Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

Wii-U Miiverse Trailer

Wii-U Controller Pro (looks bad imo)

ixwprq.jpg

And that NSMB (G-g-g-g-g-orgeous!!!)

I'm hyped for Wii-U

Alright, here's some of the stuff that was at the Direct,

The Wii-U final design of controller, which has been officially named: The Wii-U Gamepad

Controller-1.jpg

Controller-2.jpg

Controller-4.jpg

Controller-5.jpg

Black-Wii-U-Controller.jpg

Black baby.

Also Achievement system on Wii-U?

Wii-U-Achievements.jpg

As you can see in the above image from New Super Mario Bros. Mii on the Wii U, there’s text that reads:

Cleared in under 100 seconds.

There have been rumblings of an achievements system in the Wii U, and this does sort of fit in with that. It could just be a feature for the game itself but with all the talk of Miiverse, this feels like something Nintendo would have added to the system as a whole.

Speaking of which,

Miiverse

Miiverse.jpg

Miiverse is the first thing gamers will see when they boot up the Wii U, but it’s not just an interface. According to Satoru Iwata, it’s a “social window” that “”links player to player, living room to living room”. This is a concept that’s deeply integrated with the entire Wii U experience in multiple ways.

Firstly, via the above interface, you will be able to see the games people are playing from around the world. This includes games you do not own, exposing you to what’s popular at the moment. (You can see how Miis are clumped around various icons for games.)

There’s a messaging system with Swapnote-like functionality. You can type messages, but also draw on the screen. Alongside the messages you’re also able to change the expression of your Mii to better convey your mood. This system will be accessible via the PC and any internet-enabled mobile device at some point in the future, but that particular functionality won’t be available at launch.

The last big feature is that all games can integrate with Miiverse. This allows even single player experiences to be given a sense of connection by, for instance, making it possible to see messages from other people around the world while playing a game. This was shown in the context of New Super Mario Bros. Mii, with players leaving behind notes at the end of a level.

There are 10 pics that show off Miiverse and it's features, which can be viewed here

• Thumbs Up 4

Also Achievement system on Wii-U?

Wii-U-Achievements.jpg

As you can see in the above image from New Super Mario Bros. Mii on the Wii U, there’s text that reads:

Cleared in under 100 seconds.

There have been rumblings of an achievements system in the Wii U, and this does sort of fit in with that. It could just be a feature for the game itself but with all the talk of Miiverse, this feels like something Nintendo would have added to the system as a whole.

anyone else a bit disturbed that the ABXY buttons on the Pro controller are under the right analog? Kind of... nontraditional. Hopefully it isn't awkward to use. Kinda wished they made a glorified version of the Wii Classic Pro controller... but than again... if I can use the classic pro from the Wii, I will be happy.

Well Nintendo has officially reached Stalker status.

Nintendo has sent out voicemails to journalists that asks them creepily

"Have you heard about Wii-U?"

"If not, you will." *Hang-up*

Nintendo's hyping up their E3, Bungie style.

L

Well Nintendo has officially reached Stalker status.

Nintendo has sent out voicemails to journalists that asks them creepily

"Have you heard about Wii-U?"

"If not, you will." *Hang-up*

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1do6PVr4CI&feature=player_embedded

Nintendo's hyping up their E3, Bungie style.

LOOOOOOL!!!!!!! Freaking creepers!! Hahaha that's hysterical.

anyone else a bit disturbed that the ABXY buttons on the Pro controller are under the right analog? Kind of... nontraditional. Hopefully it isn't awkward to use. Kinda wished they made a glorified version of the Wii Classic Pro controller... but than again... if I can use the classic pro from the Wii, I will be happy.

Nope.If it works for the Wii U GamePad, I'm sure it'll work for this.

Makes sense to have the buttons below the analog sticks on the Pro controller, since that how it is on the gamepad. But the gamepad shouldn't have had it that way in the first place. Whatever, Im sure I'll get used to it. Nintendo has never been one to follow a typical controller layout.

I'm more excited for the Wii U now that it seems they've fixed some of my major gripes with the console and controller.

Nope.If it works for the Wii U GamePad, I'm sure it'll work for this.

yea but the other controller choice for the Wii (The classic controller) was significantly different from the standard controller option (Wiimote+chuck). Given, just like others said, we will get use to it eventually, but yeah... maybe I'm speaking too soon, just not use to seeing the "action" buttons underneath any sort of analog/control pad.

Baby Got Black

Wii-U-Pro-Controller-Small.jpg

Looks uncomfortable to me, but I need to see someone playing with it in order to judge.

Oh and thanks Ubisoft, all those Wii-U titles got me hyped for Wii-U. Now it's Nintendo's turn....

TBH I wish it was more Gamecube controllerish and less 360ish. Gamecube control was best control ever, gonna be hard to let go of after using it for two generations.

• Thumbs Up 1

TBH I wish it was more Gamecube controllerish and less 360ish. Gamecube control was best control ever, gonna be hard to let go of after using it for two generations.

Baby Got Black

Wii-U-Pro-Controller-Small.jpg

Looks uncomfortable to me, but I need to see someone playing with it in order to judge.

Oh and thanks Ubisoft, all those Wii-U titles got me hyped for Wii-U. Now it's Nintendo's turn....

Looking at this pic, I'm more reminded of the Genesis controller now.

And does everything have glossy nowadays?

Edited by MarcelloF

Looking at this pic, I'm more reminded of the Genesis controller now.

And does everything have glossy nowadays?

Of course everything has to be glossy nowadays. It's all handheld, and if it wasn't super-glossy, all those fingerprints wouldn't show up!

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm seriously tired of the gloss shit. It would look cool if you didn't actively touch it and get fingerprints everywhere, and the hardware didn't attract dust at an alarming rate.

Edited by Solkia-kun
  • Thumbs Up 2

BIG UPDATE

So we finally have a ton of new information on the Wii-U! Here they are!

First off, the official technical specs for the Wii-U!

Nintendo-Wii-U-Specs.jpg

Nintendo has also confirmed that the Wii-U Gamepad's battery life is 3-5 hours long. There will also be support for 2 Gamepads on the same Wii-U console. And Hulu Plus, Amazon Video, Netflix, and Youtube will be supported on the Wii-U.

And finally, courtesy from Nintendo, the entire Wii-U Launch Games List! Not all will be available on Day-1, but most are in the Launch Window. (In the Spoilers)

2K Sports – NBA 2K13 – Holiday

D3Publisher – Ben 10: Omniverse – Holiday

D3Publisher – Family Party: 30 Great Games (working title) – Holiday

D3Publisher – Rise of the Guardians: The Video Game – Holiday

Electronic Arts – Mass Effect 3 – Holiday

Maximum Games – Jett Tailfin – Holiday

NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc. – TANK! TANK! TANK! – Holiday

NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc. – TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 (working title) – Holiday

Nintendo – LEGO City: Undercover – Holiday

Nintendo – New Super Mario Bros. U – Holiday

Nintendo – NINJA GAIDEN 3: Razor’s Edge – Holiday

Nintendo – Nintendo Land – Holiday

Nintendo – SiNG (working title) – Holiday

Nintendo – Wii U Panorama View (working title) – Holiday

Nintendo – Game & Wario (working title) – Launch Window

Nintendo – Pikmin 3 – Launch Window

Nintendo – Project P-100 (working title) – Launch Window

Nintendo – Wii Fit U – Launch Window

SEGA – Aliens: Colonial Marines – TBA

SEGA – Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed – Holiday

THQ – Darksiders II – Holiday

Ubisoft – Assassin’s Creed III – Holiday

Ubisoft – Just Dance 4 – Holiday

Ubisoft – Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth – Holiday

Ubisoft – Rabbids Land – Holiday

Ubisoft – Sports Connection – Holiday

Ubisoft – Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013 – Holiday

Ubisoft – ZombiU – Holiday

Ubisoft – Rayman Legends – TBA

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment – Scribblenauts Unlimited – Holiday

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment – Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition – Holiday

Broken Rules – Chasing Aurora – Holiday

Frozenbyte – Trine 2: Director’s Cut – Holiday

Gaijin Games – Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien – Holiday

Nicalis – Aban Hawkins & the 1,001 Spikes – Holiday

Pwnee Studios – Cloudberry Kingdom – Holidayctive Entertainment

Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition

EDIT: From Ubisoft

Yves Guillemot, the CEO of Ubisoft has said that, to keep down the development costs for the Wii U, they plan to “port projects for Nintendo’s new console to tablets and smartphones”. This is because they believe the use of touchscreen between the different devices will allow for the experience to be transferred.

He explained that:

The new content you can’t port on the other machines but what you can do is to port it to mobile phones and to tablets. So it’s a way to create content that you will be able to port on the generations of tablets or phones that work well – if you don’t monetise it there you can monetise it on many other platforms.
Edited by Nintendoga

I'm a little confused about the last bit. Do they mean smaller versions of the games? Because it doesn't seem possible to port half the content from the WiiU games.

Nintendo of Japan has posted on Twitter that there’s a price to pay if two Gamepads are active. Frame rates drop to about 30 fps if two are active; any games that really want that extra controller won’t be quite as glass-smooth. On the upside, it’s possible to switch one off with a smooth transition; there won’t be a need for theatrics just to switch to a solo game.

Not surprised. Developers have already spoke about how they wish they could turn off the controller entirely to greatly improve power. Having two sounds like a nice luxury that isn't too necessary. Imagaine playing in 3D with 2 Pads active. That'll kill the game entirely.

Still not impressed at all with the Wii U. I walk away feeling exactly how I felt after E3 last year.

Wii Downloaded Titles Can Be Transferred To Wii-U!

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/technology/2012/06/nintendos-wii-u-gamepad-to-play-old-wii-games-company-says-at-e3/

Fans who have purchased libraries of old games will not lose their downloaded game titles when they decide to upgrade to the new system, a decision in line with how Apple’s iTunes store operates regarding digital downloads of game apps. Moffitt said that there will be a bit of restructuring of how their login IDs/accounts work with the Wii U; he told us, “You will have an individual account based system. Each member of your family might have their own account.”

Each player will have saved gaming preferences, but it is unclear how Wii Virtual Console collections will be assigned to an account for ownership transfers on the Wii U eShop at this point. If this backwards compatibility continues through the next generation of systems, fans may never have to repurchase old games again. That may change if games are reintroduced in high definition (Wii, unlike its competitors, produced standard-definition video), but Nintendo has said nothing on that yet.

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 2