Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

Regardless of where they focus their competences, they still must be specifically tuned to work within each console's parameters and specifications, and games cannot be simply dumped into the devkit with the lower LOD meshes/textures/whatevers.

It requires a certain deal of customization and that takes effort, no matter how scalable the game engine is.

Nyko should make their own Pro Controller.. with analog triggers. I'd buy one.

Regardless of where they focus their competences, they still must be specifically tuned to work within each console's parameters and specifications, and games cannot be simply dumped into the devkit with the lower LOD meshes/textures/whatevers.

It requires a certain deal of customization and that takes effort, no matter how scalable the game engine is.

Oh, I'm not arguing that engines can't be sent over with no effort. Just that some are far easier to do than others. Frostbite 2 and 3 doesn't seem to be one of them, due to its complete reliance on CPU.

Nyko should make their own Pro Controller.. with analog triggers. I'd buy one.

But wouldn't that be pointless, since the games aren't built for analogue triggers?
  • Thumbs Up 1

But wouldn't that be pointless, since the games aren't built for analogue triggers?

Could help with GC on VC, haha.

But then again if that becomes real Nintendo will probably make their own controller for it.

The fact that Nintendo haven't accounted for the lack of analogue triggers leads me to believe that they have no current intention of putting Gamecube games on the VC anytime in the immediate future.

I recall there being an interview where they said they weren't going to do GC titles, or something.

I recall there being an interview where they said they weren't going to do GC titles, or something.

"Nintendo has also stated that GameCube games will be coming to the Wii U."

http://www.edge-online.com/news/nintendo-announces-wii-u-virtual-console-launch-lineup/

Are you sure you didn't read about the GC Disc support (PRE-Wii U Launch)? As far as I know, Nintendo representatives have said it will appear downloadable but nothing came from the main mouths.

The fact that Nintendo haven't accounted for the lack of analogue triggers leads me to believe that they have no current intention of putting Gamecube games on the VC anytime in the immediate future.

Eh. Not all games used them.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wanna know how they will do it, as they said they weren't sure if people had to re-pay for their GC games ( the ones that are DC anyway)

Also will WWHD be boxed or Download?

There has been no announcement regarding what form WW HD will take, but I'm expecting a retail release.

Which games didn't? Even the ones that didn't use the analog portion still used the second button function.

So does the Pro controller not have analogue triggers? Actually, I wasn't even aware of this feature with the GC controller until someone brought it up to me a few days ago. What games make use of it, and how is it used?

So does the Pro controller not have analogue triggers? Actually, I wasn't even aware of this feature with the GC controller until someone brought it up to me a few days ago. What games make use of it, and how is it used?

Off the top of my head, there is something like the True Crime games: Squeeze the trigger to get free aim with weapons, squeeze it all the way (pushing the second button) to lock on. Similar to the GTA IV on the PS360, but with much more feedback for when you transition between free targeting and lock.

I think Sunshine was very much the same as you just explained, Tornado. The U controllers, both the GamePad and Pro Controller, just have analogue buttons.

Pretty much all the games that people care about and would want from a VC used them.

But for the games that DID use them, could they be retooled to work differently? Most Wanted U for example used analog triggers on the other systems, but the Wii U version just had it slightly retooled to work without it.

I'm not sure but...I don't think Metroid Prime used them.

No matter how hard you pressed them down, you had either your lock/scan or firing/charge.

Wii U controller also has more buttons/inputs. If a game has two functions with the shoulder buttons, it could be split into two.

Unless the problems run deeper than I'm imagining them to be, I'm hoping Nintendo just tweaks them and it wouldn't be such a huge deal most of the time. Although it would have been better if they had the foresight to include analogue triggers on the pro controller. The Wii U VC is my only hope in being able to play some of these games.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not sure but...I don't think Metroid Prime used them.

No matter how hard you pressed them down, you had either your lock/scan or firing/charge.

Metroid Prime used them, but it was very subtle. When holding R to aim, if you held it down completely, you would activate a cursor on screen. If you only held it slightly, you could aim without the reticle appearing on screen.

I think I recall one of the functions being the water spray from Mario Sunshine. Didn't the water fire out differently depending on how hard you pressed down? I imagine lacking stuff like that would annoy Nintendo if they couldn't reproduce it properly via emulation.

Edited by EuroMIX

Unless the problems run deeper than I'm imagining them to be, I'm hoping Nintendo just tweaks them and it wouldn't be such a huge deal most of the time. Although it would have been better if they had the foresight to include analogue triggers on the pro controller. The Wii U VC is my only hope in being able to play some of these games.

The Classic Controller if I'm not mistaken has analog shoulder buttons. The Pro version does not though. These controllers work on the Wii U. I wonder if the CC will be supported if they do GC support.

We need to have a game that feature Captain Falcon, Waluigi, Ganondorf, and Snake beating the shit out of people for the entire game on the Wii U. (maybe if Smash U lets you have more than 4 players)

Pretty much all the games that people care about and would want from a VC used them.

It'd be awkward but you could probably use the second shoulder buttons (is it ZL and ZR? ) for the clicky function. Even if it'd feel nothing like playing the original game. 

Pretty boned when it comes to analogue stuff though. I wonder why Nintendo skipped the trend and didn't add analogue triggers at all.