Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

This has LESS functionality than the current menu

why would they go backwards

Well this is Nintendo we're talking abo- *shot*

So I have a question.

That Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on Wii U is on it's last day of being on sale today at 50% off if you digitally download it. I just purchased at Wii U and have been wanting so-said game for quite awhile now and was planning on picking it up anyways until I heard about this deal. The question is however, would you recommend owning it in this fashion? I prefer physical ownership, but also own tons of digital games, so that's not too much the fuss, it's more over the space it will take and the slog of a download it'll probably be. On the eShop it doesn't say how large the game is in file size, so I'm just taking a stab that it's at least over 2 GB, like somewhere around 4 GB realistically (just ballparking here)?

I don't want to run out and by another external harddrive quite yet and I've only filled my Wii U up with WWHD and Animal Crossing Plaza so far, so it's pretty barren still, I'm just not sure it'll be worth saving the extra bucks instead of owning it physically. What would you choose? 

I own it physically, just because I like arranging my games on a shelf. But Monster Hunter is one of those games you can casually pick up at any time and quest with people, so it isn't a bad choice for digital.

Honestly, you're probably only talking about saving ten dollars here though.

Yes that's what happens when the audience that bought most copies of the game gets a sequel that isn't on their platform of choice.

IV and V might have had a fair excuse (platform specs), III had none.

I can't help but wonder how many of those copies were sold soley because of Link.

I doubt III would have done nearly as well without him.

So I have a question.

That Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on Wii U is on it's last day of being on sale today at 50% off if you digitally download it. I just purchased at Wii U and have been wanting so-said game for quite awhile now and was planning on picking it up anyways until I heard about this deal. The question is however, would you recommend owning it in this fashion? I prefer physical ownership, but also own tons of digital games, so that's not too much the fuss, it's more over the space it will take and the slog of a download it'll probably be. On the eShop it doesn't say how large the game is in file size, so I'm just taking a stab that it's at least over 2 GB, like somewhere around 4 GB realistically (just ballparking here)?

I don't want to run out and by another external harddrive quite yet and I've only filled my Wii U up with WWHD and Animal Crossing Plaza so far, so it's pretty barren still, I'm just not sure it'll be worth saving the extra bucks instead of owning it physically. What would you choose? 

All the sites I visited stated it's around 6GB. Once specifically stated 6.2GB

As for either downloading it or purchasing a retail copy, I'll only recommend downloading it from eshop immediately simply for the 50% off deal. I recommend just purchasing it by retail only if GB space is an issue. Otherwise, you're good to go either way.

Personally, I do prefer purchasing a retail copy by a small margin, but it's mostly just me being bias for having physical copies. Otherwise, I don't mind downloading games at all.

Edited by YoshiUnity

Doesn't matter anymore, I just jumped online and apparently it's not for the 50% sale anymore, even though I recall it saying it'd be today as well (maybe it just ended a while ago?). Thanks for the input though guys, I appreciate it

Ok, I'm most likely going to be getting the console in a week or two since my birthday is sometime next week. I may have asked this in the past, but it has been over a month and half or so since I likely did. What is going to be my best deal for me at the moment? Keep in mind, I don't have all the huge huge stores out there unless I travel like 100 miles away. I'm going to be wanting a WiiU yes, but I'm not going to be doing things digitally at all most likely, nor do I want anything digital on it if I can help it. I'm still a physical person. What is the best deal for me right now, or should I wait a little bit longer, since the main game I'm going for later is obviously Sonic. Just wanting to get some opinions is all, since it is nearly that time. Thanks. smile.png

Well, the only bundle that comes with a physical game is the standard deluxe. The Wind Waker one is a download voucher, and it's likely anything after it will be too (it's rumored a NSMB U bundle will be released in time for the holidays too). At this point, I'd bite since it's unlikely you'll get one for much less than 300.

Ok guys, I've got the basic model and need more storage, I bought an external HDD but the Wii U doesn't seem to pick up the device when connected so I can't format it, will be sending that HDD back and get another one.

Just wondering if any HDD will work on the Wii U, or only a select few?

Ok guys, I've got the basic model and need more storage, I bought an external HDD but the Wii U doesn't seem to pick up the device when connected so I can't format it, will be sending that HDD back and get another one.

Just wondering if any HDD will work on the Wii U, or only a select few?

Just in case, you need to format the HDD first on a computer or something to make sure it's completely clear and not formatted for PC use, then try it in the Wii U. If you've already done that I think it must be bad luck, cause even my makeshift harddrive works fine for the Wii U D: I should think the vast majority of HDDs would work for Wii U if they're totally formatted and empty.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thank you! I think I better go for a better HDD than the one I bought since it doesn't seem to be working on my PC either, sigh.

Thank you! I think I better go for a better HDD than the one I bought since it doesn't seem to be working on my PC either, sigh.

That's whack, I really hope you can get your money back for that garbage.

Put in a return order form through Amazon, now we wait to see if the seller honours his return policy, next time going for a Seagate one since I'm familiar with that brand of HDD.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have a one terabite HDD for my Wii U. Course you had to reformat it once you get it, but im quite happy with it. Mostly anything will run with the Wii U.

I use a 500GB portable hard drive and it works like a charm. I've had no problems with it so far but apparently portable hard drives don't work properly unless you connect both USB slots in the Wii U.

Well, the only bundle that comes with a physical game is the standard deluxe. The Wind Waker one is a download voucher, and it's likely anything after it will be too (it's rumored a NSMB U bundle will be released in time for the holidays too). At this point, I'd bite since it's unlikely you'll get one for much less than 300.

So just get the standard $300 deluxe at the moment then? I had no interest in that Wind Waker version since it was a digital copy, so this is what I was wondering if I should go after just the deluxe at the moment and there was nothing special anywhere I should be getting it at other than my local gamestop.

As for games, looking through the library at the moment, most likely it looks like I would get Warriors Oroci 3 Hyper to hold me until Sonic comes out later. I love the Warriors games and it looks like a nice cheap option to hold me off for awhile.

Just out of curiousity looked at the Accessories section since I was doing a bit of the old Club Nintendo business and have found some new accessories coming out.

Annoyed that the Gamepad only lasts for about 3 hours? [Most games you don't need to use it if it supports the Pro Controller or the Wii Remote unless it is something like Nintendo Land, it's just if you want to change the settings or go on Miiverse or the eShop you need the Gamepad] Well that extended battery that was previously Japan only is coming out in Europe at the 4th October. It doubles on the battery life up to 8 hours compared to the standard one but it is slightly heavier. Sadly I have checked the online retailers and it doesn't seem to be there so no price yet.

There is also a rechargeable battery for the Wii Remote that comes with a cradle and the 3DS AC Adapter that ironically is not included on the 3DSXL that is coming out at the same time. No clue when this comes out in America though but it should be soon.

Edited by Yawackhary

EA have no fuckin' clue what they're talking about.

If anything, it illustrates how little they care for actual game design anymore, that it's just about making a quick buck. They say that about Miyamoto, they may as well be saying it about all the world's truly talented game director and creators.

As for Miyamoto, I'm glad he finally can trust other developers with his work.

EA have no fuckin' clue what they're talking about.

If anything, it illustrates how little they care for actual game design anymore, that it's just about making a quick buck. They say that about Miyamoto, they may as well be saying it about all the world's truly talented game director and creators.

As for Miyamoto, I'm glad he finally can trust other developers with his work.

lolguys miyamotos old we need to rub it in. he cant see games anymore

But seriously, isn't the fact that an EA exec said this proof enough that this is a load of shit? I haven't seen any super memorable EA games made by that guy.