Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

So last week Ted Price from Insomniac said that they had no plans for the Wii-U.

Just now EA have clarified his remarks.

"EA has NO games in development for the Wii-U" Company spokesman Jeff Brown told Kotaku in an interview that there are absolutely no games in development for it. Whilst he didn't rule out EA developing games for it at a later date, in terms of whats coming, theres... nothing.

This is the worst news to hit the Wii-U since last week.

Source.

They also said their 'unprecedented relationship' was just their overpriced inferior* ports of Mass Effect 3* and Most Wanted... what.

Edited by Autosaver

Look at the stars after inferior and Mass Effect 3. I quickly edited my post since I thought twice about it.

Then again, Most Wanted U suffered from constant crashes (no pun!), less players online, and absolutely no support for DLC. It's also still overpriced.

They also said their 'unprecedented relationship' was just their overpriced inferior* ports of Mass Effect 3* and Most Wanted... what.

Dude, the Wii U version of most wanted was the best version of the game..

Do you own both versions or just the Wii U one? I own the PS3 AND Wii U versions.

I immeditaely sold the Wii U version after playing with it for a while after the constant crashing (with/without patch) and online disconnections. The Wii U also doesn't feature analog trigger support so this makes driving not as tight as the 360/PS3 versions. The Beta Gamepad support also seems to be removed in favor of the somewhat useless god-mode (IMO - God mode just makes the game too easy) in the game. Online lobbies were restricted to less players too. DLC for the expansion map seems to be going nowhere. All for the $59.99 price while the other versions are cheaper? Ok..

And again, I was mostly referring to Mass Effect 3 (asterisks) but it sort of extends to Most Wanted U. I had troubles with the Wii U version and I just gave up on it. It's really not that fun to have the system freeze in the middle of the races or while roaming around the city. Left a sore in my mouth.

It does have the best graphics of any console version though. I guess that's a plus.

Edited by Autosaver

A thought crossed my mind when I was at school today: Maybe third parties are scared away at the moment partially because they aren't sure how strong the Wii U's security is?

That's exactly why they're scared. But as said several pages back by a couple users, it seems like the security could easily build up if 3rd parties release games. If 10 3rd parties release 2 games each, that's 20 additional games for the Wii U. Nintendo is soon about to release 1st party games so I'm hoping that sparks interest in the Wii U.

That sucks that EA isn't making any games at all for it right now. I really don't know what they and other third parties expected from a console's initial launch. Maybe they thought Nintendo would have a better launch plan for first party titles? Third parties need to take risks and release games in at least its opening year so that people will buy the system and the games for it, otherwise of course the console isn't going to make any attractive numbers to warrant further software development. :-/

EA isn't the type to take risks, so we'll have to hope on the other companies. I mean, EA hasn't even jumped on the 3DS yet, and they barely did anything for the DS. Like, Henry Hatsworth is all I can remember (amazing game).

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph

EA isn't the type to take risks, so we'll have to hope on the other companies. I mean, EA hasn't even jumped on the 3DS yet, and they barely did anything for the DS. Like, Henry Hatsworth is all I can remember (amazing game).

MySims.

I bought the Wii version and my wife got the DS version. Both sucked major balls

:P

No. I meant security. As in, is the system software secure. The Wii was pretty much the least secure system ever made; even moreso than the PSP I'd argue, so are publishers afraid to commit because of that?

No. I meant security. As in, is the system software secure. The Wii was pretty much the least secure system ever made; even moreso than the PSP I'd argue, so are publishers afraid to commit because of that?

Oh, I've never seen anyone bring up the Wii U security issue before. Interesting point but I don't really think it's a problem here.

Oh, I've never seen anyone bring up the Wii U security issue before. Interesting point but I don't really think it's a problem here.

Didn't someone already hacked the Wii U and the Avenger game was the first to be dumped? After the Wii was hacked I hardly met anyone that would actually buy the games, so if this starts being a problem so early in the Wii U's life and hardware sales don't pick up it might affect it in the future.

P.S. that is what we are talking about right guys? Guys?

Edit: Eww Tony Stark is right, "hack" sounds so 80s.

Edited by El Driver

That's what everyone and Sony thought about the PS3. But then that happened.

With that logic, no one would develop for anything ever. Though seriously, it probably has better security like the 3DS does.

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph

Play Wii U and 3DS games before they're released at Nintendo Unleashed tour
Nintendo Unleashed kicks of at the MCM Expo on 24 May
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/49618/play-wii-u-and-3ds-games-before-theyre-released-at-nintendo-unleashed-tour/

Really hope they drop by Merry Hill or Birmingham with the future dates.

Hey, 3D space harrier is on that list! which means that its coming to the west, well europe at least

Nintendo reiterates E3 plans - Mario Kart, Mario, Zelda and Smash on-hand

May 16, 2013 by RawmeatCowboy

Coming from Nintendo's NPD press release...

At the upcoming E3 trade show in June in Los Angeles, Nintendo expects to show attendees upcoming Wii U games from the Mario Kart™, Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.™ franchises.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=202811&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

Nice to have confirmation, can't wait to see what will become of Smash and Zelda.

5essbs.jpg

I am honestly surprised that we're seeing playable Smash this quickly. That partnership with Namco Bandai must really pay off.

5essbs.jpg

I am honestly surprised that we're seeing playable Smash this quickly. That partnership with Namco Bandai must really pay off.

It just says 'show' to attendees, so Smash could just be a video demonstration. I'm surprised they're showing it at all this year. If it's playable, I'll be very surprised. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Even if it's not playable, my pants will still be wet either way.

If Nintendo's learned anything at all from their original reveal of Brawl, they'll probably have an absolute stinger of a character reveal right at the end of their first trailer. That being said it's hard to imagine who they could reveal to match the same hype factor that Snake did, but I guess that's part of the fun, isn't it?

Is there anything to suggest the Zelda news will be a new reveal and not just more footage of the 3DS game we've already seen?