Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

Thing is Starfox left a huge impression on gamers for multiple reasons, it was actually a challenging, super fun on rails shooter that wasn't afraid to tread into ridiculous territory with it's story and worlds, the game constantly keeps you on your toes, throws an easy level at you, then the next it throws you into a hell gauntlet where you must use the little moves at your disposal to survive.

It was also pretty ground breaking visually for a space shooter for it's time too, and it had full voice acting for each character and an array of enemies, but for me I think atmosphere was a huge factor, each world felt different and not a cut and paste job, from battling in the city of Corneria during an invasion, to flying through a planet as hot as the sun, to stealthing over a planet ruined by mass pollution. Starfox constantly throws challenge and fun objectives at you, and even mixes it up by giving you 3 different vehicles with their own abilities, it also has a path progression system, with many missions having alternate endings leading you down different paths depending on how you did, I'm pretty sure there are 2 different ways to complete each mission too giving it masses of replay value.

Whilst Assault started out looking like a 64/Lylat Wars successor, it fell back down to something I've never really wanted to see from the Starfox series outside of multiplayer, on-foot combat, I honestly wish we got a new game that was just more of the 64 formula with updated graphics and useful gimmicks, but Nintendo don't really care about the Starfox franchise other than re-skinning an older, more successful title into a 3DS port.

I'd probably stop complaining if we seen a HD port come to Wii U though...

• Thumbs Up 2

Remember when CNet said not to get a Wii U? Well, it looks like it's been turned around as the product to get this holiday season.

Reggie does raise good points, but I'm most looking forward to Kingdom Hearts III and XV. Both of which aren't going to be on the Wii U. I will get a Wii U first, and I will still have games like Ghosts and ACIV and WATCH_DOGS (eventually). But yeah, Xbox One, will be my choice for games down the line.

Reggie does raise good points, but I'm most looking forward to Kingdom Hearts III and XV. Both of which aren't going to be on the Wii U. I will get a Wii U first, and I will still have games like Ghosts and ACIV and WATCH_DOGS (eventually). But yeah, Xbox One, will be my choice for games down the line.

Then again, though, if you're looking for JRPG's on the Wii U, here's Monolith Soft's X to keep you drooling:

isDtZIbqRvjcn.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

Then again, though, if you're looking for JRPG's on the Wii U, here's Monolith Soft's X to keep you drooling:

isDtZIbqRvjcn.gif

Y'know, I completely forgot about X. I'll take it.

• Thumbs Up 1

My dew is ready for that sweet new Metroid trailer which is totally happening guys

pls

I can't wait for Metroid: The Other M 2 to be announced!

I actually legitimately want an other m 2 just to see what they can do with the gameplay (and have a better story).

• Thumbs Up 1

I would like Other M 2 as well. I rather enjoyed the first one myself. I know the story wasn't exactly everyone's cup of tea, but some of the excuses for why it was bad, I don't agree with. It was an okay game though, and I did enjoy playing it as well as the many other metroid games I own.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't wait for Metroid: The Other M 2 to be announced!

Then wait because they'll first make Pokemon: Other N for Wii U :V

• Thumbs Up 5

...Really trying to resist the urge to write a huge rant about why people shouldn't want Other M 2 and how it was nothing less of an atrocity to the series.

So how bout that VGA's? Better hear more about Yarn Yoshi and a Smash Bros newcomer trailer.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would love for a trailer (or more news) about SMT X FE to be shown at the VGA's...but false hope.

Wouldn't be surprised if another Smash trailer is shown. 

...Really trying to resist the urge to write a huge rant about why people shouldn't want Other M 2 and how it was nothing less of an atrocity to the series.

So how bout that VGA's? Better hear more about Yarn Yoshi and a Smash Bros newcomer trailer.

Was Other M really that bad?

In order for Nintendo to even have the balls to show up at VGX, they have to have SOMETHING to catch the mostly Xbox and Playstation audience there.

But what could it be? Metroid? Smash? Zelda?

In order for Nintendo to even have the balls to show up at VGX, they have to have SOMETHING to catch the mostly Xbox and Playstation audience there.

But what could it be? Metroid? Smash? Zelda?

F-Zero I think Link Between Worlds will hold the Zelda audience for now. And we've been getting Smash news for a while now. Hopefully Metroid.