Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

New CryEngine supporting Wii U

Not exactly a massive announcement but considering Crytek are an EA company this is a pretty good sign. Even more lovely is that they say;

Whoa. A press release from an EA owned company calling the Wii U a "next generation console". Someone call my bookie.

So yeah this isn't exactly amazing life-changing news, I just found it pretty humorous and worthy of note considering the surrounding context. Remember when Crytek said they had Crysis 3 ready to release on Wii U and EA pulled the plug? Sounds like Crytek actually like the poor underdog system, so it's nice that they've prepared the new CryEngine to be Wii U ready.

EA told Crytek to stop making Crysis 3 on the Wii U even though it was up and running. EA's gonna do jack shit for the Wii U.

Wind-Waker-HD-Bundle.jpg

So a target employee leaked out a Wii U bundle. $349.99 Deluxe w/ Wind Waker for $349.99. Only part that doesn't make sense is that's a basic Wii U. Uh...?

It looks pretty sick.

That's a GAF mock-up.

Destructoid did list a Wind Waker bundle as a rumor though. But I have no idea why it's $349.99. That thing needs a price drop.

EA told Crytek to stop making Crysis 3 on the Wii U even though it was up and running. EA's gonna do jack shit for the Wii U.

It's the thought that counts right.

@Crytek: The Nintendo fans love you and want to give you hugs and kisses. Please keep on fighting the good fight. We'll bake you cookies. Thank you. Call me.

New CryEngine supporting Wii U

Not exactly a massive announcement but considering Crytek are an EA company this is a pretty good sign. Even more lovely is that they say;

Whoa. A press release from an EA owned company calling the Wii U a "next generation console". Someone call my bookie.

So yeah this isn't exactly amazing life-changing news, I just found it pretty humorous and worthy of note considering the surrounding context. Remember when Crytek said they had Crysis 3 ready to release on Wii U and EA pulled the plug? Sounds like Crytek actually like the poor underdog system, so it's nice that they've prepared the new CryEngine to be Wii U ready.

Actually, Crytek aren't owned by EA. EA simply publish the Crysis series. Crytek is probably gonna break all ties with EA anyway, considering they've said that they're heading in the direction of high-quality free to play games in the future as opposed to $60 releases.

• Thumbs Up 1

Since I'm guessing most of you guys that are replying to the WiiU topic here have one, I do have one or two questions maybe that could be answered.

I don't have a WiiU yet, but due to the new sonic game going to be released here exclusively, it seems I may have to get one sooner that I would have liked. Yes I have a 3DS already, but I prefer to play sonic on a console and leave handheld ones for later. The big thing is, is it going to be worth it? I've usually been the nintendo person growing up, and often the Nintendo consoles are the first I pick up of whatever set of consoles are out. The price is a bit on the heafty side, but it should likely last me for awhile. I still use my normal Wii here all the time since it doubles as my Gamecube, which I keep boxed up for the most part.

I'm guessing I wont be playing many WiiU games with it, other than maybe the occational sonic stuff until the game actually start price dropping. I'm all about the deal and normally dont go for the consoles right off the bat due to lack of cheaper games for me to buy, I DONT DO DOWNLOADING EVER, disks all the way.

I've obviously heard the rumors in the past about the system and figured I would see what you people think of them, since hopefully unlike places like gamefaqs where there is nothing but WiiU and nintendo hate, you people would be nice and honest about things.

Like, I've heard so many people say it takes hours and hours and hours to even get the system working the first time you use it and it makes so many people mad that they end up taking it back out of frustration, is this true?

I've heard people say normal Wii games dont look as good for some reason on the WiiU. That something to do with Wii emulation is not good and games look to move alot slower than they should and the graphics do odd things or look slightly off?

And finally, that games on the WiiU are alot more difficult to play due to the pad not working the way it should, though I've had mixed feelings about the Wiimotes due to how they tire my arms out often times when I play them.

I dont know what you guys things, but it would be great to hear opinions here. I'll answer back of course. smile.png

I got mine in November, and I had to do a mandatory system update right out of the box. It took about an hour or so. If you can wait for that to finish, you shouldn't have many problems.

Wii games run perfectly on the Wii U; they're also upscaled to 1080p. Not uprezzed, though. Don't expect crystal clear graphics. It basically functions as a component cable.

The Gamepad is light and ergonomic, and works as it should in my own experiences. I don't see how anyone could have a problem with it.

Also, due to the system's poor sales, a lot of games have dropped in price. Just from Amazon, we have:

New Super Mario Bros. U - $44.31

Scribblenauts Unlimited - $30.23

Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed - $24.55

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - $45.30

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - $19.50

I honestly think that now's a good time to buy one, what with the lower prices on games and the multitude of games coming in the following months. Of course, the choice is all yours.

I got mine in November, and I had to do a mandatory system update right out of the box. It took about an hour or so. If you can wait for that to finish, you shouldn't have many problems.

Wii games run perfectly on the Wii U; they're also upscaled to 1080p. Not uprezzed, though. Don't expect crystal clear graphics. It basically functions as a component cable.

The Gamepad is light and ergonomic, and works as it should in my own experiences. I don't see how anyone could have a problem with it.

Also, due to the system's poor sales, a lot of games have dropped in price. Just from Amazon, we have:

New Super Mario Bros. U - $44.31

Scribblenauts Unlimited - $30.23

Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed - $24.55

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - $45.30

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - $19.50

I honestly think that now's a good time to buy one, what with the lower prices on games and the multitude of games coming in the following months. Of course, the choice is all yours.

Thanks for answering. Was starting to wonder for a bit if anyone would do so. ^^;

Those prices are still a bit expensive to me honestly, but it is good to know of course. I normally buy from the store or ebay, since amazon doesnt have pictures of the actual item you are buying.

Having to system update right away lets me know that if I get one, I would have to hook it up super late at night, since I have a download limit and my download limit is rather precious to me. Late at night, its unlimited for now at least. That stilll is a long download time when you have to do it right away, and that's taking into consideration that you may have a rather fast connection as well, which mine may not be super fast.

I will keep these things in consideration when getting ready to buy one before the sonic game comes out later.

I think the update is preinstalled on Wii U systems now so it shouldn't be that big of a problem. If not, they come on discs too so you're bound to get it one way or another.

I would look out for deals on the Wii U. There's been a steady steam of offers such as the current Sears/KMart $320 Wii U Deluxe and $50 gift cards with a purchase of a Wii U. You could even try to wait for Black Friday for a good deal.

I think the update is preinstalled on Wii U systems now so it shouldn't be that big of a problem. If not, they come on discs too so you're bound to get it one way or another.

I would look out for deals on the Wii U. There's been a steady steam of offers such as the current Sears/KMart $320 Wii U Deluxe and $50 gift cards with a purchase of a Wii U. You could even try to wait for Black Friday for a good deal.

Black Friday XD I'm not insane and a glutton for being run over by insane people!

I will keep an eye out for a deal and may even check in on here when the time gets closer. That is a good deal, and there is a Kmart in a town about 60 or 70 miles from where I live. Kmarts aren't exactly as safe as walmarts, but they are still decent stores to go to these days. $320 and a 50 gift card would be great, since that would pay for the game as well.

Black Friday XD I'm not insane and a glutton for being run over by insane people!

Order online! No more being trampled to death by your local wal mart peers.

Some confusion I want to clear up though, the $50 gift card and the $320 deal are two separate deals. Sorry about that.

If the Basic models hit the clearance any time soon, you might be able to pick up one for dirt cheap. Target had them for $230 one time.

That's a GAF mock-up.

Destructoid did list a Wind Waker bundle as a rumor though. But I have no idea why it's $349.99. That thing needs a price drop.

Well if it is the deluxe model like rumored, with the game included, I could understand it. That is a better deal than the current NintendoLand bundle for basically the same price.

Interesting they are doing a Wind Waker bundle and not a Mario 3d World or Sonic Lost World one, as those games are good showcases for the Wii U's graphical power and are brand new experiences (not dissing Wind Waker, its a great game but I would think that Nintendo would push there new tittles...)

Nonetheless, its cool that Wind Waker HD is getting a bundle and being pushed as a big Wii U game; more people will be able to experience this great Zelda all while getting a idea how the GamePad adds to the game via Innovatory/Map on touch screen.

To be fair, it's a game that better fits into a bundle, because 3D World and Lost World will sell gangbusters regardless. Might as well make that money off of them.

To be fair, it's a game that better fits into a bundle, because 3D World and Lost World will sell gangbusters regardless. Might as well make that money off of them.

That's true, any game with Mario or Sonic one the box is automatic sales on Nintendo platforms, so it makes since to bundle Wind Waker over them :)

I do wonder if they will have other bundles though, a Yellow Wii U bundled with DKC: TF or a Cool Blue Wii U bundled with Sonic Lost World sounds really attractive to people.

They could always be a bundle the following Christmas Season, like the red Wii with New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph

Order online! No more being trampled to death by your local wal mart peers.

Some confusion I want to clear up though, the $50 gift card and the $320 deal are two separate deals. Sorry about that.

If the Basic models hit the clearance any time soon, you might be able to pick up one for dirt cheap. Target had them for $230 one time.

I honestly didn't know you could order online and still get the Black Friday deals. I'm sure it takes awhile to get things shipped though, since there would likely be many people doing the same thing and they need to fill all the online demand as well as the store demands on that nutty day.

Though, I would likely buy my WiiU when I would get the Sonic game.

It depends on the online store. I'm pretty sure Wal-Mart and Best Buy have their Black Friday deals online. They also a Cyber Monday sale the following Monday along with Amazon.

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph

Black Friday is just an excuse for retailers to clear out old stock quickly. Yeah, you do sometimes get some good deals out of it, but you've got to sift through mountains of shit really fast to get to them before they sell out.

New updates on WindWaker HD:

• Triforce quest – the five Triforce pieces can now be grabbed directly
  • Only the remaining three require translated charts instead of eight
  • Hero Mode available from the start
  • Picto Box has been upgraded
  • Upgraded camera could still be used to snap photos of unsuspecting villagers or enemies
  • Pictures can go up on Miiverse
  • Link can also take funny self-photographs
  • Switch between happy, sad, and surprised emotions
  • Get the Swift Sail at the auction house after completion of the first dungeon
  • No alert via an in-game prompt to signal the special sails availability
  • No longer possible to accidentally skip Tingle’s island, as the developers have inserted an introduction to the quirky character into the main quest
  • Enhanced first-person camera
  • Can now have full movement in that perspective
  • Can travel through hallways and shoot arrows like you’re in a FPS
Edited by The Kid
  • Thumbs Up 1

These are all great additions, cant wait to try all this out when the game is in my hands

Also, I may just even be tempted to try Hero mode from the get go.

More ports should go out of their way to smooth out the problems of the original game.

I just hope they fix the command melody so you don't have to play it every 10 seconds in the Wind and Earth temples. 

Link can also take funny self-photographs

So you can takes selfies? the fuck?

Edited by #thatPARA
  • Thumbs Up 1

So you can takes selfies? the fuck?

Lol, that sounds like it will be a hilarious. I'm assuming you can upload these pics to the Miiverse? 

This really is more than a simple port, and I'm looking forward to it! X3 I may not buy it day one but I will certainly get it just before or after Christmas.

So I got a question, is Avengers battle for earth ok if you can manage to get it cheap? or just something to skip over entirely? just curious because I can always use another game for my collection, and I figure it will be the one of the few wii-u titles to drop into the bargin bins in a couple months