Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

Why are they re-releasing Super Mario World?

D-Did people actually prefer the gba remakes over the SNES ones? inb4gbaremakeswerethebest

Woahhhohhhhho, $7? I didn't read that part.

Nope.

Thought! what if we get local dual emulator mode, like the Game gear games in sonic mega collection plus, and you can do games with multiplayer modes, one person on tv and one on gamepad?

Wait, the GBA version of Super Mario World...? When the SNES version is already available and literally the same thing with no differences other than including Mario Brothers...? And isn't the SNES version the same price (assuming these games go for approx. $7, though I won't be too surprised if NoA charges a little more)? Nintendo, please don't screw around on VC this generation like this after you screwed around on it for most of the last generation...

On the other hand, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror? I'd be happy to pay $7 for that (never actually owned it, and it's the only game on that line up I'm remotely interested in).

Amazing Mirror is considered the worst game in the series.

And some people like the GBA version of Super Mario World better than the SNES version, myself included.

I have to ask but, how much space would a gamecube game take up on the wii u in terms of memory and junk like that? Obviously, I don't see nintendo doing them at all in my life time (or the wii u's for that matter) anytime soon but I wonder if it might be a memory issue or the if its just because nintendo can't do it with the wii u or something.

Looking at ROM sizes, about 1GB a game.

Gamecube uses a modified Mini-DVD. They only hold 1.4GB of data.

You won't find any single-disc game larger than that.

Amazing Mirror is considered the worst game in the series.

And some people like the GBA version of Super Mario World better than the SNES version, myself included.

Other than some quirky AI (bear with me, it's been quite a few years since I played that on an emulator), I thought it was fun. And I've played worse. And $7 is an easier pill to swallow than, say, $30-40.

But what I'm saying, isn't the GBA version SMW literally the same game? I can't think of anything that was different other than a slight difference in the controls. EDIT: Oh, OK, they made some tweaks to the levels and made Luigi function more like how he usually does (i.e. like SMB2USA). Sort of negligible in my view, but then, Super Mario World was never a huge favorite with me. The GBA version of SMB3 would be a little more attractive, for me, but even then that's a bit of a stretch (and you lose the eCard functionality, but that's not a big loss I suppose).

Amazing Mirror is NOT the worst of the series...its pretty high up there, the only real negative is the one hit ability loss and screwy A.I. of other Kirby's

Yeah, pretty sure the worst Kirby is actually the original Dream Land, just due to being so limited in comparison to all its sequels (no copy ability, for instance).

• Thumbs Up 1

The 1st game is generally excused from being called the "worst" in a series...being the foundation of the game-play...The original Dreamland isn't bad, it just doesn't have the fun factor of having copy abilities...Canvas Curse is considered the worst

The 1st game is generally excused from being called the "worst" in a series...being the foundation of the game-play...The original Dreamland isn't bad, it just doesn't have the fun factor of having copy abilities...Canvas Curse is considered the worst

uuuuggggggh

I hated that game so much that I keep forgetting it exists.

Lol my boyfriend likes Amazing Mirror and Canvas Curse, a lot. I've only ever played Canvas Curse and it was pretty good though it did get frustratingly difficult sometimes.

Anyway I thought the worst Kirby game was Squeak Squad because of how unoriginal it was. Not to mention WAY too easy! I know Kirby games are (most of the time) very easy but this was ridiculous.  >>

More GBA games and release dates confirmed for European Wii U eShop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nkrQmlmeYc

3rd April - Advance Wars

3rd April - Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

3rd April - Metroid Fusion

10th April - WarioWare Inc

10th April - Kirby and the Amazing Mirror

17th April - Golden Sun

17th April - F-Zero: Maximum Velocity

24th April - Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island

Advance Wars, Mario & Luigi and Metroid Fusion all on the same day? Holy shit! That's certainly one way to launch a new system on Virtual Console!

Might pick up Golden Sun too, I don't think I ever fully completed it on GBA but I remember having a lot of fun with it. I won't bother with WarioWare and Yoshi's Island as I already have them on the 3DS Ambassador thingy (same goes for Metroid now that I think of it, actually).

EDIT: GBA games will cost £6.29 each in the UK

I want to try Golden Sun, but I really fucking hate Turn-based RPGs, so I'm afraid I'll get bored with it.

Canvas Curse was that tech demo thing, right? I liked that one.

Also, fuck off with Yoshi's Island. That one really doesn't have a point to being on Virtual Console compared to the SNES one.

I want to try Golden Sun, but I really fucking hate Turn-based RPGs, so I'm afraid I'll get bored with it.

Golden Sun has some awesome puzzles in it too and the customization options are really nice. I've always preferred turn-based RPG's honestly, its very hard to have a decent action-based game that's nothing more than button mashing and they tend to bore me for the most part, especially ones where you've only got one character. I HATE RPG's where you don't have a full party (at least three characters).

Golden Sun does have some issues, mainly lack of character development and random battles. I definitely plan to pick it up on Wii U once I get a Wii U, though, and I'd be surprised if Isaac doesn't appear in Smash as a playable character.

Nintendo of America has confirmed the same GBA titles for their Wii U VC service, at varying (and cheaper!) prices than in Europe (some are $7.99, some are $6.99)... oh, and you're getting Super Mario Bros 3 for NES on 17th April as well. Damn you America! :P

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/03/super_mario_bros_3_is_warping_to_north_american_virtual_consoles_on_april_17th

I wonder if Sonic Advance 3 will make it on to VC? I mean, with this whole exclusivity deal it would make sense.

...oh right, GBA games weren't splitscreen. Derrrrrp.

Welp, Metroid Fusion and Amazing Mirror are there, so this is relevant to my interests. Haven't had a chance to play either of them yet. Might give Advance Wars a whirl later if I think of it.

Couldn't they have had at least made the GBA games 2 player? One on Gamepad and one on the other controllers?

• Thumbs Up 5

So the gba games are around the same price as the SNES games? Seems fair