Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

I stand corrected, then. Thanks.

By New Years, are you referring to January? Or the Chinese New Year?

yes to January 1st

... Then doesn't the same point still apply? PS4 launched in the middle of February and the Wii U launched right before a huge holiday. If Chinese New Years is no big deal then what difference does it make if the big day is Christmas or six days later?

So I've been playing Rayman Legends today.....just wow. This game, simply put, is incredible. In my opinion, it puts NSMB (1, Wii, and 2) to shame in every single way. The level design really flows and never feels repetitive. The graphics are absolutely gorgeous, it's almost as if they're hand drawn (are they?). The soundtrack is really catchy too, no god damn "BAH BAH"s. One of my favourite levels (and music tracks) so far is Castle Rock.

Really recommend it whether you're a platforming fan or just looking for something to play on Wii U.

The level design really flows and never feels repetitive.

What's funny about this sentence is that the same thing can be said about NSMB. Especially U and NSLU.

NSMBU had flowing level design most of the time, but previous entries didn't really have that. I did like NSMBU, it was just the other entries that I didn't really like...

NSMBU had flowing level design most of the time, but previous entries didn't really have that. I did like NSMBU, it was just the other entries that I didn't really like...

Fair enough, lol.

I'm surprised to see that you're enjoying the game a lot. Most people I've talked to said that Legends really wasn't all that great, especially compared to Origins.

Fair enough, lol.

I'm surprised to see that you're enjoying the game a lot. Most people I've talked to said that Legends really wasn't all that great, especially compared to Origins.

That's surprising considering it received critical acclaim....mind you, Legends got some bad press for the delays and the transition to multiplatform. Still a great game though.

... Then doesn't the same point still apply? PS4 launched in the middle of February and the Wii U launched right before a huge holiday. If Chinese New Years is no big deal then what difference does it make if the big day is Christmas or six days later?

It may have something to do with the rising mobile market and the lack of games more than anything. The hype train wasn't really too focused on providing promotion on the Japanese side and Sony realized they had nothing to really give Japanese fans except KH 3 and Final Fantasy XIV (and while those are big games there, they're not super big these days). 

There was nothing being drummed up for the season, and Sony realized it may have been a lost cause to promote it in Japan so soon.

Japanese players are the type to wait for "the one game" before buying in droves, especially in this rising mobile market. 

hey looky here, subliminal free advertising in a new pop song by a newcomer.... if it sticks nintendo will become even more stuck in the heads of people then it already is biggrin.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXCWzN51_Zw&feature=player_embedded

Oh and new comer for madmen(working title) football ALL HAIL CAESAR

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/224280-ae-games-reveals-julius-caesar-for-mad-men-football

AE Games is pleased to release its latest character concept sketch, done by David Tenorio who is doing the concept art for Mad Men Football. It reveals the next "player" to join the roster for another team in Mad Men Football, in addition to George Washington who was revealed last month!

Mad%20Men%20Football%20Wii%20U%20Julius%

"If you're sick of betrayal, tune in to this teaser.

He hopes not to fail, hail (Mary pass from) Julius Caesar!

We hope the Ides of March, found you well!"

"Julius Caesar will now be leading his legions to "battle" not on typical battlefields, but instead on football fields! Julius Caesar will be throwing a football down the field to break his "enemies'" defenses, instead of throwing a javelin (or, a pilum as some history fans may refer to it)! What historical figure will join the Mad Men Football roster next? Only time will tell..."

How about we see some actual footage or a screenshot? Or would that reveal how bad the game is a bit too early?

• Thumbs Up 3

I honestly seriously doubt AE games is actually a thing.

Or maybe that's just wishful thinking.

Wow, Todd Carrey looks a lot like Jim Carrey.....

"Melly Clistmes!"

On the subject of that football game....I dunno, they need to show off some gameplay or a trailer.

It's a concept image. May look different in the final version.

Looks interesting but we still need some in-game footage to back up AE's talk. Although as of now, I am enticed.

I don't have any interest in sports games, let alone football. I never bought SEGA Superstars Tennis because I just don't get enjoyment out of these kinds on games. And lets be honest, I could just play the actual sport. The closest thing I've played to a sports game is the Mario & Sonic series, and even then, those are pretty much party games.

In my opinion, if AE Games wanted to be taken seriously when they pretty much challenged other 3rd parties, they should have made something a lot more captivating and impressive.

Can we at least agree the artwork is pretty cool looking?

It's neat, yeah. But they already said it was just a result of Mr. AE Games (it's one guy, iirc) hiring a freelance artist to draw concept art.

It's neat, yeah. But they already said it was just a result of Mr. AE Games (it's one guy, iirc) hiring a freelance artist to draw concept art.

Wait...it's just one guy?

I'm fucking dying....

But seriously, is this game even real, or is it a pipedream? Does this guy have any experience in game development?

So what exactly is this supposed to be? I know it's Mario vs DK, but what is this web thing they're talking about? Nintendo doesn't know what an internet is.

EDIT: Oh so Javascript / HTML5 games. OK.

Also this is probably also a teaser for Mario Series Wii U Game # 30283829. :v

Another Mario vs. Donkey Kong game? Have some interest since found the series to be quite decent providing the price is right. While prefer the original game since it is based off the Game Boy Donkey Kong game, the latter ones do have better art direction and seem okay for a casual puzzle/Lemmings type of game. Guessing that this is NST's next game then.

Most likely it is going to be an eShop title like the last but different 3D one and the one on DSiWare (that later had a retail sequel or semi-sequel called Mini-Game Mayhem!). Just can't see this going to be a retail release.

I like Mario vs Donkey Kong, but it's more like a bargain bin pickup to play for a few days than anything.

I like Mario vs Donkey Kong, but it's more like a bargain bin pickup to play for a few days than anything.

perhaps it will take the 15 buck Dr Luigi approach

Mario vs Donkey Kong is so much fun.

The 3DS one was nothing like the older ones. I'd pick up the Wii U classic version in a heartbeat if it came out.

Kinda like Lemmings. Me like; I've always loved Lemmings. Granted I knew it was similar to Lemmings but I've never seen it in action until now. Its not quite the same, though, because instead of having the characters on screen build things you're closing up hazards yourself. Personally I still prefer Lemmings to this but it does look cool.