Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

Not a massive deal breaker if true, but I think I'd like my U in black.Not totally sure though. I'm kind of bored of black and white systems. It's why it was so refreshing to have the 3DS launch in blue.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, totally. I'd love to have seen the Wii U come in colors like purple or red. That's what I like about the Gamecube launch, it came in three different colors, two of them being non-typical console colors.

• Thumbs Up 1

I guess the guy in that Wii U promo (or Non-Specific Action Figure?) has the power to control time and space because I'm pretty sure he was getting responses to his post on Miiverse immediately after making it. Not 30 minutes later.

Shoutouts to false advertising.

Edited by Chooch

Though it wouldn't bug me too much because I never really cared much about the system anyway, this just goes to show that Nintendo still wants to babysit us. Only time will tell how heavily that stance is going to affect everything else at this point; I'm guessing the whole "random matches on Kid Icarus with no possible means of adding or even communicating with the people you play with" system is here to stay. Swell.

• Thumbs Up 3

This should be a parental control feature, so all messages you send have to be approved and all messages shown on your system have to have been approved as well. And if you disable that, then you can recieve any message form anyone, and even then you should be able to filter it so it's only people on your friends list. Holy fuck they seriously don't want to do online right.

I'd rather it be online permanently if it means I don't get "PENIS PENIS PENIS" showing up on my screen every 5 seconds. No thanks. No thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd rather it be online permanently if it means I don't get "PENIS PENIS PENIS" showing up on my screen every 5 seconds. No thanks. No thanks.

So you're saying you'd like to keep the parental control feature on? k, no problem with that. I don't see why the monitoring should be forced though, why you can't manage who's messages are displayed and why you can't turn on some sort of auto-filter so you don't get "PENIS PENIS PENIS".

• Thumbs Up 3

AMD Radeon HD GPU doesn't tell me shit... for all I know it could be an equivalent to a shitty 6770. Rest assured people will be idiots and post random stuff on the Wii U message thing or whatever even with "moderation". Flash memory... um... yay...

Edited by Silencer Tsundere

I'm actually kind of glad there is some sort of monitoring service. I'm sure a good chunk of people watching the Wii U trailer were thinking "First thing I see on there is going to be a penis picture, isn't it?"

Depending on how the launch goes, I'm sure that screening process will either get faster or slower.

Also, there's a new rumor that the initial closer WAS going to be Retro's new game but, very close to E3 they said they were not ready to show it yet. Y U FAIL US, RETRO.

Why would the model on the show floor be so different to the model they've shown off to the rest of the world? Not sure which I prefer, but on the one from the show floor the analogue sticks look too close to the edges. Both look very comfy otherwise, and I love the gloss. Sod fingerprints, gloss is always pretty.

Edited by Blue Blood

Considering that recent episode on Extra Credits about online abuse in gaming I'm pretty cool with Nintendo taking this radical stance on it. I agree it should have an opt out ability though.

Frankly I'm more scared of spoilers than penis penis penis.

• Thumbs Up 4

I was going to say the N word too, which will probably actually be more popular than "PENIS PENIS PENIS" but, you know.

Damn that's a shit ton of gloss.

The controller shape is kind of Sega-ish. I like it.

First, I'll post this so I can get it out of the way. It was the first thing I thought of too when I saw that they were going to allow messages to be posted in games:

[media=]

Second: That new controller looks like is a fingerprint magnet. I know it will not stay glossy black for long from previous experience with other shiny black electronics that has succumbed to my hands. Not really a good choice if you want to keep something that doesn't look like it's been manhandled by a kindergarten class.

Why they don't just use automated filters is beyond me, I guess pictochat is the issue but still. Toggleable on/off swear filters work pretty dang well in most other online games

I'm going to guess there's automated swear filters for typed out messages but, you can also draw or handwrite messages, which is where the problem would be. I certainly have sympathy for the guy who has to filter out all the poorly drawn dicks.