Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

I thought that, it did seem like a huge jump in disk space for a relatively small price increase

it's not even that, you also get Nintendo Land, a sensor bar, and a special premium deal where if you buy enough games in the eshop you get some eshop credit or something, and that's only on the premium model.

• Thumbs Up 1

Agreed. The basic pack is practically pointless. You don't get enough storage space to download much at all (only about 5GB after updates iirc), and you miss out on Nintendo Land which is actually worth playing. Even the premium one doesn't have much space, but yeah. Don't bother with the basic. There's a reason everyone is buying the premium over it.

Oh I know it's more than that, I just forgot the other stuff. I probably will get it secondhand anyway, unless I get tons for my birthday or Christmas. Here's hoping I can stop piggybacking someone else's Internet by then! XD

The black is much nicer than the white, also.

I wanted the White to be honest, but then I remembered how all the dirt shows up on my white Wii, especially on the rubber feet and thumsticks. Black is the better option.

Remember that EA guy who took to Twitter to insult the Wii U?

Despite posting regularly beforehand, he hasn't posted once since.

Eerie. Or maybe he's just in trouble.

Didn't he have his work information on his Twitter header?

That's gone too.

The black is much nicer than the white, also.

Indeed, although I wish that it wasn't so glossy and hard to keep clean.

Picking up my Wii U gamepad after a few weeks to play monster hunter and seeing how gross it had gotten was certainly an experience

• Thumbs Up 2

White one is not that bad of a deal actually, especially at the reduce price. Keep in mind there are people out there who could care less about the extra space and instead opt for an external HDD. NintendoLand also seems like a game some are not interested in.

Coming soon to Japan: 5 million trillion amazing Wii U colours and themed systems that will never come west.

Man, remember the spicy Gamecube and the Tales of Symphonia GameCube? Jesus they were pretty, and Jesus was I jealous.

I bought a white one because it's all they had, and I thought it was going to be another Wii fiasco where they would be sold out forever.

;-; Fucking life.

• Thumbs Up 1

There was a Tales of Symphonia Gamecube?

Was there an exclusive start-up noise that was just Lloyd bitching the entire time?

There was a Tales of Symphonia Gamecube?

Was there an exclusive start-up noise that was just Lloyd bitching the entire time?

gamecube-tales-of-symphonia-mint-green.j

Yeah when it starts up, instead of the Gamecube blocky music or the squeaky toy or w/e, it's got different clips of Lloyd saying "DESIANS" "SHUT UP GENIS" "MORON WHO DOESN'T REALISE HOW PATHETIC HE IS" "DESIANS" "DESIANS" "COLETTE" "COFFEE" "EXSPHERE"

• Thumbs Up 3

I bought a white one because it's all they had, and I thought it was going to be another Wii fiasco where they would be sold out forever.

;-; Fucking life.

I feel your pain, Wario.

We're in the same boat, man.

Deluxe sold out for a while.

At least you won't have to deal with the crazy holiday rush/black friday shopping.

Oh well, I probably won't be downloading much.  I may have been ripped off, but I can still play the games that matter.

You can use a external hard drive you know, not perfect but it does work

You can also use an SD Card if you have a USB SD Card reader.

I know Nintendo said you couldn't, but you can! It just needs to be via USB.

You know, Nintendo has been doing the right thing courting indies, and Xbox is now sending them their way XD

You know, Nintendo has been doing the right thing courting indies, and Xbox is now sending them their way XD

It's OK.. Real men don't play indie games. /s

I have a feeling that Sony will be the company that really reaps the rewards of MS' seeming indifference toward indie devs.

Nintendo might be able to benefit as well, if it makes a concerted effort to attract more than just the mobile indies, but otherwise it'll be Sony, whose PSN Store now matches XBLA and the XBL Store feature for feature (except for the paywall), which is likely to benefit the most here.