Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

You guys need to talk about something more interesting.

This thread is no fun to read anymore...

This controller support should have been included in the first place.Still nice to hear though.

I think the pro controller itself should have been a part of the package.  I feel like the fact that developers have the tablet basically forced on them as the default is part of the reason third party support is still an issue for Nintendo.

Edited by Metal Gear (sting)RAY

I think the pro controller itself should have been a part of the package.  I feel like the fact that developers have the tablet basically forced on them as the default is part of the reason third party support is still an issue for Nintendo.

But it's not.  You can just shove a logo or some shit on the lower screen; some earlier DS games did this, if I'm not mistaken.

You seriously don't need to use it if you don't want to. The Pro Controller is the exact same thing minus a screen.

Oh no.. the developers have to put Off-Play TV support and menus on the Gamepad? How tasking!

Come on, the Gamepad is exactly like a normal controller. Developers do not have to use any touch capabilities.

• Thumbs Up 4

Im glad there updating Mario U to have the pro controller. Remember, this is really the first year there using downloadable content, and doing things like this will gain them experience, that and im sure the fans asked Nintendo to put it in so they listened, all for free no less... I remember when the PS3 tried to add Playstation Move to there games that been out already... the fans gotta pay for it. Shows who wants money and not...

Im glad there updating Mario U to have the pro controller. Remember, this is really the first year there using downloadable content, and doing things like this will gain them experience, that and im sure the fans asked Nintendo to put it in so they listened, all for free no less... I remember when the PS3 tried to add Playstation Move to there games that been out already... the fans gotta pay for it. Shows who wants money and not...

That's bull. There were PS3 games patched with move free of charge. I know for a fact that at least MAG and Heavy Rain were patched free.

And I really hate it when people try to pass off Nintendo as some saints doing things out of goodwill. They want money, too.

• Thumbs Up 1

So im trying to take advantage of this "Wii U Deluxe Digital promotion" where you receive store credit for your purchases on the ehsop (made into points) and you're allowed to give 5 buck worth of prepaid cards for every 153 points you earn, currently I have 347 points, more than enough to get at least two 5 dollar prepaid cards, but when I click on the "Get Activation Code" page, it just sends me here.

ScreenShot2013-05-31at21852PM_zpsf3e99f3

So yeah, im kind of stuck right now, any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

That's bull. There were PS3 games patched with move free of charge. I know for a fact that at least MAG and Heavy Rain were patched free.

And I really hate it when people try to pass off Nintendo as some saints doing things out of goodwill. They want money, too.

Exactly. Gonna say the exact same thing until I saw your post. Stuff like that annoys me, even when we don't know if the PS4 will have DRM stuff yet.

I mean LBP 2 did it, but they have a good reason to do so. They added new levels, costumes and bonuses to the Move pack, not just the functionality.

Edited by Ming Ming Suzy
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ohhhhhhhh, the way they worded it I had though that you HAD to only get 153 points to earn the code, not that I need 153 points to go UNTIL I was able to get a card, my bad. And thanks.

good one, I am thinking of picking up a deluxe wii-U in a week or two, also hoping to get the kirby dream collection(its good right? I am a kirby fan, and seems easier than tracking down each seperate one)

good one, I am thinking of picking up a deluxe wii-U in a week or two, also hoping to get the kirby dream collection(its good right? I am a kirby fan, and seems easier than tracking down each seperate one)

Yup.  Plus you get three episodes of the FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC cartoon, so, hey.

Say what kirby games does it include? on another note, however any other good Wii/Wii-U games I should track down?

Say what kirby games does it include? on another note, however any other good Wii/Wii-U games I should track down?

It includes six games.

1. Kirby's Dream Land

2. Kirby's Adventure

3. Kirby's Dream Land 2

4. Kirby Super Star

5. Kirby's Dream Land 3

6. Kirby 64.

Its main selling point, for those who already own the games, is the addition of new challenge stages using Return to Dream Land's gameplay engine.

Its main selling point, for those who already own the games, is the addition of new challenge stages using Return to Dream Land's gameplay engine.

I sadly dont any of them(been meaning to track down a copy of the crystal star) have played 'em via emulators and it would be great to have an actual copy, definately going after it if/when I get a wii-U.

Say any other game reccomendations? I have played a couple games here and there, but I didnt get a Wii, though I do have Sonic colors and spiderman shatterdimensions(I have my reasons). of course metroid prime collection is tempting(though I have already played all 3). And of course I think I will just wait for the next smash bros over buying brawl(which I finaly got a chance to play through the story mode so thats no reason)

To be fair I think brawl is a pretty good game to get if the new Smash bros won't be out for a while, but yeah if it's out soon don't bother. What kinda games do you like to play? I have plenty of Wii games you might be interested in that could hold you until new Wii U stuff comes our

To anyone wanting a Wii U, I would look around for deals on them. There's ALWAYS a price cut, gift card, free game, etc deal on them.

Target for example is selling a Wii U Basic for $239.99 - this doesn't even include the 5% discount you get for using a Target Card.

http://www.target.com/p/wii-u-8gb-basic-set-console-white-nintendo-wii-u/-/A-14174036#prodSlot=large_1_1

The games are also discounted at target. $39.99 for NSMB U.

I don't think the deluxe version is worth it. Maybe that's because Target is selling the Standerd version for $239.99.

Earlier today Nintendo's E3 2013 website went live, showcasing several character themed silhouettes. Amongst Mario and Link was this little guy:

char5.png

You might think that's the protagonist of The Wonderful 101. You are wrong.

神谷英樹 Hideki Kamiya

‏@PG_kamiya

いぬ忍者…? pic.twitter.com/CfglqbqulV

"Dog Ninja"
blrxmbpcaaa0q5p14jw5.png

Now I need to buy the game in laughter.
  • Thumbs Up 9

So I found a 'solution' to my wireless problems. This will help my PSP, Wii U, 3DS, etc connect to my internet.

I bought this router for a huge discount
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833122275

I also bought this Powerline Ethernet adapter to go from my basement to my room.

http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-PA2010KIT-Powerline-Adapter-Starter/dp/B00AWRUIY4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1370132425&sr=8-2&keywords=TP-Link+Powerline+Ethernet

So I'm gonna ethernet my PC to the Router and use the router as an access point for my Wii U. Extra connection for my PC and a connection for my Wii U. Awesome, right?

Well, my main reason for getting the deluxe was the nintendo land, and although I dont mind using an external HD, and I prefer hard copies, extra memory is a plus.... well I was waiting a week or 2 anyways to earn some extra money to make sure I have enough for either, though I am also trying to track down some old sega systems too. Hey maybe I will get lucky and the deluxe will get a price cut.

Also always been a big quirky adventurer/platformer guy, though not really interested in getting any mario ones(can borrow galaxy easily and I already beat it, and not too interested in NSMB) do like fun quirky games in general, and I am not a hardcore gamer who thinks anything under T or M is wimpy(or the respective european ratings)

Tanks Tanks Tanks for Wii-U looks fun, but I am guessing its not out yet