Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

Now it tells me the gamepad was already registered and those Synch up symbols dont appear on the gamepad anymore... :/

Now it tells me the gamepad was already registered and those Synch up symbols dont appear on the gamepad anymore... :/

Trying holding the sync button on both things for 20 seconds to reset the settings, then try again.

I would like it if Nintendo remakes Pikmin 1 and 2 for the Wii U as separate games or do a 3 disc Wii U Pikmin bundle with Pikmin 1, Pikmin 2, and Pikmin 3. 

I would like it if Nintendo remakes Pikmin 1 and 2 for the Wii U as separate games or do a 3 disc Wii U Pikmin bundle with Pikmin 1, Pikmin 2, and Pikmin 3. 

Pikmin 1 & 2 were rereleased for Wii, and so are fully compatible with the U and the Wiimote. Why would you want them to be remade?

I've only got two games for the Wii U so far (Nintendo Land and NSMBU) but I'm loving them! Wii U is a great console to play with friends/family.

Well, on another note, Capcom is being stupid again.

http://www.gamespot.com//news/capcom-not-planning-to-bring-street-fighter-to-wii-u-6413123?

Basically upon being asked they confirmed that they have no plans on bringing Street Fighter to the WiiU.

Great, another 3rd party title not being brought over for no reason at all... Ugh...

Kinda sucks for Wii U users but we all kinda saw that coming.... especially when the 3DS got SSFIV and not AE instead. I think we'll see any new SF on the Vita before the Wii U.

Right, I've just got a Wii U today (even though I'm not allowed to play it just yet due to not being my birthday, it is to preserve excitement). It's the Premium pack with a Pro Controller and some pack [screen protector, Gamepad case, spare stylus]. Luckily I have more than just Nintendoland since I bought New Super Mario Bros. U when it came out last year at the cheapest price from Morrisons, New Super Luigi U nearly last month, Wii Remote Plus with Wii Play Motion last week at a reduced price and some Wii games e.g. Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Sonic Colours, Geometry Wars, New Super Mario Bros. Wii [got it for £15 as my local ASDA was clearing out the Wii/Vita stock], Gunblade NY/LA Machineguns, Punch-Out, Wario Land, Disaster: Day of Crisis, Sin & Punishment 2, Mario & Sonic Olympic series and Klonoa before it went up double the price [last time I checked it was £32 used, it is rare in the UK or something?]. The only Wii game that I want but can't find is GTI Club due to that I liked playing that game in the arcades. So that should be enough games to play until October/November.

As for the 3rd party support, it seems to be mostly just Ubisoft and Activision with some smaller companies making stuff on the eShop and that is a tiny bit worrying since some of the companies Nintendo dealt with are gone. Yes, some Nintendo fans will usually get the Nintendo only games however it needs to have some variation otherwise the Wii U is going to end up best case the Master System and the worst case something like the TurboGrafx-16 in America or the Jaguar in terms of lack of 3rd party support and their success. It will probably improve but it depends on sales this year and especially next year. If the Wii U doesn't get the sales with Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros, Nintendo's chances are reversal are getting slimmer. Choosing between Ubisoft and Activision, probably Ubi just a bit (providing that there is a Far Cry game and a Driver game, will settle for Splinter Cell) since Activision makes COD, Skylanders or typical licensed based shovelware that personally not interested in.

To put it one way, the games that are confirmed coming to the PS4/Xbone aren't to my cup of tea (plus the ones with a slight interest are also on PS3, 360 and maybe Wii U) while the Wii U by comparison has at least 3 games this year with a possible one next year (Super Mario 3D World, Sonic Lost World, Donkey Kong Country Wii U and maybe Mario Kart 8). It's not to say that there's anything wrong with the PS4/Xbone due to both machines having better 3rd party support, are more powerful and have better downloadable options but game interest goes before powerful hardware in my view (a balance of both is the best though). The only worry is like with the Wii, lack of decent racing games but glad to have an original Xbox in this case since I already have the two best Wii U ones on the PS3 and the Vita.

wiiu_zapper.png

Maybe one day...

Looking into that picture reminds me that we aren't ever going to get a new Silent Scope game or even a port of the Silent Scope Complete collection.

Edited by Yawackhary

Right, I've just got a Wii U today (even though I'm not allowed to play it just yet due to not being my birthday, it is to preserve excitement). It's the Premium pack with a Pro Controller and some pack [screen protector, Gamepad case, spare stylus]. Luckily I have more than just Nintendoland since I bought New Super Mario Bros. U when it came out last year at the cheapest price from Morrisons, New Super Luigi U nearly last month, Wii Remote Plus with Wii Play Motion last week at a reduced price and some Wii games e.g. Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Sonic Colours, Geometry Wars, New Super Mario Bros. Wii [got it for £15 as my local ASDA was clearing out the Wii/Vita stock], Gunblade NY/LA Machineguns, Punch-Out, Wario Land, Disaster: Day of Crisis, Sin & Punishment 2, Mario & Sonic Olympic series and Klonoa before it went up double the price [last time I checked it was £32 used, it is rare in the UK or something?]. The only Wii game that I want but can't find is GTI Club due to that I liked playing that game in the arcades. So that should be enough games to play until October/November.

As for the 3rd party support, it seems to be mostly just Ubisoft and Activision with some smaller companies making stuff on the eShop and that is a tiny bit worrying since some of the companies Nintendo dealt with are gone. Yes, some Nintendo fans will usually get the Nintendo only games however it needs to have some variation otherwise the Wii U is going to end up best case the Master System and the worst case something like the TurboGrafx-16 in America or the Jaguar in terms of lack of 3rd party support and their success. It will probably improve but it depends on sales this year and especially next year. If the Wii U doesn't get the sales with Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros, Nintendo's chances are reversal are getting slimmer. Choosing between Ubisoft and Activision, probably Ubi just a bit (providing that there is a Far Cry game and a Driver game, will settle for Splinter Cell) since Activision makes COD, Skylanders or typical licensed based shovelware that personally not interested in.

To put it one way, the games that are confirmed coming to the PS4/Xbone aren't to my cup of tea (plus the ones with a slight interest are also on PS3, 360 and maybe Wii U) while the Wii U by comparison has at least 3 games this year with a possible one next year (Super Mario 3D World, Sonic Lost World, Donkey Kong Country Wii U and maybe Mario Kart 8). It's not to say that there's anything wrong with the PS4/Xbone due to both machines having better 3rd party support, are more powerful and have better downloadable options but game interest goes before powerful hardware in my view (a balance of both is the best though). The only worry is like with the Wii, lack of decent racing games but glad to have an original Xbox in this case since I already have the two best Wii U ones on the PS3 and the Vita.

Looking into that picture reminds me that we aren't ever going to get a new Silent Scope game or even a port of the Silent Scope Complete collection.

Lack of 3rd party support on Nintendo home consoles has been a thing since the N64 days sadly, so I don't see the Wii U getting as much 3rd party support as the PS4/X1, or even the Wii (say what you will about there shitty mini-game collections, they gave the Wii some great exclusives like Zack and Wiki and Sonic Colors), so if you want 3rd party stuff, you might have to get a PS4/X1 if you want big third party stuff like KH III and Battlefield.

You mention the 3rd parties that support the Wii U, but your forgetting WB Games, Sega and Disney, as both are putting many of there games on Wii U and even some exclusives (Batman Arkam City/Origins, Injustice, Lego Tittles, Ducktails Remastered, Castle of Illusion HD, Disney Infinity, Bayonetta), so you have that to look forward to as well :)

Interesting that you never owned a Wii before, opening the doors to playing some really wonderful games that you many have not played yet like Kirby's Epic Yarn, Xenoblades, Last Story, Pandora's Tower, Sonic Storybook Series, MadWorld, Red Steel 2, and many others.

Enjoy your Wii U purchase man, even if the system is struggling, there are some quality software out and coming that will be really awesome to play :)

So for those that are planning on getting a Wii U soon, particularly the basic:

1635225_1.jpg

So Nintendoland is currently only £10 new when bought with anything else in store at GAME. Not sure how long this'll last nor which branches are offering this though apparently it's national across the UK. Seems to be a surprisingly good deal.

It's like that everywhere including the Americas.

Deluxe still gets 10% back on digital purchases, charging cradle/stand, and 4x more storage.

Wind-Waker-HD-Bundle.jpg

So a target employee leaked out a Wii U bundle. $349.99 Deluxe w/ Wind Waker for $349.99. Only part that doesn't make sense is that's a basic Wii U. Uh...?

It looks pretty sick.

• Thumbs Up 3

That Wii U is blue, with a white front and detailing on the front too. It's not the basic set!

Also the box art is wrong, and is the wii U blue behind the white front plate??

Wind-Waker-HD-Bundle.jpg

So a target employee leaked out a Wii U bundle. $349.99 Deluxe w/ Wind Waker for $349.99. Only part that doesn't make sense is that's a basic Wii U. Uh...?

It looks pretty sick.

Fake box art, fake everything.

Light blue Wii U looks... interesting though.

Wait, what, it's real??

• Thumbs Up 1

The "not final" boxart for the game is nothing like the final boxart. If this bundle was real, surely it would have had a more generic placeholder boxart (i.e. the game logo on a solid color) if not the actual final boxart.

I'm calling it fake.

Edited by Yeow

Ah shit, apparently the image is a mock up by some deviantart user. DAMMN. DREAMS RUINED.

But!

Wind Waker + Wii U Deluxe still has a high chance of happening. While the art used in the article may have been generic, they do have proof of target leaking it.

Wiiuuuuuu-noscale.jpg

Oh, so the US boxart is not the gold boxart that was posted a few pages back?

Edit: Just saw the post above. Disregard this post then. xD

Edited by canderson

Haha, the picture was obviously fake. It's probably from the same guy who did the OOT+LA 3DS Bundle mock-up that some of us here fell for, too laugh.png

IfonlythiswasrealZelda.png

I recall loving simply because of the remade LA logo xD

• Thumbs Up 1

New CryEngine supporting Wii U

Not exactly a massive announcement but considering Crytek are an EA company this is a pretty good sign. Even more lovely is that they say;

On top of these changes, the new CRYENGINE® supports development on current and next generation consoles (Xbox One, PlayStation®4, and WiiU™), alongside PC, with further platforms to be added in the near future.

Whoa. A press release from an EA owned company calling the Wii U a "next generation console". Someone call my bookie.

So yeah this isn't exactly amazing life-changing news, I just found it pretty humorous and worthy of note considering the surrounding context. Remember when Crytek said they had Crysis 3 ready to release on Wii U and EA pulled the plug? Sounds like Crytek actually like the poor underdog system, so it's nice that they've prepared the new CryEngine to be Wii U ready.

• Thumbs Up 2

Since I'm guessing most of you guys that are replying to the WiiU topic here have one, I do have one or two questions maybe that could be answered.

I don't have a WiiU yet, but due to the new sonic game going to be released here exclusively, it seems I may have to get one sooner that I would have liked. Yes I have a 3DS already, but I prefer to play sonic on a console and leave handheld ones for later. The big thing is, is it going to be worth it? I've usually been the nintendo person growing up, and often the Nintendo consoles are the first I pick up of whatever set of consoles are out. The price is a bit on the heafty side, but it should likely last me for awhile. I still use my normal Wii here all the time since it doubles as my Gamecube, which I keep boxed up for the most part.

I'm guessing I wont be playing many WiiU games with it, other than maybe the occational sonic stuff until the game actually start price dropping. I'm all about the deal and normally dont go for the consoles right off the bat due to lack of cheaper games for me to buy, I DONT DO DOWNLOADING EVER, disks all the way.

I've obviously heard the rumors in the past about the system and figured I would see what you people think of them, since hopefully unlike places like gamefaqs where there is nothing but WiiU and nintendo hate, you people would be nice and honest about things.

Like, I've heard so many people say it takes hours and hours and hours to even get the system working the first time you use it and it makes so many people mad that they end up taking it back out of frustration, is this true?

I've heard people say normal Wii games dont look as good for some reason on the WiiU. That something to do with Wii emulation is not good and games look to move alot slower than they should and the graphics do odd things or look slightly off?

And finally, that games on the WiiU are alot more difficult to play due to the pad not working the way it should, though I've had mixed feelings about the Wiimotes due to how they tire my arms out often times when I play them.

I dont know what you guys things, but it would be great to hear opinions here. I'll answer back of course. smile.png