Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

I actualy have donkey konga, and the kongas on my GC, and Toys'r's dont have jungle beat anyways.

Honestly, I kinda want super paper mario, as I like a good platformer, and dont mind dialouge. on the other hand mario power tennis would be fun with my family, but considering I dont even have any wii-motes at the moment(will hopefully be getting some soon).... so not sure

oh they also have super slugger(not available online), and epic yarn for same price(they are all 20 bucks)

I have to say go with super paper mario, it may not be like the past to games in terms of gameplay (though its still pretty nice though) the story is pretty good and the characters are all very lively, though the game is pretty easy but mario power tennis is also pretty fun especially since that one has some good four player mini-games to play in it too so that one would probably be good if you have friends over or if you just like tennis I will say that this is probably my favorite tennis game (though I haven't played mario tennis open yet).

On the subject of epic yarn, I would say get that if you don't mind a hard and easy platformer, I say hard because it can be tough not getting hit sometimes but I say easy because you can't die in the game at all but overall its pretty fun despite what the kirby fans say.

I have to say go with super paper mario, it may not be like the past to games in terms of gameplay (though its still pretty nice though) the story is pretty good and the characters are all very lively, though the game is pretty easy but mario power tennis is also pretty fun especially since that one has some good four player mini-games to play in it too so that one would probably be good if you have friends over or if you just like tennis I will say that this is probably my favorite tennis game (though I haven't played mario tennis open yet).

On the subject of epic yarn, I would say get that if you don't mind a hard and easy platformer, I say hard because it can be tough not getting hit sometimes but I say easy because you can't die in the game at all but overall its pretty fun despite what the kirby fans say.

actualy, decided not too, going to stick with WWHD, and not get anything else

I feel bad about the subsequent harassment and spamming that's going to be on Hoshino's Twitter and the Soulcalibur Facebook page now that people who probably don't even care about the series have been given the idea.

To be fair, tons of people who didn't "even care about the series" got into it because of Soulcalibur II on Gamecube, it's not fair to stomp on interest because it's not "pure". Interest is interest.

Also what Mando said, I, as a long term Soulcalibur fan, really want it to come to Wii U with Link and stuff. I'll take what I can get if they say they'll listen to demand.

• Thumbs Up 4

If they didn't 'care' about the series, why would they be asking for a port?

Considering that Namco themselves said to spam them with requests for a Wii U version to show demand, it's not 100% unwarranted.

I think the point was more about people jumping on the 'flood Namco' bandwagon who haven't any interest in actually buying the game even if it does come out.  So you have 800,000 emails and only 600 people actually buy the game.  This is the internet, people will petition for anything. 

I think the point was more about people jumping on the 'flood Namco' bandwagon who haven't any interest in actually buying the game even if it does come out.  So you have 800,000 emails and only 600 people actually buy the game.  This is the internet, people will petition for anything. 

That may true but when they ask for demand what do they expect? Their marketing departments probably aren't useless, they should be able to tell that not everyone who signs a petition did so in earnest, that's marketing 101.

The fact is they asked for fans to do this in the first place, they did so fully anticipating this and that. Many "genuine" fans are jumping at this chance even if it ultimately won't do them any good, it's better than nothing. Like, you can't spin this into a bad thing.

It always rubs me the wrong way when I see interest in a game garnered less because of the actual merits of the game and more because of some gimmick and/or guest character used to sell a few extra copies. If Link wasn't in Soulcalibur II the vast majority of people would not even bother and the only reason why there's all this supposed interest is because of Link. Not because it's Soulcalibur II. A lot of these people never bothered with III, IV, or even V. Fighting games are a niche genre and Soulcalibur isn't even that popular in the fighting game scene.

I also don't feel like I have to mention that the reporter in the video even said that spamming the Twitter page was primarily a joke.

Wii U Bestbuy Sale

$19.99 ZombiU (Also $19.99 @ Target)

$19.99 Assassin's Creed III

$19.99 BO2

$11.99 Warriors O Hyper 3

$11.99 Mass Effect 3

edit: added links because people seem to always have trouble with autosaver's bestbuy sales. .-.

That's quite a few good deals; getting ACIII, ZombiU, BO2, and Mass Effect 3 for under 80 bucks sounds awesome biggrin.png. Especially ZombiU and Black Ops II, as the former makes great use of the gamepad and the later is the best version of Black Ops II.

That's quite a few good deals; getting ACIII, ZombiU, BO2, and Mass Effect 3 for under 80 bucks sounds awesome :D. Especially ZombiU and Black Ops II, as the former makes great use of the gamepad and the later is the best version of Black Ops II.
Wait it is? I always assumed cod games were usually better on 360. Huh.

Wait it is? I always assumed cod games were usually better on 360. Huh.

It doesn't always run at 60FPS (nether does the PS3 and 360 versions) but it runs great, has all the base content as the PS3/360, has Off-tv play with the gamepad, and you can use the Wiimote + Nunhuck as a control option (which is very close to Mouse + Keyboard responsiveness), so the Wii U version has a lot of pluses over the PS3/360 versions (well, outside of lack of DLC support sad.png).

• Thumbs Up 1

To be fair, tons of people who didn't "even care about the series" got into it because of Soulcalibur II on Gamecube, it's not fair to stomp on interest because it's not "pure". Interest is interest.

Also what Mando said, I, as a long term Soulcalibur fan, really want it to come to Wii U with Link and stuff. I'll take what I can get if they say they'll listen to demand.

Never even heard of SC (or SoulEdge or w/e it was called) until the gamecube version. Yes, the inclusion of Link peaked my interest and he was one of the only characters I played but at that time I fell in love with Soul Calibur. I see no problem with a gimmick or guest character peaking interest in a particular game or series. Interest is indeed interest

• Thumbs Up 2

Never even heard of SC (or SoulEdge or w/e it was called) until the gamecube version. Yes, the inclusion of Link peaked my interest and he was one of the only characters I played but at that time I fell in love with Soul Calibur. I see no problem with a gimmick or guest character peaking interest in a particular game or series. Interest is indeed interest

Yeah, but its kind of sad when the only reason people get a fighting game is for just one specific character and not the game itself, its like only buying brawl to play as sonic or snake but even without these two I probably would've bought it just because its smash and a good series in general (though I will plead guilty to posting a couple of dumb youtube comments when I was younger saying that I only played brawl for sonic but I think that was just to get under everybody's skin back then).

Well the idea of Link in a more serious fighting game is enough to get people interested even if at the end they do not playing it due to other reasons. Plus out of the 3 crossover characters for each system, Link made the most sense since he already has weapons like the other characters in the game. Heihachi was originally fisty cuffs only and no clue regarding Spawn.

As for someone who has Soul Blade and the original Soul Calibur though, the influence of Soul Calibur II was apart from Link in the game was that the GC version was the best version of the game that had access at the time. If we are going by technicalities of the systems, the Gamecube and the Xbox were both better than the PS2 [the PS2 did have a few tricks up its sleeve though as evidenced with Metal Gear Solid 2 with the PS2 version being better than the Xbox version] such as better graphics and higher frame rates. The advantage of the Xbox version though is that it was one of the few games on the system that can run on 720p but you either needed a modded system if you have a PAL unit or component cables.

I wonder if Namco are remaking Soul Calibur II or just basing in on the Xbox version set to 720p with some programming changes to add Heihachi in the game.

So I just spotted this while watching the Sonic Lost World TGS live stream:

image13.jpg

Did SEGA just leak the potentially new Wii U home screen?

Edited by Wil348

So I just spotted this while watching the Sonic Lost World TGS live stream:

image13.jpg

Did SEGA just leak the potentially new Wii U home screen?

But this is iOS 7. It says iPad at the top left. Plus this looks way too unpolished to be the new Wii U home screen.

But this is iOS 7. It says iPad at the top left. Plus this looks way too unpolished to be the new Wii U home screen.

He's talking about the stuff going on in the middle of the screen (Browser/To Game/eManual), not the media player itself.

Yeah I was using my iPad to watch the video. But that's what I saw just before they started playing the demo. So anything at the top or bottom of the screen you can ignore, since it's the iPad's YouTube.

But If it was a dev kit, why is there an eManual and a Browser? Maybe it's an alpha/beta version of a new Wii U home screen...

Edited by Wil348

Yeah I was using my iPad to watch the video. But that's what I saw just before they started playing the demo. So anything at the top or bottom of the screen you can ignore, since it's the iPad's YouTube.

But If it was a dev kit, why is there an eManual and a Browser? Maybe it's an alpha/beta version of a new Wii U home screen...

It could be just a debug unit. Those have different functionality from retail (sometimes more, sometimes less). I'm not aware of how the runtime environment for those is set, though, merely throwing a guess here.

There's no way Nintendo would release that as the new home screen considering that the current screen actually looks good; that one looks like total ass. 

• Thumbs Up 1

It will never be the homescreen of the Wii U.

At the most, it's the devkit homescreen.

Even the Wii home screen had more polish going on in it, this is likely just a barebones default devkit version.

It always rubs me the wrong way when I see interest in a game garnered less because of the actual merits of the game and more because of some gimmick and/or guest character used to sell a few extra copies. If Link wasn't in Soulcalibur II the vast majority of people would not even bother and the only reason why there's all this supposed interest is because of Link. Not because it's Soulcalibur II. A lot of these people never bothered with III, IV, or even V. Fighting games are a niche genre and Soulcalibur isn't even that popular in the fighting game scene.

I also don't feel like I have to mention that the reporter in the video even said that spamming the Twitter page was primarily a joke.

Except SoulCalibur 3 and beyond weren't on any Nintendo system. 4 and 5 were understandable, but 3 wasn't even on the XBOX either.