Tatsumaki

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Fact of the matter is their stuff didn't sell, most likely due to it being shit. I mean, FIFA 13 was FIFA 12 relabeled, that was it. What I find funny is that there is no way they thought that would sell. Not even EA can be run by people that arrogant.

Some discounts

New Super Mario Brothers U (A must have!!) is $39.99 at Amazon! It's a steal!

Lego City Undercover (Another great title - and it comes with a free LEGO) is also $39.99 at Amazon. I'd pick that up.

I think maybe after Retro's next game, they should either have Retro try that Football game again or at least get more employees and split them up

Honestly despite Retro's great talents, Miyamoto's intervention was pretty much entirely a good thing. The only three games they had going for the Gamecube that were originally in development for it was basically an RPG, Madden and a Twisted Metal ripoff. Retro might have changed since, but back then, original ideas weren't exactly something I'd have entrusted them to make. If they do make a new IP for the Wii U it better be under heavy supervision at least.

Well, there's always PES for Wii U...also, it's not the exact same genre, but Nintendo could use Sega's partnership and ask them to do a Wii U version of Football Manager alongside the PC one (They can give some help too if they need more people) That's one of Sega's best sellers, especially in Europe

Fact of the matter is their stuff didn't sell, most likely due to it being shit. I mean, FIFA 13 was FIFA 12 relabeled, that was it. What I find funny is that there is no way they thought that would sell. Not even EA can be run by people that arrogant.

It's FIFA Soccer 12 with tweaks, not relabeled. I don't recall FIFA Soccer 12 (PC/PS3/360) with Gamepad support.

Well, there's always PES for Wii U...also, it's not the exact same genre, but Nintendo could use Sega's partnership and ask them to do a Wii U version of Football Manager alongside the PC one (They can give some help too if they need more people) That's one of Sega's best sellers, especially in Europe

Football Manager fans will always use the PC. They will not move to the Wii U if it's also coming out on PC. Which will piss off the Football Manager fans like it Lost World pissed Sonic PS/MS fans if exclusivity happens.

And since Football Manager is actually a great seller in Europe on PC, unless Nintendo backs them with cash Sega *will* lose money with making Football Manager exclusive. 

PES is not the same as FIFA Soccer. Most teams and stadiums in that game are not licensed. Like Chelsea Football Club will be called Lions Football Club. No stadiums like Stamford Bridge, Emirates Stadium and Anfield. They only English club licensed in the game is Manchester United (no surprise there). However, if you are a Spanish, Netherlands or French leagues fan you are covered with all their clubs and stadiums.

Edited by Ming Ming Suzy

That is pretty bad. Mind you, the ad does explain what the boy does with the GamePad. Not sure if the picture on it is correct as I don't have the game, though. And the console is there.

They also have a new advert style for 3DS games over here, though it's nice.

Edited by MarcelloF

PES is not the same as FIFA Soccer. Most teams and stadiums in that game are not licensed. Like Chelsea Football Club will be called Lions Football Club. No stadiums like Stamford Bridge, Emirates Stadium and Anfield. They only English club licensed in the game is Manchester United (no surprise there). However, if you are a Spanish, Netherlands or French leagues fan you are covered with all their clubs and stadiums.

Actually, with PES it's usually who they can license on a club by club basis. They had one year where only Chelsea and Arsenal were licensed, and another year where it was Liverpool and Newcastle, but yeah, I think Man United are one of the constants these days.

Nintendo really need to rethink their ad strategy for the Wii U. I mean, I don't think you can gain/lose too many sales from print ads anyway, because it's a console that you need to see or experience to get what it is. It's certainly not a console you can use social advertising for.

The other thing with these adverts which didn't occur to me before.

These were aparently found in two videogame magazines, not sure which ones. But I ask you, the adverts are aimed clearly at the parent market right? Well... do parents really buy videogame magazines to read themselves?

Why not? Depends on how old the kids are! :D

I was thinking earlier; many of the original Mario (and I guess Sonic!) fans must be in their late 20s or 30s by now, so they'd purchase these kinds of game for not just themselves but probably for their kids as well.

Or using the kids as an excuse to play games! XD

He'll be hired by SEGA right away.

Given Nintendo and SEGA's partnership, he/she might be working for SEGA already. They probably loaned him/her to Nintendo for these ads.

Is Nintendo doing all those road shows like they did with the Wii? I don't remember hearing anything about any. Seems odd that they wouldn't.

They are in the UK. I posted about it recently some pages back.

Nintendo Unleashed Tour Coming To 2013 MCM London Comic Con

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/05/nintendo_unleashed_tour_coming_to_2013_mcm_london_comic_con

Hope one of the future stops is Birmingham as usual. 

More EA bollocks.

FIFA 14 is Skipping Wii U Because of "Disappointing" FIFA 13 Sales

Not even the "award-winning HD gameplay" could save it

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/05/fifa_14_is_skipping_wii_u_because_of_disappointing_fifa_13_sales

Award winning in that they took Fifa 12, relabeled it, and left a ton of bugs at release? Excellent.