Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

In all honesty, it sounds like a lame idea.

I like my Samus' to go pew pew, and my F-Zero to go ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!

Now Samus in Mario Kart...That would be awesome.

honestly even without a full crossover I believe Samus would fit F-zero a WHOOOOOLLLLEEEE lot better than mario kart, advanced tech and high speeds(she is a gunship pilot) VS lowtech slow karts.... ya F-zero all the way, but again a full crossover would create a LOOOOTTT more hype

if we ever get another F-zero that is :(

I think fans would rather Nintendo repair the Metroid IP with another decent game to wash Other M out of the fanbases system.

Even if they re-re-released a HD edition for Wii U of the original Prime trilogy :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Samus in F-Zero? Holy Shit, I'd buy 10 copies.

Yeah even if they don't go all the way and doa  huge crossover game I think samus would fit right in witha  modified version of her ship. It'd be a cool touch, even if it's a cheeky wink/nod like Mario/Mr EAD and James Mc Cloud's presence in the races.

• Thumbs Up 1

To be fair, her Varia suit in Prime is literally tankish, the size of her Arm cannon, much bulkier shoulder pads, even her chest and helmet seems chunkier.

But I agree, I miss all of the details on her Prime Varia suit.

To be fair, her Varia suit in Prime is literally tankish, the size of her Arm cannon, much bulkier shoulder pads, even her chest and helmet seems chunkier.

I know that Metroid is not remotely about realism, but it seemed to be that the designers of Samus' suits for the Prime games made at least a cursory attempt at it. The only other way she'd fit into the damn thing would be if it were Time Lord technology, rather than Chozo tech; bigger on the inside.

I want to know more about the Steel Diver F2P game and Miyamoto's Secret Project.

I'm guessing his secret project is

Wii Music U MWAHAHAHAH

I could use more info on Steel Diver: Subwars, too. I still play the original even now; still shocked the game's getting a sequel even if it's a F2P one. The multi-player focus will be interesting to see since I never thought Steel Diver would work as a multi-player game.

So, if anyones willing to talk about it, here are my basic thoughts on a F-Zero/Metroid Crossover

A) First off, one of the central focus's is that both Samus and Captian Falcon are bounty hunters, but they also have skills in other areas two

cool.png Not going super deep into plot, I wouldnt be the one making it anyways tongue.png but basic idea is this: Samsu and a group of Federation ships(and possibly some other bounty hunters) are chasing a group of Space Pirates including Ridley(and possibly a mastermind and another boss guy or two), and they get sucked through a rift in space that takes them to the F-zero universe, where the pirates team up with a group of F-zero villians, and the federation soliders end up offering their services to the local goverment, and the other bbounty hunters are spread around, and Samus encounters Captian Falcon, who challenges her to a race, and thats where the game starts

C) 2 storymodes, one with Samus, one with Captian Falcon, both crossing over in plently of places, with Samus's focusing more on exploring, platforming, and shooting(with both 2Dand 3D, while Captian Falcon focus's on racing, and hunting down specific targets, with a focus on brawling with weapon assits as well.   There would be segments were one has to focus on the other gameplays, but each has their own specialty

D) both have equipment to collect and upgrade, and have to either win races, buy or find them.

So yeah, thats what I got, what do you guys think, and what do you guys think would work with this sort of crossover

I can't say that I think it would work unless it was just Samus joining in the F-Zero Grand Prix to race or something, with a role in a F-Zero story and a few Metroid themed tracks.

But shoot, at this point, I don't care if Nintendo designed a collab with F-Zero and Nintendogs. I'd probably still buy it at this point. I am very... VERY desperate for a new F-Zero game these days. Yeah, Fast Racing Neo is coming, but I need my daily cup of Falcon Punch by actually controlling a F-Zero race car.

I know this doesn't have anything to do with Metroid or F-Zero but...

52dcaba118cf7.png

I'm sorry after giggling like a little schoolgirl for a whole minute I had to make this a thing

• Thumbs Up 9

So what are the chances that Nintendo will puss out of E3 again????

Honestly I don't think they can afford to this time, lol.

At this rate Nintendo would need to literally hijack other people's conferences to get significant attention

I don't can afford to either

At this rate Nintendo would need to literally hijack other people's conferences to get significant attention

"YO WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT HALO 7, MY BODY IS READY FOR LANKY KONG"

"GODDAMMIT WHO LET REGGIE ON THE STAGE AGAIN"

• Thumbs Up 5

Real talk though that Zelda game needs to impress.

It's one of the few IPs they have that releases common enough to be reliable but not to the point where people has stopped taking it seriously.

I don't can afford to either

"YO WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT HALO 7, MY BODY IS READY FOR LANKY KONG"

"GODDAMMIT WHO LET REGGIE ON THE STAGE AGAIN"

This would be the greatest thing.

I know that Metroid is not remotely about realism, but it seemed to be that the designers of Samus' suits for the Prime games made at least a cursory attempt at it. The only other way she'd fit into the damn thing would be if it were Time Lord technology, rather than Chozo tech; bigger on the inside.

A plausible way of thinking about it...Until she turns into a morph ball and all sense of realism goes out the window. I mean, I understand it's Chozo technology but at least Other M's suit design looks like it'd transition from suit to ball form well, Prime's however doesn't due to how big, bulky and detailed it is.

Even the morph ball loses the shoulder nubs Solkia was talking about.

I wasn't really even talking about Prime specifically, I'm just talking about the Varia Suit in general.

The one in Other M looks stupid without the shoulder nubs.

Personally, I thought Nintendo's showing at last E3 was way better than more than a few of their previous years. It just wasn't on-stage... Which a lot of people got hung up about, nevermind that it was a great showing, it was probably second-best after Sony.

If they're doing another Direct for E3, they should make the effort to make it known to bloody well everyone. I personally think the Nintendo Direct format is better than the stage one, less filler and more good stuff.

I don't see why they can't just do that on stage. I don't care about it myself, but I do know that the Conferences are still valued by many.

Well, first they have to pay for the stage time, then they have to pay for the props, it isn't cheap to do an on-stage conference. It's cheaper to do it the way they did.

Unfortunately it alienates them by removing the exposure E3 gives off.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's why they did it in the first place. Though I don't see how chart talking actually contributes to making an actual conference worth their while. Then again, I'm not big on Business so I'm fairly ignorant to this.

Edit: Maybe I just outgrew E3 or something. The past 4 or so years of it, for me, have bored me to tears 90% of the time (this is from everyone, including Nintendo). The Direct wasn't perfect, but it kept me more interested somehow.

I think that had more to do with the fact that, for some stupid reason, a lot of people thought they weren't having any kind of conference at all.

The lack of exposure problem would be completely solved if they made sure everybody was aware that the gamers part of their conference was going to be entirely online via stream, and that the buisnessy stuff would be separate so the gamers won't be bored. Nintendo Direct is a much nicer and cleaner presentation, and considering it's all pre-recorded, there's much less room for fuckups.

Well, you can't really be a first-party developer and not show up at the biggest western gaming event of the year and expect things to be easy.

Nope, especially considering it's the games media's bread and butter so of course they're going to give you a ton of shit for passing.