Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

What a great deal; getting a Wii U with not only Wind Waker HD but with three of the best games on the system (Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends) all for 420$ (plus tax of course) sounds like a wonderful deal smile.png. If anyone was on the fence about getting a Wii U now, then they shouldn't hesitate using this deal to get one; 4 games + a system is a great deal verses a PS4 with only 2 games (if you have PS+).

I do wonder though, does the deal apply to Wii U games not on the ad? I remember Target having a very similar deal for the Vita in June (when I got mine biggrin.png) and it applied to all the Vita games they had, not just select ones. If that is the case with this deal, you also have the option for other awesome Wii U games like Sonic Racing, Zombi U, Splinter Cell Blacklist and Lego City.

I had a buddy who wanted to get MH3, if he still wants to, maybe I can convince him to team up with me then I can get both WWHD and W101, otherwise, I dont have the money, or a third game worth me doing the deal....

I do wonder though, does the deal apply to Wii U games not on the ad? 

The advert does say "on all Wii U games" so yeah, I'd assume so.

It's just the cheapest one you get free, which is always the case with these kinds of offers.

Just cancelled my Newegg order. I'll probably buy 3 games and return 2 of them and get Wonderful 101 for $39.99.

a7Vouao.jpg

Heads up, Buy 2 get 1 free on all Wii U games at Target (Sept 22 - 28). This is great, i need to catch up with W101, Rayman, and Pikmin.

Really tempted to do this, however since WWHD isnt out yet, I would need a third game, already thinking of doing this with Disney Infinity and W101, but would need a third game, any reccomendations(already have NL, LCU, and ASRT)

If the third game is technicly free get something you aren't sure about like Pikmin 3 or NSMBU.

That's what I do with promotions like that, I get games I want and then see if there is anything else that might interest me, like I said technically the game is free so if you don't like it you could sell it in eBay or GameStop or something

I know I've said it before but the Wii U's virtual console is pitiful considering its been out the best part of a year now :/

I'd like to hope they have big plans for it alongside this 'huge marketing campaign' at Christmas but I bet they don't.

;_;

• Thumbs Up 1

If the third game is technicly free get something you aren't sure about like Pikmin 3 or NSMBU.

That's what I do with promotions like that, I get games I want and then see if there is anything else that might interest me, like I said technically the game is free so if you don't like it you could sell it in eBay or GameStop or something

NSMBU is a fantastic platformer despite what some would leave one to believe.

Hmm have considered it, while I do want WWHD, I dont have any mario titles yet, and these three games would help round out my library, as I currently have an adventurer(LCU), Racer(ASRT), and Minigame collection(Nintendo Land).

Still kinda hesitant on Disney Infinity, though my family would proably love it

Come November I'll be getting a Wii U.nLooking foward to it. My planned games right now are Sonic Lost World and Super Mario 3D World, but I'm considering getting Rayman Legends and Wind Waker HD to hold me over until Mario is released. Hopefully more games are releasing in the future...the other games don't interest me much so I'll be stuck with 4 games for who knows how long.

Come November I'll be getting a Wii U.nLooking foward to it. My planned games right now are Sonic Lost World and Super Mario 3D World, but I'm considering getting Rayman Legends and Wind Waker HD to hold me over until Mario is released. Hopefully more games are releasing in the future...the other games don't interest me much so I'll be stuck with 4 games for who knows how long.

Hey, I would reccomend Lego Marvel superheroes, its looking awesome and one of the few third party titles worth getting. ASRT is a good one as well

Also decided to resist the buy 2 get one free, think I may just get WindWalker HD, that should hold me over till my birthday 

Cool stuff. It's a bit of a shame to see NintendoLand getting shafted, because it's genuinely a really good introduction to the Wii U and heaps of fun in multiplayer. But pack-ins like NSMB, WWHD and Lego City are going to be ten times more appealing to the masses right off the bat.

Cool stuff. It's a bit of a shame to see NintendoLand getting shafted, because it's genuinely a really good introduction to the Wii U and heaps of fun in multiplayer. But pack-ins like NSMB, WWHD and Lego City are going to be ten times more appealing to the masses right off the bat.

Who's saying Nintendoland cant be packed in as well? The Wii had Wii Sports bundles that also included Wii Sports Resort (and the motion plus), so Nintendo could do that with these new Mario, Lego City and Wind Waker bundles.

Speaking of the New Mario Bros bundle, what a value; two full games with a ton of platforming goodness right out of the box. That will be the Christmas present this holiday (well, outside of a PS4 or 2ds that is) :).

IIRC the ZombiU Wii U bundle had NintendoLand available as a digital download. So maybe the NSMBU+NSLU bundle will be the same case.

FIRST Wind Waker HD Review. From GameSpot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iM9Axkpync

It got an 8...good, but a lower than I expected. Then again I've never played this game before so I'm unaware of its flaws.

That buy 2 get 1 free is really tempting. I'm getting my Wii U here on the 20th as that WWHD bundle, so having 3 extra games at the price of two to boot would be fantastic. I really hope it's just any games they have though, since I kinda want to get Monster Hunter 3, W101, and then something else (not sure yet). With this I think I'd be pretty set for a long time this fall haha.

Wii Fit U Direct, introduced by none other than the Wii Fit Trainer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKarLyJQiXk

She promises "maximum viewing pleasure" if you join in with her. Dis gun b good.

EDIT: Oh my god you guys watch it for the first minute or so at least it's not just pointless exercising

• Thumbs Up 1

Huh, where did this suddenly come from?

And, Wii Sports Club announced

Wii Sports Club.
- Enhanced versions of all five original Wii Sports games planned.
- Digital only. Sports sold separately.
- Available November 7th.
- Tennis and bowling first.
- "Try Out Pass" - Lets you try out any sport for 24 hours when you first download, for free.
- "Day Pass" - Unlimited access to all sports for 24 hours.
- "Single Sports Pass" - Purchase each sport separately.
- Wii Remote Motion Plus for all sports.
- Training, local, and online multiplayer modes.
- Miiverse integration for online messages.
- "Clubs" - State or regional clubs to join.
- Can compete with just club members, or can compete with your club against other clubs, to increase your club ranking.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=82462457&postcount=10

P.S. WFT looks better in Smash. Looks kind of creepy here.

P.P.S. The start is really funny

Edited by MarcelloF

Wii Fit U looks great. Might get that as a Christmas gift for my wife, as she enjoyed the first 2 games. Wii Sports Club might be fun now there is online multiplayer.

The Wii Fit U Direct, about 17:50 into the presentation.

Lol, I meant where did the Direct come from xD It wasn't announced beforehand this time.

So Wii Sports Club -a enhanced port of a sports minigame collection- gets online multiplayer, but New Super Mario Bros. U, Super Mario 3D World, -co-op platformers that support up to four players- and Star Fox 64 3D -a modern remake of a classic on-rails shooter with up to four-player competitive multiplayer for a handheld system- don't?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hTCyPAEzMI

Mario would probably be much harder to put online than this, so the comparison doesn't really work.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mario would probably be much harder to put online than this

Exactly how? They already have the basic multiplayer gameplay set up, exactly how would it be difficult to set up at the very least online sessions for players to drop in/drop out after playing a stage? Even Mario Kart Wii had a functional online system that worked pretty well.

Edited by Princess Yeow
  • Thumbs Up 2