Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

The same reason why some people are bummed out that Sonic Lost World is a Nintendo exclusive: because people find it disappointing that the next main title of a series that they like is not gonna be available on a console that they like.

Well duh. That's not my point.

My point is that this same exact discussion was debated months ago so I was questioning what exactly brought it up again.

Nintendo confirms that we suck at video games.

What in the flying fuck

I can't even fathom how people get to be so good at the NSMB games like this.

• Thumbs Up 9

Nintendo confirms that we suck at video games.

I can't even find words to reply to this.

I can't imagine how many takes they must have had of this to get it that perfect.

I can't even find words to reply to this.

I can't imagine how many takes they must have had of this to get it that perfect.

I can, probably 1. laugh.png

Literally all of the Playstation games are extremely pivotal to the series storyline. If you don't play them, you're going to be extremely confused when the next game comes along. While some important plot elements are introduced in Chain of Memories to be elaborated upon later, playing it is not completely necessary to know what's happening in Kingdom Hearts II. I would know, I never owned a GBA. The same applies to 358/2 Days, which is really just a spin-off to elaborate on a popular character's backstory, and Re:Coded, which is literally completely inconsequential. Even then, the most important of these games later got ported to Playstation anyway, so the PS2 owner who missed out on Chain of Memories the first time later got to play it regardless.   The 3DS got Dream Drop Distance, a game that actually is important to the main plotline, is the only exception here. Time will tell if it gets ported to Playstation, but if that doesn't happen before KH3 (I'm still betting it'll be included in 2.5 in one way or another), then I'll give you that one.   So that being said, who is more "ready" for Kingdom Hearts 3? The guy who played all of the main game sans one? Or the guy who played all the side games and a single main game?   The point I'm trying to make is that it really doesn't matter. I think complaining that it's on Xbox because "they wouldn't know what's going on anyway" is a ridiculous argument, especially when it's paired with "and that's why it should be on the Wii U". If it can be on an extra console, great - more people get to play. If it isn't on a certain console for very legitimate reasons, then don't get a "well if I can't have it they shouldn't either!" attitude.   Xbox makes more sense because there will most likely be an exponentially larger install base, and it's a much cheaper port-job. That's really all there is to it.
I would say CoM is pretty pivotal in the KH series. "Who is Namine, Who is Diz, where are all the members of Org. 13, why was sora sleeping" are pretty important questions that you are going to find yourself asking if you ignored that title. Also, just throwing that out there but 3D has a bio on every title in the series, so Nintendo fans I would say know just about as much probably when it comes to the main plot.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Here's an amusing anecdote. My cousin is visiting. He brought his Wii U. They're playing some shitty Mario game in the next room, and my brother just commented that the Wii U would be perfect for a Pokemon Snap sequel.

For reference, my brother is a moron; so clearly Nintendo is now being run by Bernie Stolar.

The Gyro sensor on the 3DS could work, but the Wii U and Pokemon Snap are basically made for each other.

Well that's not very nice. I happen to agree with your brother.

I think Tornado was getting at the fact that Nintendo said they aren't doing a sequel for Wii U even though everyone and their dog had the same idea.

Edited by Solkia

Didn't the creator of Pokemon Snap say he didn't want to do a sequel? Pretty sure I read that somewhere. =X

Was Pokemon Snap even successful in the first place?

I don't know if it was successful, but I can tell you that a lot of my friends played it at my house and loved it.

Speaking of games the Wii U is made for, I gotta say, Pikmin and the gamepad go hand in hand. Using the touchpad to draw out automatic routes for your captains, plan, and manage your Pikmin makes things so much easier to keep track of.  Hopefully more games come along and take advantage of it like this one does. I can already see games like Zelda and Fire Emblem making good use of it.  

Didn't the creator of Pokemon Snap say he didn't want to do a sequel? Pretty sure I read that somewhere. =X

I think this is what you're thinking of:

http://www.polygon.com/gaming/2012/9/17/3348288/pokemon

I also ask about Game Freak's interest in Nintendo's other new hardware, the Wii U, with a personal plea for the team to do a new version of Pokemon Snap making use of the Wii U Gamepad. Masuda doesn't seem interested in my wish.

-

"Photography wasn't as widely spread in those days," he says. "Now everyone has a camera and can take photos whenever they want. Releasing it in that same form wouldn't be as interesting these days" Maybe there's a new idea, though.

But perhaps they have something else in mind for the Wii U.

"It would be very cool if you could play Black 2 and White 2 on the Wii U," Masuda says with a laugh just long enough to make it unclear if he was dropping a hint or joking completely.

Edited by Goldenlink64

The creator doesn't always know best. That said, if he alone controls the rights, Nintendo needs to find a way to buy them off him.

PKMN Snap or no, the WiiU still needs more first person games with gyroscopic fine-tuning either way. Nentendurlaand has shown that it works fabulously in practice, but nobody else seems to be taking advantage of it. I mean seriously, who the fuck would make a port of a sniping game without any motion control whatsoever? Those literally have the most to benefit from it!

PKMN Snap or no, the WiiU still needs more first person games with gyroscopic fine-tuning either way. Nentendurlaand has shown that it works fabulously in practice, but nobody else seems to be taking advantage of it. I mean seriously, who the fuck would make a port of a sniping game without any motion control whatsoever? Those literally have the most to benefit from it!

wiiu_zapper.png

Maybe one day...

Well, on another note, Capcom is being stupid again.

http://www.gamespot.com//news/capcom-not-planning-to-bring-street-fighter-to-wii-u-6413123?

Basically upon being asked they confirmed that they have no plans on bringing Street Fighter to the WiiU.

Great, another 3rd party title not being brought over for no reason at all... Ugh...

The Genesis Wii SF games have online too. I'm sure people would kill for a SF2 w/ Online VC.

still sad there is no soul calibur 2 with link wii u

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, I got an issue with my gamepad. I can't turn on the console with it anymore when I push the Powerbutton. When I walk up to the console and turn it on there, the gamepad turns on as well, so it isn't broken or something. The powerbutton of the gamepad also isn't the issue, since I can turn the console off just fine. Does anyone know what the issue could be?

Okay, I got an issue with my gamepad. I can't turn on the console with it anymore when I push the Powerbutton. When I walk up to the console and turn it on there, the gamepad turns on as well, so it isn't broken or something. The powerbutton of the gamepad also isn't the issue, since I can turn the console off just fine. Does anyone know what the issue could be?

Did you try resyncing the device?

• Thumbs Up 1

Try pushing the Gamepad's sync button and the actual console's sync button at the same time (it's to the right of the power button).

Edited by Haden
  • Thumbs Up 1