Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

Advance Wars is declaring war on the Wii U eShop in Europe on 3rd April!

GBA games are finally coming to Wii U, starting with the absolutely classic Advance Wars in just over a week. I am very excited for this one, I just hope the prices aren't too extortionate.

If it comes to the US, and is priced decently, I may pick it up... I wonder if Nintendo might start their new pricing system with this one, they did mention making adjustments

Also bump up the chances of a SSB advance wars rep

It really grinds my shit that they haven't released GBA games for the 3DS yet

Let's fucking look at this:

• More people own a 3DS than a Wii U
  • They had a working GBA emulator for the 3DS years ago and already conveted numerous titles for the ambassadors program

Leave the handheld ports to the handhelds and leave the console ports to the consoles ya dumbasses.

• They had a working GBA emulator for the 3DS years ago and already conveted numerous titles for the ambassadors program

Leave the handheld ports to the handhelds and leave the console ports to the consoles ya dumbasses.

Thats exactly the point, extra draw to the wii-u, which can use all the buyers it needs(do have some GBA and DS games I would like to play, and I dont have a 3DS

Yeah, it seriously annoys me that only now are we getting any GBA games when the 3DS came out like 3 years ago (I think) and we still haven't gotten much of anything for the wii u, it makes me wonder if nintendo's got some plan up their sleeve or they just didn't feel like it after the effort they put out to the wii shop channel.

As long as the GBA games are reasonably priced on VC, I might get a few. I'm still waiting for Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga!

As for the new Zelda game, I do want something similar to the artwork from OoT 3D. Twilight Princess' artwork is nice ,especially in the environments, but most of the character models are ugly as hell.

Thats exactly the point, extra draw to the wii-u, which can use all the buyers it needs(do have some GBA and DS games I would like to play, and I dont have a 3DS

A GBA and an Advance Wars cart is less than half the price of the Wii U. It's not a very good selling point.

GAHH, I'm still pissed at myself for buying a 3DS the week after I could had been eligible for the Ambassador program.

Now if Nintendo did a Gamecube Emulator for the Wii U, i'm sure they can actually earn an interesting amount of profit because they are only decade old games, which fit for a 15 dollar or even a 30 dollar price tag. But of course, that would cost a lot of money to do.

I hope they get Mario kart super circuit on there.

I already tried out the sonic advance series last year. Same with Mario and Luigi super star saga. I'm not sure what other good games they are going to bring.

GAHH, I'm still pissed at myself for buying a 3DS the week after I could had been eligible for the Ambassador program.

Now if Nintendo did a Gamecube Emulator for the Wii U, i'm sure they can actually earn an interesting amount of profit because they are only decade old games, which fit for a 15 dollar or even a 30 dollar price tag. But of course, that would cost a lot of money to do.

I have to ask but, how much space would a gamecube game take up on the wii u in terms of memory and junk like that? Obviously, I don't see nintendo doing them at all in my life time (or the wii u's for that matter) anytime soon but I wonder if it might be a memory issue or the if its just because nintendo can't do it with the wii u or something.

I'd rather they not let the dying console hold the other back for the sake of a largely useless "selling point".

Hey remember back in the GameCube days Nintendo made a gameboy player where you can play gameboy games on your GameCube? Just putting that out there

Hey remember back in the GameCube days Nintendo made a gameboy player where you can play gameboy games on your GameCube? Just putting that out there

That's actually kind of different in this case since those were both in the same generation at that point and with the adapter it basically made gameboy advance games accessible to gamecube owners, this would be a bit different if 3ds or ds games were coming to wii u since just like with the gameboy adapter it would be basically letting you play current gen handheld games that you couldn't play on the wii u before.

Would be nice if we had some kind of ds adapter for the wii u though now that I think about it.

You mean the same generation where you could play Game Boy games on your GBA? Yeah, I remember. What of it?

• Thumbs Up 2

You mean the same generation where you could play Game Boy games on your GBA? Yeah, I remember. What of it?

Nevermind

Game boy player played GBA games too. Shit was awesome.

It doesn't really have much to do with this one. If they're purposely holding GBA games back from the Wii U just for one insignificant half assed selling point then that's actually pretty pathetic. Those games are meant to be portable damn it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually, Wii U is technically able to run GC games, it's just that they disabled the ability to run the discs and plug in controllers to the console. It's because the GC, Wii, and Wii U all run on similar hardware. I'd bring in a valid source but Google sure is being useless today(or am I just searching for the wrong thing?).

I honestly can't see why they haven't done thus already. It can't be that hard to do, just make a default emulator for each virtual console. In fact, even better; make the emulator a free download, and treat each VC game like DLC. Much easier, much more appealing.

"We will give you ONE Gameboy Advance game on Wii U virtual console. But in the mean time, have some more Mario. Please understand, bitches"

The Wii U has a Wii built into it - and the Wii uses the same base structure as the Gamecube (which is why it was inexpensive to produce), so the parts are all there. Unfortunately, it's circumvented by choice.

• Thumbs Up 1

well this is interesting

Daan Koopman@NintenDaanFollow

Next week's JP Wii U VC - Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World, Wario Ware Inc., Kirby and the Amazing Mirror,...

7:55 PM - 25 Mar 2014

Daan Koopman@NintenDaanFollow

...Golden Sun, F-Zero: Maximum Velocity, Advance Wars 1 + 2. All of them are 702 Yen. By purchasing two, you get 2nd one 30% off.

so apperently they are about 7 us bucks, and you get the second 30% off, which means it looks like some of Nintendos plans to make the VC more attractive are going into effect if these are coming here as well, and this may look like more of a grab for the wii-u than you would think

Interesting, I actually don't mind at least paying 10 bucks for these but 7 and 30% off on the second (despite me probably not making much use of it most likely) has me pretty sold on this.

• Thumbs Up 1

fuck off

That horrifing? also it hasnt been confirmed for western release, just japan

They should just fucking try to forget the GBA trilogy ever happened.

God those games are shit, the fact that they're charging 7 bucks for it is criminal.