Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

We've been down tha road already. Monster Hunter alone can't cement them as a profitable company.

They made a shitton of money on MH4........which they then used to make more Mobile divisions :l

They made a shitton of money on MH4........which they then used to make more Mobile divisions :l

Japan is currently obsessed with mobile gaming, the fact that Capcom are investing more in it and Nintendo aren't is probably why Nintendo are lower.

AHHAHAHAHA yeah um sorry but when I see that Capcom is a stronger company than facking Nintendo I'm not sure if I should be trusting that. Bamco, yes. Capcom? Hell no! Like Solkia said, those guys are doing reaaaally bad, far worse than Nintendo.

• Thumbs Up 6

>Candy Crush Saga above Monster Hunter 4, MGR: Revengance, Pokemon X/Y, TW101, GT6,  Tomb Raider, and Bioshock Infinite >Cookie Clicker is on the list

What the freakin' hell? How is that even possible? Who voted on this crap?

>Candy Crush Saga above Monster Hunter 4, MGR: Revengance, Pokemon X/Y, TW101, GT6,  Tomb Raider, and Bioshock Infinite >Cookie Clicker is on the list

What the freakin' hell? How is that even possible? Who voted on this crap?

The Last of Us is on top, so I'm satisfied.

hey at least they got the most important part right

:P

• Thumbs Up 1

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a545578/wii-u-premium-price-slashed-by-gbp120-at-argos-amazon.html

Price cuts for the Wii U premium, unofficial though, with Argos and Amazon selling it for £179.99 apiece.

Actually kind miffed that it wasn't that long since I bought it, although it was the Mario + Luigi pack and Amazon are still charging the same as how much I paid for it last November (£239).

The Last of Us is on top, so I'm satisfied.

hey at least they got the most important part right

:P

Meh, I'd be more satisfied if hotline Miami or even Animal Crossing made it higher on the list than that. Nothing against TLOU but it really didn't seem like GOTY to me.

A Link Between Worlds is all the way at the bottom, so obviously I can't take it seriously.

I don't care about the fact that it was only out a day over there by the time of the article. :U

• Thumbs Up 2

EA source on Wii U: “Nintendo was dead to us very quickly”

http://nintendoeverything.com/ea-source-on-wii-u-nintendo-was-dead-to-us-very-quickly/

“Nintendo was dead to us very quickly. It became a kids IP platform and we don’t really make games for kids. That was pretty true across the other labels too. Even the Mass Effect title on Wii U, which was a solid effort, could never do big business, and EA like Activision is only focused on games that can be big franchises”.

Fuck you EA. The Wii U dodged a bullet IMO because now you really don't give a crap about your big franchises. Look at how you treated Battlefield 4! Your juggernaut FPS is now a laughing stock because you REALLY wanted to "compete with CoD" SO badly that you released it unfinished. Look at this piece of crap!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUujyziBYWs

SimCity as well is completely atrocious too, and both games were released in the same year! So as far as I'm concerned, the Wii U will be better off without your games.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know whether to believe it or not, but how fricking underhanded is it to wait until after Nintendo talked about losses to make a comment like that? Like some kind of schoolyard behaviour "Well, WE always knew Nintendo were no good, haha, neener neener, they're for babies!"

Personally hope it's not a real quote just because it makes me depressed in humanity to think it's real. That an actual "professional" person said that.

Mass Effect 3 was a very solid effort. Releasing a year old game a full price at the same time as other consoles got the complete trilogy for more or less the same price was a genius move.

Exactly. But of course it's the Wii U's fault.

And this is exactly what I meant by most of the problems with the Wii U not being the graphics power, but because of the way it's advertised. If the Wii U was refocused to be a more all-audiences console then maybe they'd change their mind.

btw "It became a kids IP platform and we don’t really make games for kids" made them sound like 500x bigger tools than they already are, good job EA

• Thumbs Up 9

That said, Wii U really didn't dodge a bullet, Krazy Bean. Like it or not, EA's game are pretty important, especially when most others are also refusing to release games on it.

*sigh*...True. I guess I'm just pissed because I got ripped the hell off when I bought Brokenfield 4 at launch.

And this is exactly what I meant by most of the problems with the Wii U not being the graphics power, but because of the way it's advertised. If the Wii U was refocused to be a more all-audiences console then maybe they'd change their mind.

btw "It became a kids IP platform and we don’t really make games for kids" made them sound like 500x bigger tools than they already are, good job EA

The weirdest thing about that is back then the Wii U was being advertised as an all-audience console, a console more about core games, especially around its launch. They only doubled back onto the kids angle over the last half a year because they completely failed to capture the "all-audience audience".

So what this person is saying is weird as fuck.

While I think EA unfortunately is needed to sell consoles, I get annoyed when I read stuff like this...EA stop making excuses if you don't want to make games for the Wii U because of money don't say it's because you don't make games for kids. While I believe a great majority of the Wii U audience is Kids, most probably is same the same case for you(especially on consoles).

Even worse is when you are comparing yourself to Activison of all Companies, you know the same guys who created Skylanders franchise, and let's not forget COD as well... 

EA's important to have because Mirror's Edge, SSX and Mass Effect are great franchises. Can't say much else though.

IF nintendo did a new 1080 game the loss of SSX wouldnt be an issue

Honestly I don't think they do need EA. They just need to make sports games that tell EA's shitty ones to fuck off like Sega did.

Why are sports games so popular anyways? When I play them all it does is make me wish I was playing an actual sport.

• Thumbs Up 8