Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

You're acting like Capcom wouldn't send Okami to the mobile graveyard like they did for Breath of Fire and Viewtiful Joe.

STOP RUINING MY DREAMS. ;____________;

emmastoneicecream.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

Kamiya interested on Okami Wii U sequel

Drawing using the touch screen instead of an analog stick/wii remote.

Excited-Amy-Adams-In-Cute-Dress-Reaction

(Would have been nice if you mentioned Kamiya in the status update)

It's about as likely as Seth MacFarlane actually becoming funny, sadly. Capcom would probably make stupid conditions to hand over the rights.

At any rate, the U would be perfect for Okami. No more awkward analogue sticks or motion controls for drawing, and a decent amount of system power to be technically superior to the original. If Kamiya did get to make one, it'd just be perfect.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 7

Oh god I hope it's true, and more over hope it'd be good. I don't want to spin this topic off into an Okamiden debate but I couldn't stand that game and really hope a console sequel would be closer to how the original was.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh god I hope it's true, and more over hope it'd be good. I don't want to spin this topic off into an Okamiden debate but I couldn't stand that game and really hope a console sequel would be closer to how the original was.

It's true that he'd like to make an Okami sequel, but there's no indication that it'll ever happen. He's just answering the question.

Also Okamiden really wasn't bad. A bit soulless and rehashy, but still a decent game.

• Thumbs Up 1

...Trying my hardest not to blow up

Anyways, I believe Kamiya has already said this before. The chances of it happening are slim to none, so don't get your hopes up.

Capcom would probably make stupid conditions to hand over the rights.

"Oh sure, we could make a sequel to one of our most beloved franchises... but we're only going to do it if this half-assed, soulless "HD" port sells six million first!"

Edited by Blacklightning
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Oh sure, we could make a sequel to one of our most beloved franchises... but we're only going to do it if this inferior, glitchier  "HD" port with botched controls sells 8 million in the first 6 months!"

Fixed for you.

Is Platinum even comprised of the same people who made Okami at this point? I thought a bunch of them split to make El Shaddai or something.

I'm pretty sure Kamiya was the director and writer. I don't really think it matters if it's the original team or not, as long as Kamiya is the one calling the shots.

And seeing how irritable he is from his twitter, I can't imagine him going for anything less than his exact goal.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ok, wanna spread the word about mighty no9 on the miiverse, both for gamers and to get nintendos atention, where should I do this? dont mess around on miiverse much

IGN's "Nintendo's Fall Lineup"

-Price drop smart move

-Many high profile titles to go through (Lego City, Monster Hunter Ultimate, Pikmin 3, NintendoLand, etc)

-Spending $300 over $400/500 will get you a console and a game for cheap

-Zelda Themed Wii U is a good idea

-Nintendo 2DS is a neat strategy

Welp, just as I'm in the middle of playing The Wonderful 101, my Wii U decides to go and bugger itself up.

I was about 5 minutes into a mission and my Wii U just randomly turned itself off and the power light on the console was flashing red. It wouldn't come back on until I turned off the power at the mains and restarted it. The console itself felt very hot immediately after, so maybe it just overheated? But anyway, that's not the bad part. Upon trying to resume my adventure with The Wonderful 101... it won't read the disc. In fact, it now won't read any disc. They all go in, whir for a couple of seconds, and then it comes up "invalid disc". None of them have any scratches in so it's definitely a console fault rather than a software one.

I've looked up the problem online and it seems like maybe turning the console horizontal might fix it, but I'm going to leave it a while before trying again to give it a chance to cool down, just in case it was still recovering from overheating or something.

If anyone's got any helpful advice in the meantime though, that'd be grand. I'm really hoping it decides to spring back to life, I don't particularly want to have to send it off to Nintendo and potentially lose all my data in the process...

Welp, just as I'm in the middle of playing The Wonderful 101, my Wii U decides to go and bugger itself up.

I was about 5 minutes into a mission and my Wii U just randomly turned itself off and the power light on the console was flashing red. It wouldn't come back on until I turned off the power at the mains and restarted it. The console itself felt very hot immediately after, so maybe it just overheated? But anyway, that's not the bad part. Upon trying to resume my adventure with The Wonderful 101... it won't read the disc. In fact, it now won't read any disc. They all go in, whir for a couple of seconds, and then it comes up "invalid disc". None of them have any scratches in so it's definitely a console fault rather than a software one.

I've looked up the problem online and it seems like maybe turning the console horizontal might fix it, but I'm going to leave it a while before trying again to give it a chance to cool down, just in case it was still recovering from overheating or something.

If anyone's got any helpful advice in the meantime though, that'd be grand. I'm really hoping it decides to spring back to life, I don't particularly want to have to send it off to Nintendo and potentially lose all my data in the process...

I'd definitely get in touch with Nintendo customer service if the problem persists. They might be able to offer help without sending it in, but it sounds like it might need looking at. Just looked on their support site and couldn't find anything about that particular problem, but here's their service centre contact info.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Contact/Contact-621598.html

PRAISE JEBUS! IT'S ALIVE!

Gave it half hour or so to cool off and just tried it again, and it's working absolutely fine.Must have just overheated after all. I'll give it a more thorough test-run at a later date just to make sure it was a one-off and not a persistent problem, but for now at least, it's reading discs again. Hallelujah!

PRAISE JEBUS! IT'S ALIVE!   Gave it half hour or so to cool off and just tried it again, and it's working absolutely fine.Must have just overheated after all. I'll give it a more thorough test-run at a later date just to make sure it was a one-off and not a persistent problem, but for now at least, it's reading discs again. Hallelujah!
Hope you didn't buy anything digitally

Anyone else have any hopes for a Wii U ambassador program following the price drop?

Not 9-10 months after launch, no.

Anyone else have any hopes for a Wii U ambassador program following the price drop?

Reggie specifically went on record recently to state that there were no plans for a Wii U ambassador programme... so no, don't get your hopes up.

funny too, because I bought a Wii U soley for the purpose of playing Smash Brothers (of course, other games will fill the gap for the Wii U) and seeing my reason for getting one, there was no hurry to get one so I just jumped in and did it. Then behold! Price Drop.... this is me and my ps3 all over again... bought it right before the $400 to $300 price drop

Is it unrealistic to have a price drop one year after a system came out?

It's not like the 3DS where it got a nearly $100 price drop after 5 months.

so what about those who bought a wii u before the price drop are they going to get the 3DS treatment?