Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

well if I go for it it will be normal version,a nd honestly that sounds like a good price to me, specialy with all the upgrades and the fact it would only be my second zelda game

Hmm would you guys recommend getting a premium Wii u now or getting the Zelda Wii u in October, I don't like digital copies if games and much prefer to have the box! But I was gonna get the figure copy anyway but that's sold out. So I am leaning towards the Zelda console (unless the special editions come back in stock)

Hmm would you guys recommend getting a premium Wii u now or getting the Zelda Wii u in October, I don't like digital copies if games and much prefer to have the box! But I was gonna get the figure copy anyway but that's sold out. So I am leaning towards the Zelda console (unless the special editions come back in stock)

It's sold out in the USA, but it's still available in the UK.

...dayum, now it got hard again! sad.png

I'd go for a regular U package, and get the WW Special Edition on the side. You'll be getting NintendoLand included in that, don't forget.

Has anyone else noticed just how much Disney Infinity is being pushed as a Wii U product? I don't know what it's like elsewhere in the world, but in the UK all of the adverts you'll see around on TV, posters and whatnot just say Wii U. And when I was in Tesco today they had a U set up, complete with a Disney rep and the game running. No sign of the other platforms in sight.

I'd go for a regular U package, and get the WW Special Edition on the side. You'll be getting NintendoLand included in that, don't forget.

Has anyone else noticed just how much Disney Infinity is being pushed as a Wii U product? I don't know what it's like elsewhere in the world, but in the UK all of the adverts you'll see around on TV, posters and whatnot just say Wii U. And when I was in Tesco today they had a U set up, complete with a Disney rep and the game running. No sign of the other platforms in sight.

hmm its pretty general here in the US, heck they have a Wii version, and at most stores you see all 4, though at costco all they had was the PS3/360 deluxe bundle.

Tempted to get it, but I am resisting because its a money sink

Wouldn't surprise me if Disney have partnered with Nintendo in England, the Wii U is seen as a "kiddie" console and Disney is primarily for Kids (although everyone loves a good Disney film).

I wonder if growing up in the super nintendo era and n64 era has numbed me to the "ooooooooh, pretty graphics" thing that goes on with so many younger gamers and such these days. When I look at that picture above, I think it looks nice, but I'm not usually judging the game baased just on those graphics. ^^;

BTmEi6UCYAAFhLi.png

/hyped/

blink.png Guess that lighting and bloom additions went quite a long way; it looks like a Disney film with that screen shot blink.png.

Goes to show how a beautiful art style can go long way to make a game look so timeless :)

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if growing up in the super nintendo era and n64 era has numbed me to the "ooooooooh, pretty graphics" thing that goes on with so many younger gamers and such these days. When I look at that picture above, I think it looks nice, but I'm not usually judging the game baased just on those graphics. ^^;

I grew up around the same era and mostly played my Game Boy, but when I see graphics that look nice, I'll think "Oooooooh, pretty graphics". I don't see what that has to do with judging the rest of the game?

Edited by MarcelloF

I love when the graphics in a game look truly gorgeous without trying to go for a realistic edge at all. WWHD really excels in that.

• Thumbs Up 9

BTmEi6UCYAAFhLi.png

/hyped/

While pretty, it does look a lot more like "every other game ever" now, except for Toon Link standing in the middle of the screen. Wind Waker's flat shading was very distinctive and has played a huge role in the game aging as well as it has. The new style does make for pretty looking screenshots, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

I grew up around the same era and mostly played my Game Boy, but when I see graphics that look nice, I'll think "Oooooooh, pretty graphics". I don't see what that has to do with judging the rest of the game?

Well I'm not judging the rest of the game. Just saying don't judge the game only by the pretty graphics like so many people do these days where say games dont age well or that game is unplayable because it doesnt have HD graphics. The game is obviously a good one, since I'm played wind waker in the past.

While pretty, it does look a lot more like "every other game ever" now, except for Toon Link standing in the middle of the screen. Wind Waker's flat shading was very distinctive and has played a huge role in the game aging as well as it has. The new style does make for pretty looking screenshots, though.

I disagree. The shading and vibrant colors (to say nothing of the actual character designs of course) still stand out very well in my opinion. The new lighting engine is a really good complement to the style.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wind Waker HD still has a lot of clear nuances of this though.

34rHZSd.jpg

The lighting engine has been generally improved to be more reactive to light sources. The stronger the light source is, the more harder the shadows are. Basic GI that's still stylized enough to retain it's iconic coloration and now improved through saturation.

• Thumbs Up 9

ok Autosaver, you have me super tempted, is fortune street worth getting? is it any good?

Never played it, but I ordered it. $5.99 for a Nintendo game is a steal. I heard it's a lot of fun. It apparently plays similar to Monopoly and a variety of other board games.

For anyone who downloaded the charmingly brilliant Toki Tori 2, there's an update going live for it later today that gives it all the features of Toki Tori 2+ which is currently available on Steam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81YhBfhWrEg

Say, on a curiousity note, were any Super scope games released on the wii virtual console? if not, wouldnt it be cool if we got some on the Wii-u e-shop, including using both wii-mote, touch screen, and standard controls?

Tried to pre-order the Zelda Wii U at a local GAME, but they say they aren't taking pre-orders yet even though it's out in just 3 weeks sad.png Said to come back in a week or 2.

The guy seemed shocked when I said I wanted to cancel my Xbox One pre-order and move the deposit to the Wii U. He asked if it was the Day One Edition. I replied "Yeah" and he said "Are you sure you want to do that?". I told him "I'm not going to be able to afford it at launch anyway." I felt like saying that the Day One Edition isn't that big of a deal. It's just a label on the box and controller, along with an exclusive Achievement. Big whoop. 

Anyway, it's nice to see GAME not helping Wii U sales by not taking pre-orders so close to new bundle launches :-/

Tried to pre-order the Zelda Wii U at a local GAME, but they say they aren't taking pre-orders yet even though it's out in just 3 weeks sad.png Said to come back in a week or 2.

The guy seemed shocked when I said I wanted to cancel my Xbox One pre-order and move the deposit to the Wii U. He asked if it was the Day One Edition. I replied "Yeah" and he said "Are you sure you want to do that?". I told him "I'm not going to be able to afford it at launch anyway." I felt like saying that the Day One Edition isn't that big of a deal. It's just a label on the box and controller, along with an exclusive Achievement. Big whoop. 

Anyway, it's nice to see GAME not helping Wii U sales by not taking pre-orders so close to new bundle launches :-/

With how people are these days, I'm sure you will find this in alot of places. These guys that think you are wierd for liking nintendo products instead of microsoft or sony products as number one. These people do bug me, which is why I'm glad the ones in the local gamestop don't seem to be like this. I know there are some stores that are better and worst than others. I'm just glad that isn't the way it is around here, at least I haven't seen it that way so far.

But still, employees of these companies that sell games, are likely going to still try and push their own favorite instead of being objective.Annoying yes.