Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

Playstation 4 seems to be having a hard time... The Playstation 3 is outselling it...

And Call of Duty Ghosts is #1... I find Battlefield 4 to be better, and it's not on the list. >:V

I think that's the real outrage. Call of Scooby is outselling Battlefield 4. I know it's EA, but at least DICE crafted a great multiplayer experience.

• Thumbs Up 3

Maybe he is right in that there may be more Xbones and that was them selling more of the leftover while the PS4's sold out or something like that. Who knows really. We still expect those two consoles to outsell WiiU right now, since people are going to still be out there buying just to have the consoles because they are the new thing and they would think something it wrong with them if they don't' have the newest and the best right away.

I'm sure the WiiU's numbers will likely be out next week or something maybe? As long as the number of them sold goes up, that's a plus overall. I know some people want to just say gloom and doom in all this, but as long as it is still selling at all, I see that as a positive.

Also, who didn't expect call of Duty to sell the most. Those same people must buy the same game over and over as THEY MUST HAVE THEIR COD! They need to get back online and curse some more with people and such like that.

(PS, I know not everyone does that, but you know a lot of people buy the game just for the same online mode and such again and again)

There's no way in hell the Xbone is outselling the PS4, let alone the PS3 and 360. I refuse to believe that.

It seems unbelievable, I agree but maybe people are chomping at the bit to play Killer Instinct?  

More realistically, I guess the buying public either didn't know, or care about the always online stuff. The XBox in general has a pretty good brand name outside of internet forums, so unless the public were really inflamed by always online/TVTVTVTV they'd probably just buy another xbox. 

Is there a reason why you're sounding kind of spiteful in that post there?

Oh yeah, I wouldn't read too much into it either. They actually still have the DS and 3DS section combined in a lot of stores even, and the 3DS is actually quite the money maker now. If anything it does have something to do with backwards compatibility.

Probably, because like all accounts that seem to get in irrational bizarre arguments out of nowhere, he's talking to to himself

gtEWX4i.png

KMAs1n3.png

Observe the IP field! He's posting from an identical IP address under accounts registered under the same email! Or at least that's my interpretation. That's against the rules yanno

• Thumbs Up 8

Also, who didn't expect call of Duty to sell the most. Those same people must buy the same game over and over as THEY MUST HAVE THEIR COD! They need to get back online and curse some more with people and such like that.

(PS, I know not everyone does that, but you know a lot of people buy the game just for the same online mode and such again and again)

I guess you're right. COD does sell like hotcakes, no matter if it's same game or not. People love their COD. People love their Doritos. People love their Mountain Dew.

• Thumbs Up 5

Same IP? Lmao. It sounded as if one guy was optimistic and the other was downright pessimistic.

Not that I have any thing against COD or Doritos, but my friends eat a bag a day at school... Ugh.

Oh well, congrats for being #1 COD.

Well, I've finally decided to get the Wii U. 

I'm saving up now, but the only question remaining is which Bundle I will get: The Wind Waker bundle or the Mario & Luigi one.

What are the perks of either, and what do you think I should go for? I'm equally inclined to get both as of now.

Go for the Mario and Luigi bundle because it's a better value overall because you get a game and it's really big DLC pack as opposed to just one game. 

Well, I've finally decided to get the Wii U. 

I'm saving up now, but the only question remaining is which Bundle I will get: The Wind Waker bundle or the Mario & Luigi one.

What are the perks of either, and what do you think I should go for? I'm equally inclined to get both as of now.

I wish the mario one had been out when I bought mine back in October, because I would have gone for that one defiantly. If you can get that, I think most people recommend that one, unless you enjoy zelda games more. Though do know the zelda bundle, the zelda game is a digital copy and not a physical, though I'm not sure if that is the same as in the mario one? If you want to just go traditional, then get the Nintendo land one.

Nope, the Mario & Luigi one has the 2 physical discs. I really don't know why Wind Waker was digital.

I have no idea why they did that either. I would have gotten that Wind Waker bundle if it had been a physical copy instead of the Nintendoland one defiantly.

Alright, second question: 

In terms of external memory, should I get an SD card or a thumbdrive/HDD? Either will end up being 64 gigs at least.

Well, there we go. Will HDDs store Wii games, or are they separate?

I'm going to have to buy 2 storage devices, aren't I?

Wii downloadable games and savefiles are incredibly small, so if you have a spare SD card with 1GB or even less, you're completely fine.

Depending on how much you wanna download, you might even not need a SD Card at all.

Maybe he is right in that there may be more Xbones and that was them selling more of the leftover while the PS4's sold out or something like that. Who knows really. We still expect those two consoles to outsell WiiU right now, since people are going to still be out there buying just to have the consoles because they are the new thing and they would think something it wrong with them if they don't' have the newest and the best right away.

I'm sure the WiiU's numbers will likely be out next week or something maybe? As long as the number of them sold goes up, that's a plus overall. I know some people want to just say gloom and doom in all this, but as long as it is still selling at all, I see that as a positive.

I'm sorry but I always see you making this assumption that people are buying things just because they are new, it could be, you know because people like the Xbox/Playstation brand or they like the games for the system? I'm sure a lot were also bought for Christmas presents by family members. I highly doubt someone would buy a system of these prices just because they are new, you'd really have to have a preference or know about the systems/ games themselves before spending upwards of £300-400.

I know your not a big fan of cod, neither am I, but come on man, you really shouldn't make sweeping statements about "COD Players" I'm guessing it sold so much because 1) people were waiting to Black Friday to buy their 360/ps3 copy 2) they bought a copy with their new xbone/ps4.

Nothing wrong with buying a game for online multi, especially one as reliable as cod, if people enjoy it then there is nothing wrong with that. You do come across as really spiteful that other consoles/games you do not like are doing better than ones you do like.

It's possible that it may be like the PS3 terrible launch but maybe a good finish and for goodness sakes VED can you post good news about anything for once?

I'm simply fascinated by the public reaction to it. Bear in mind that I'm saving up for a Wii U myself.