Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

I just want a new Zelda, Metroid, StarFox, F-Zero and for Nintendo to finish that Yoshi game + whatever other surprises are in store. Extra points if Platinum makes the StarFox game, Sega makes F-Zero (again) and Retro makes Metroid.

I just want a new Zelda, Metroid, StarFox, F-Zero and for Nintendo to finish that Yoshi game + whatever other surprises are in store. Extra points if Platinum makes the StarFox game, Sega makes F-Zero (again) and Retro makes Metroid.

I second this one.... though know what would be cool? a F-zero Metroid crossover, imagine the insanity of that?!

I want another 2D Metroid. maybe some 3D perspective sections, but mostly 2D

I'd like one too. Sakamoto messed up the last time, so the reigns of a 2D Metroid should be handed out to someone else.

I could go without a 2D one if not solely because of how tired I am of sidescroller games at this point. I mean I love me some 2D Metroid games, but I could use a bit more 3D games from Nintendo; since DKC and Kirby and NSMB (plus outside of them, all the indie games and Rayman and etc) has run me exhausted of that subgenre.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hmmm 2D metroid could be interesting, but on the other hand what if we got a full 3D crossover of Metroid and F-zero, where you have to go from planet to planet destroying scum, and racing for prizes and money to upgrade your ship, and, but also finding powerups along the way in Chozo caches, and there is an intertwining story line where you play as Captian Falcon in one mode, and Samus in the other, and with races being mandatory in falcons, but not Samus's, and Samus's being FPS, while Captian falcon's is also a brawler

I'd dig a 2D sidescroller drawn ala Rayman Legends instead of the 3D models Nintendo uses these days. It'd be a very nice surprise for any 2D Metroid. Hell, I'd stomach it being an Eshop title if it could do that style. 

Metroid has only done it 5 times, 2 of them being garbage and one of them being extremely polarized in reception.

I'm not saying that Metroid shouldn't try 3D some more, but we haven't had a 2D one in 10 years.

Which ones were garbage? The only one I know of that was nefarious was Other M. I always heard that the Prime trilogy was near-godlike. Don't know much about Hunters, though.

Oh you were talking about 2D Metroid. Funny, there are 5 3D Metroid games and 5 2D Metroid games. 

...so which ones were bad?  :v

I'd dig it if Nintendo stuck all of their small experimental games (and smaller franchises) on the eshop. And all their riskier localizations as well, that'd be sweet. This way they don't spend a lot of money, but still make a good buck back and keep a steady audience. If anything, it can be a nice filler inbetween droughts.

Metroid has only done it 5 times, 2 of them being garbage and one of them being extremely polarized in reception.

I'm not saying that Metroid shouldn't try 3D some more, but we haven't had a 2D one in 10 years.

Metroid 2 isn't, that bad. But I can't tell the second bad one. 

I can guess the polarizing one.

Talking strictly 2D.

Metroid 1, while a classic, quite frankly controls like shit and plays like shit.

Metroid 2 is pretty uninspired and reptitive. Not a lot of Metroid fans like it.

Super MEtroid is universally praised.

Metroid Fusion... while I personally like it, a lot of people don't because of how streamlined it is.

Zero Mission is awesome, but a lot of the elitist pricks at MEtroid Recon think it's a piece of shit to the point that they decided to remake the remake oas a Super Metroid hack.

So yeah. that's basically the current 2D Metroid situation.

Talking strictly 2D.

Metroid 1, while a classic, quite frankly controls like shit and plays like shit.

Metroid 2 is pretty uninspired and reptitive. Not a lot of Metroid fans like it.

Super MEtroid is universally praised.

Metroid Fusion... while I personally like it, a lot of people don't because of how streamlined it is.

Zero Mission is awesome, but a lot of the elitist pricks at MEtroid Recon think it's a piece of shit to the point that they decided to remake the remake oas a Super Metroid hack.

So yeah. that's basically the current 2D Metroid situation.

Well, there's a difference from aging badly and being bad. It was good for the time.

Sharing with VisionaryBlur's point, I think it's already enough with the discussion on the oh-so doomed status of the Wii U and Nintendo, or at least from my part. I have been in the community since last month, and God knows how many times the whole "Wii U is a failure" debate has been brought up only to fall into a constant loop of arguments that end up leading to nothing, especially after this thread is holding up 570 pages!

Yes, we know the console is in a very dire situation, we know such status is in the news and cannot be ignored, but do we have to be constantly reminded about all this alongside Nintendoomed cries while fueling more pessimism whenever something bad happens to Nintendo and the Wii U? And I am not saying this to anyone in particular here in this thread, I am expressing this in general: after how the mainstream video game media constantly trash Nintendo by coming up with clickbait articles full of bullshit while the horde of naysayers and haters keep fueling the hate, the least I want to hear or see is more of the same crap.

I pretty much stated my points about the console status, and therefore I remain optimistic on how Nintendo will turn things around. It's what I expect after spending £200 on the console back in March: I want them to bring really good games, I want to be excited and anticipated on the titles we will get in the future, I want Nintendo to prove me that the investment I have done is worthy in the long-term. And of course, share all my thoughts on the console and the games with other users. That's all I ask.

EDIT: And since you guys are mentioning what games you wish the Wii U should have... well, any Nintendo IP is always welcomed (ie. Metroid, Star Fox, F-Zero), plus whatever Platinum, SEGA or Namco amongst the many 2nd party developers partnered with Nintendo can cook up. Better said, a healthy catalog of brilliant, varied, and exclusive games that will help the Wii U to build a legacy at the end of its lifespan. =)

Edited by Kaabiitorori

I'd personally just suggest a 2D Metroid on a portable while giving the Wii U a 3D game. Like said, I enjoy 2D games but I'm just burnt out on them at the moment. Either a return to Prime or a new take (that isn't Other M) would be pretty dang neat.

• Thumbs Up 1

do I seriously need to say it a third time or are people just ignoring me again.

I'm new to this current pointless conflict so I guess you might need to do the former. Now what was your take and opinion on this situation?

After other m I probably wouldn't mind another third person 3D metroid as long as they can retain the multiple paths and stuff that were in the other ones or maybe just a new 2D metroid that does something new since most of the metroids kind of play it really safe (just like zelda and mario but recent games seem to have rid me of that apprehension) so it would be nice if they did something (that doesn't involve turning into a giant samus) unique with it. 

I want to know more about the Steel Diver F2P game and Miyamoto's Secret Project.

I'm guessing his secret project is

Wii Music U MWAHAHAHAH

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/01/video_please_dont_let_this_wii_u_star_fox_footage_get_your_hopes_up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PawA6Re-HCE

You don't play with my heart like that. That is a terrible thing to do because I know its fake you hurtful people. I swear to God I will become destroyer of worlds. Don't toy with me, hoaxers. For God will come to reap the sinners and good lord I just wanna cry NINTENDO GET PLATINUM WORKING ON A NEW STARFOX

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm new to this current pointless conflict so I guess you might need to do the former. Now what was your take and opinion on this situation?

The squabble is already over, but the post is the third from last post on page 568

I can't wait for another riveting performance at this years E3! 

oh my god. I'm now imagining this guy 

1IYM.gif

with a wii u gamepad on his head

Iwata and Miyamoto standing around him, passionately singing "I'm Sorry"

nintendoland fireworks in the background as reggie runs around the stage in a purple pikmin costume

elephants march in through the backdoors adorned with bright red overalls

wii u saved

• Thumbs Up 6

So, if anyones willing to talk about it, here are my basic thoughts on a F-Zero/Metroid Crossover

A) First off, one of the central focus's is that both Samus and Captian Falcon are bounty hunters, but they also have skills in other areas two

B) Not going super deep into plot, I wouldnt be the one making it anyways :P but basic idea is this: Samsu and a group of Federation ships(and possibly some other bounty hunters) are chasing a group of Space Pirates including Ridley(and possibly a mastermind and another boss guy or two), and they get sucked through a rift in space that takes them to the F-zero universe, where the pirates team up with a group of F-zero villians, and the federation soliders end up offering their services to the local goverment, and the other bbounty hunters are spread around, and Samus encounters Captian Falcon, who challenges her to a race, and thats where the game starts

C) 2 storymodes, one with Samus, one with Captian Falcon, both crossing over in plently of places, with Samus's focusing more on exploring, platforming, and shooting(with both 2Dand 3D, while Captian Falcon focus's on racing, and hunting down specific targets, with a focus on brawling with weapon assits as well.   There would be segments were one has to focus on the other gameplays, but each has their own specialty

D) both have equipment to collect and upgrade, and have to either win races, buy or find them.

So yeah, thats what I got, what do you guys think, and what do you guys think would work with this sort of crossover

In all honesty, it sounds like a lame idea.

I like my Samus' to go pew pew, and my F-Zero to go ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!

Now Samus in Mario Kart...That would be awesome.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wii Music 2 is renamed to "Music For U" , sells eighteen billion copies on the concept alone that they made a good pun. Nintendo is saved, Sony commits sudoku, Microsoft goes into the flower shop business while Sega pisses on Sonic again.

But no really, if there's anything I think that could really make the Wii U sell a good lot better than it has, it's a solid lineup of first party titles. I'm sure if people were convinced that there was a long list of AAA first party games with loads of variety then they'd be more than happy to pay the price of admission.

I'm just itching for StarFox, Metroid, F-Zero and Zelda so bad. Kirby and Yoshi too, definitely even, but I could wait on those. I just need my fix on those first four.

• Thumbs Up 6