Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

With titles like Mario 3D World, Smash Bros, Donkey Kong, and Mario Kart - I think the Wii U could easily hit Gamecube numbers.

Edit: Ew, the metaphor Discoid used is pretty terrible.

It's more like Nintendo has an amazing pizza, but it's missing extra toppings.

Can't say I agree, but whatever. Just a metaphor off the top of my head.

But what's wrong with he Wii U hardware that is anything significant compared to the rest. This isn't like a Wii situation where the graphics are still GameCube level, the Wii U is capable of doing everything well enough.

And hey, if Nintendo's been horrible for third parties, then why do indies flock to Wii U?

1. No it isn't. Games that use newer, modern engines and feature sets have to be completely recoded for the Wii U. Cross-gen games, sure, but not stuff designed to actually take advantage of the new systems' power.

2. Sony's got more, but this is because Wii U uses Unity, I think. Nintendo's pretty easy to work with as far as indies go.

They do?

There's also a buttload of kickstarter projects that have the Wii U in mind for development.

• Thumbs Up 1

I agree that Wii U can actually hit Gamecube numbers or go a little higher than that. Smash Bros. and Mario Kart are system sellers and will drag people in to getting the console. But I think Wii U will be last place this gen, unless XONE does not recover.

I agree that Wii U can actually hit Gamecube numbers or go a little higher than that. Smash Bros. and Mario Kart are system sellers and will drag people in to getting the console. But I think Wii U will be last place this gen, unless XONE does not recover.

And Bayonetta 2

Bayonetta is a good game, but a system seller? I don't think so.

I don't think Bayonetta will sell a bazillion copies, but if it ends up being a good game (it will) and has Nintendo support, it could reach out to the crowd that prefers these types of games.

I know Wonderful101 might not grab everyone's attention but Wonderful101, Donkey Kong, Pikmin 3, and Wonderful101 in combination might.

• Thumbs Up 1

Because FIFA sells millions.

Because Madden sells millions.

Because PGA Tour sells millions.

Because Need For Speed sells millions.

Because Battlefield sells millions.

Because Plants vs Zombies sells millions.

Because Mirror's Edge is freaking awesome!

Only see one good game in that list there.

Still, maybe EA would be fine for the console game wise, but their horrible business practices and their bully tactics they have pushed onto people just make them a horrible company to be associated with is all I'm saying.

So what if this console doesn't end up beating the other two consoles though. It is there and giving us the things we want and that's fine with me. I doubt I'll be getting the other two any time soon. I'll be fine with just the WiiU for now. I tend to play the previous generation long long after it is stopped being the main generation anyway. As long as there are games I want to play, I'll support this system for as long as I can. I loved my Gamecube a lot, and its library is still growing for me. I know the PS2 library is bigger, but I still enjoy playing Gamecube stuff a lot as well. If we don't get a lot of third party support at this very moment, it isn't the end of the world. They may change their mind later or they may not. Either way, its not like Nintendo is just going to crash and burn from this.

Only see one good game in that list there.

ITT - People unintentionally proving that third party Wii U development isn't worth it.

• Thumbs Up 8

Tbh having a second Gamecube sounds like anything but a problem to me if we're also talking about the kind of games that come for it rather than just the sales figures. NGC definitely didn't have the same support as Xbox and PS2 but what it did have was exclusives that ranged everywhere from pretty good to AAA-class.

Need for Speed is only a bad game occasionally. 

Agreed. Rivals looks fun as hell though. Can't forget Mass Effect as well. Yes the ending sucked for 3 but as a series it's a crowning achievement in the sci-fi genre.

Forget mass effect I need a vanquish sequel for my sci-fi fix (that is if sega doesn't own the ip).

Sorry to break up the EA talk, but what good online multiplayer games are there on the Wii U? Since I'm getting one I'm wondering what me and my younger brother can play together! ...if only 3D World had online LOLNO

I'm not sure wat has it a the moment. But I ca probably garuntee Mario kart 8 and Smash Broa will have online

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is a great game to play with mates. Just be aware that it can hit Pokemon levels of timesinking, and getting the best armour and weapons can become something of an obsession pretty quickly.

on the snowboarding front, if Nintendo really wanted an attention grabbing Snowboard game they could always revive 1080

Also if nintendo decided to they have a lot of killer fancises they could revive

It also requires the general public to give a shit.

That being said, F Zero is the only one I can really see being a huge hit if advertised properly. 

• Thumbs Up 1

If Nintendo wants to resurrect a franchise, just go out and ask gamers which of these series on a list they could easily make and see if there is even a market for any of their franchises that they aren't using. If they know there is a market, I wouldn't see why you wouldn't invest in making another game in a series if there was a market for it.

There is market for it and there is demand for it, I think the reason they aren't doing anything with the franchises is because , I think Sakurai said somewhere that they couldn't think of anything new and innovative to make it feel different enough to its predecessors? Someone please correct me if I am wrong :)

Edited by Jolt_TH

It also requires the general public to give a shit.

That being said, F Zero is the only one I can really see being a huge hit if advertised properly.

Star Fox, f-zero and metroid

Star Fox, f-zero and metroid

Was talkin to a friend at work today, and he was like "I wish Nintendo would make a new Star Fox", he plays CoD and other dudebro games and I was like waaaat.

As much as I like F-Zero, the chances of it boosting sales by a lot is about as big of a pipe dream as can be.

Agreed but I'd actually like them to make another f-zero game since they have a better way of making the game(and mainly mainly so Ryan from BSC can shut up)