't rake in some quick bucks on this.

That said I can easily see Nintendo doing like the 360 did and cut out the original minor models considering the higher popularity of the better models. Nintendo were probably expecting the Basic model to be more popular due to their casual base.

The White Basic pack is the one that's currently selling out the most here in the UK so far.