Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

Mario vs Donkey Kong was the sequel.

Look up Donkey Kong GB. It's the same game with Pauline instead.

I remember playing the first Mario vs DK a while back after reading it was the sequel to Donkey Kong GB. Was kinda disappointed, but it wasn't bad.

DKGB is all around one of the best platformers I've ever played though, so yeah when do we get a Virtual Console release of that? I mean, we already got boatloads of Mario stuff on Wii U's eShop, might as well add one of the best ones while we're going with that. :v

• Thumbs Up 1

Mario vs Donkey Kong was the sequel.

Look up Donkey Kong GB. It's the same game with Pauline instead.

>implying I'm not aware of that one

Yeah

well

I want another one

• Thumbs Up 4

Honestly I'd like to see how it's play if they moved it out of 2D.

They've been able to do that with every franchise they have, they could do it with MvsDK

• Thumbs Up 1

They've been able to do that with every franchise they have, they could do it with MvsDK

I second this, actualy it would be cool if they did it with the DKjr and DK3 styles as well.... I mean I had considered doing a for fun concept project about redoing the classic games with improved gameplay.... but perhaps maybe I could mess around with a concept or two of turning the original 3 DK games into 3D style gameplay

only problem with doing it with DKvs Mario is making it something more than just a constrained version of normal 3-D mario games, on the other hand DKjr and DK3 could create something quite interesting

Mario vs DK in 3D... like, platforming style or March of the Minis style? 

Trying to visualize how that would work with those mechanics. Could be pretty cool.

They've been able to do that with every franchise they have

Except Kirby. >.>

Except Kirby. >.>

technicly there was airride, however the problem with moving Kirby into true 3-d open enviroment its that it would dilute a lot of the things that make kirby kirby, oh and there was that kirby pool/golf game

Yeahhh Kirby doesn't work well in 3D, guys. Remember Kirby's Air Ride City Trial when you don't have anything to ride on? Well, imagine a Kirby game just like that...

It would probably never work.

Well if we're talking the original DKGB and the first MvsDK, you're basically asking for Mario 64 as a puzzle game. Isn't that where almost all of his parkour abilities originated at?

Mario 64 + Puzzles with keys = Donkey Kong GB / Mario vs Donkey Kong : 3D Edition

It basically creates itself. Put it on 3DS and you got a bestseller waiting to happen.

Yeahhh Kirby doesn't work well in 3D, guys. Remember Kirby's Air Ride City Trial when you don't have anything to ride on? Well, imagine a Kirby game just like that...

It would probably never work.

That's not even a remotely fair comparison. If we were to follow this logic I could just point to Sonic R and Sonic Riders as evidence to why a Sonic 3D platformer could never possibly work. They're games built for racing, of course they don't fucking control properly as traditional platformers.

• Thumbs Up 8

That's not even a remotely fair comparison. If we were to follow this logic I could just point to Sonic R and Sonic Riders as evidence to why a Sonic 3D platformer could never possibly work. They're games built for racing, of course they don't fucking control properly as traditional platformers.

Basically this, plus the fact that in air ride you would only want to get off in city trial just to mess around (and maybe do some precise exploring). As for if 3D would work in a kirby game, im not sure.

Did Kirby Air Ride even control properly as a racer? I only played it once, but I remember fighting the controls more than F-Zero X on the pipelines.

Did Kirby Air Ride even control properly as a racer? I only played it once, but I remember fighting the controls more than F-Zero X on the pipelines.

Yeah, it depends on which air ride you pick though (they all have different positives and negatives) and it had a simple enough control scheme that you could play it with one hand while drinking some pepsi.

I actually imagined a Kirby game made in a similar style to Super Mario 3D World would work really well. They move around the exact same speed as Kirby characters would; now pretty much just take that kind of level design / feel, introduce Kirby's mechanics and make the controls more beat-em-up centric and there you go. Kirby game.

Air Ride actually controlled pretty nice. Some vehicles steered really badly but that was because they had a steep learning curve to them. Most from what I remember actually controlled alright enough, though.

And yeah, like ZX said, it was a one-button game so it was really simple to get grips with at least for me, although that made it suffer from SA2 Syndrome (drift, charge boost, hold for a jump all on the same button). At least that didn't interfere enough to make it play badly.

• Thumbs Up 3

You got a point there. But what I'm saying is, like Sonic R, the 3D platforming didn't work too great in those games. Although I really like Azookara's idea of making a Kirby game which is similar to the Super Mario 3D games. And now that I think about it, one of the games HAL was working on years ago was going to be a Kirby 3D platformer! Lookie

2_1319679629.jpg

You got a point there. But what I'm saying is, like Sonic R, the 3D platforming didn't work too great in those games. Although I really like Azookara's idea of making a Kirby game which is similar to the Super Mario 3D games. And now that I think about it, one of the games HAL was working on years ago was going to be a Kirby 3D platformer! Lookie

2_1319679629.jpg

You... you don't know how devastated this game's cancellation makes me feel.

And without Sakurai's involvement? Whoa, HAL, what are you guys on.

You... you don't know how devastated this game's cancellation makes me feel.

And without Sakurai's involvement? Whoa, HAL, what are you guys on.

Ikr? I wish they could've released that instead of Triple Deluxe! ;-; Maybe for a future game though?

And uh..the last Kirby game Sakurai worked on was Kirby Air Ride, but even without Sakurai's help I think HAL has done a splendid job with the Kirby games. =] Kirby Epic Yarn, Kirby Mass Attack, Return to Dreamland...all really good games.

2_1319679629.jpg

actualy, they said they cancelled it because it got too big and boring, and that the concept wasnt working