Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

The new UK advert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wNrmEyjUOM&feature=youtu.be

Funny... if not inventing problems that the gamepad is supposed to solve.

Also, remember how people were saying, 'why does this game not have online mode?' Count the number of times they mention online gaming... no count the number of times they mention online in any capacity in that advert. Local is where it's at.The 

Very surprised with the Sonic mention. This is the kind of adverts Nintendo need to pump out for the Wii U currently. In fact this "Wii U difference" thing could potentially be used as a campaign to be used across TV, billboards, magazine ads etc. It's a good campaign with humour, shows off the Wii U's key features (although this needs to be further emphasised than what it was there) and most importantly it blatantly tells people that the Wii U is completely separate from the original Wii.

How would you suggest it be further emphasized? Are there multiple games out right now that make better use of the screen than Off TV Play and menus?

They could advertise the different experience that the Gamepad has compared to the controllers aka

NintendoLand - Archer, Samus Ship, Ghost for Luigi's Mansion, Hide and Seek

ZombiU - Gamepad sets zombies, controller tries to survive

Or the splitscreen feature

Show a commercial of two kids fighting over screen cheating, show how the Wii U enables each player to have their own screen.

How would you suggest it be further emphasized? Are there multiple games out right now that make better use of the screen than Off TV Play and menus?

Asymmetrical gameplay and multiplayer is a pretty cool idea. NintendoLand as a whole is like a very good tech demo.

Step 1: Make a Sonic Lost World bundle with Blue Wii U

Step 2: Release it in the UK

Step 3: ???

Step 4: Profit

Game & Wario has probably the best uses of the GamePad thus far.

I'm not even kidding, if this was a launch game with a pack-in whatever and lower priced it would have been fantastic. Gamer has to be one of the most cleverly made things I have ever played on the console. The multiplayer centered games also excel with interesting ideas.

The game is seriously worth investing in if you can find it cheap. It's a really well tailored package.

I played a bit of Game & Wario and it is damn fun, I recommend it to anyone  looking for a good use of the Gamepad.

I was going to get Game & Wario but Newegg didn't have any in stock (IT WAS A PREORDER!!).

Apparently the game itself has a lot of bad minigames, so I'm going to wait for some sort of discount on the title.

• Thumbs Up 1

The only one I'd call bad would be Design, and thats only because its asking for you to draw precise measurements, like angles with specific degrees and circles wit specific diameters. How are ya expected to manage that?

Even then though, as already said, the game is a pretty good sample of the stuff that can be done with the gamepad. Its kinda a running thing with WarioWare games, since Touched and Smooth Moves did a similar thing for the Ds and Wii

I was playing ZombiiU today and I died twice (once while I was exploring and the second time while trying to get the gear I previously dropped). I really like how this game sets up the survival horror angle. Yes, you have a radar and a scanner and everything, but it really doesn't make things less tense. I died trying to gather up supplies from a previous survivor I had, and while looking through the backpack and deciding what to bring and what to leave I was attacked and killed. Now whenever I play I'm constantly darting back and forth between the gamepad and the screen, watching my back all the time. I really like it though, and the game makes great use of the second screen.

These are the types of features I want used more, where the pad isn't just an extra screen for a map, but is actually integrated into the gameplay somehow.

• Thumbs Up 5

They only developed/published a grand total of three Wii games. While it may be a shame that the U wont be getting any of their projects, it doesn't exactly change anything.

So you want a bugged out, non patched version of the latest Elder Scrolls :)

They barely made any games on the Wii, so them making no Wii U games isn't that much of a shock even though the Wii U is capable of handling one of there games (like Skyrim or Fallout 3). Besides, there games are bug ridden messes when they come out and with the possibility that the Wii U versions not getting that potential patch that fixes things would make the Wii U versions look even worse :(

• Thumbs Up 3

While I don't think that the Wii U is going to suffer from a lack of Bethesda games, saying "they're buggy" is a pretty crap argument against them, when they're so hugely popular.

Edited by Blue Blood

I was playing ZombiiU today and I died twice (once while I was exploring and the second time while trying to get the gear I previously dropped). I really like how this game sets up the survival horror angle. Yes, you have a radar and a scanner and everything, but it really doesn't make things less tense. I died trying to gather up supplies from a previous survivor I had, and while looking through the backpack and deciding what to bring and what to leave I was attacked and killed. Now whenever I play I'm constantly darting back and forth between the gamepad and the screen, watching my back all the time. I really like it though, and the game makes great use of the second screen.

These are the types of features I want used more, where the pad isn't just an extra screen for a map, but is actually integrated into the gameplay somehow.

The only problem with the special experiences is that it eliminates the Off-Play and alternate controls crowd. I remember some people being upset that certain games didn't have off-play or that they didn't want to use the Gamepad.

I personally would prefer the Gamepad immersive experience though.

While I don't think that the Wii U is going to suffer from a lack of Bethesda games, saying "they're buggy" is a pretty crap argument against them, when they're so hugely popular.

I don't mean to dis the games at all; there wonderful, open playgrounds to explore and adventure in.  The issue is that consoles have a lot of difficulty rendering these huge worlds so they suffer from unfortunate bugs, glitches, and sometimes being completely broken (look at Skyrim on PS3 as an example of this).  The Wii U is stronger than the current batch of systems (PS3/360) but would most likely not be enough for there big PS4/X1 game to run on it.

However, I can see the Elder Scrolls Online working on Wii U at some point though (the Gamepad would be very helpful in that case with item management and seeing you huge map).

So you want a bugged out, non patched version of the latest Elder Scrolls smile.png

They barely made any games on the Wii, so them making no Wii U games isn't that much of a shock even though the Wii U is capable of handling one of there games (like Skyrim or Fallout 3). Besides, there games are bug ridden messes when they come out and with the possibility that the Wii U versions not getting that potential patch that fixes things would make the Wii U versions look even worse sad.png

I never said it was a shock, just its never good to have a publisher not support your system.

I never said it was a shock, just its never good to have a publisher not support your system.

I wasn't point you out, just saying it wasn't much of a shock in general :)

Because 'Murica always needs to be different.

At least he's not angry looking or pointing a sword at you like the usual us covers.

I personally like it. A lot of people said the Japan had too much stuff going on. The North American version fixes this by making everything a sand shade while retaining Link's color.

• Thumbs Up 1

I personally like it. A lot of people said the Japan had too much stuff going on. The North American version fixes this by making everything a sand shade while retaining Link's color.

And also making it look incredibly boring and sucking all the charm out of the original, yeah.

• Thumbs Up 5