Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

Meh, don't really care since I've never played multiplayer on GBA. -_O Still annoying though for stuff like Sonic Battle where multiplayer is better than the story mode.

Anyway I thought the worst Kirby game was Squeak Squad because of how unoriginal it was. Not to mention WAY too easy! I know Kirby games are (most of the time) very easy but this was ridiculous.  >>

Its not too unoriginal, the main negatives I see are just the easiness, the final boss, and the excuse plot(for being even more of an excuse than most)

It does some pretty standard original things, has some good music, and bosses.

Not many GBA games really needed the added multi-player function, it was good in games like Pokemon, Amazing mirror, and Sonic Battle...not many others though...

Why  the GBA version of Yoshi's island? That's what started the red coin issue.

This is gonna be a problem if they bring the Alttp port over to the VC, since multiplayer was the only way you could unlock the bonus content.

I'd imagine they would release it on its own, especially since they released Four Swords on 3DS with a single player mode.

Getting off the subject of VC for one moment (and this can be skipped altogether), and I have no idea where else to ask this, but I never did the Wii system transfer, and I'm beginning to think I should just do it already. One thing I was wondering though: I seem to remember hearing somewhere that I can use some sort of homebrew software (I have no idea what) to back-up my Wii data before I do the system transfer, and then use that software to "restore" the data on my Wii--basically keeping my profile on my Wii as well as my Wii-U. I don't really use my Wii much, but I guess I like the idea of having a back-up if I need it for any reason, and it's not like I'd be using E-shop or any services related to that anyway. I've never used any homebrew software before, so I have no idea how any of that stuff works.

Anybody have any idea what I'm talking about...?

EDIT: Might've found what I'm looking for, so I'll do a little bit more research on it. Never mind.

Edited by Zaysho

Nintendo of America has confirmed the same GBA titles for their Wii U VC service, at varying (and cheaper!) prices than in Europe (some are $7.99, some are $6.99)... oh, and you're getting Super Mario Bros 3 for NES on 17th April as well. Damn you America! tongue.png

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/03/super_mario_bros_3_is_warping_to_north_american_virtual_consoles_on_april_17th

Why the "Damn you America!"? We've had Super Mario Bros 3 for NES on the Wii U and 3DS VCs in Europe since December 26th last year tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Why the "Damn you America!"? We've had Super Mario Bros 3 for NES on the Wii U and 3DS VCs in Europe since December 26th last year tongue.png

We have...?! :o

Well, in that case, let me change my previous comment to: "Haha America! Nintendo loves us more!" laugh.png

• Thumbs Up 3

Couldn't they have had at least made the GBA games 2 player? One on Gamepad and one on the other controllers?

It's a great idea, but that would be REALLY HARD TO DO. That's because they have to figure out how to have two separate versions of the same game run on there.

It's a great idea, but that would be REALLY HARD TO DO.

Actualy, not that bad, it was done in the Sonic mega collection plus with Game gear games, which architecture isnt mush more weaker than the GBA in reality, just takes time

: "Haha America! Nintendo loves us more!" laugh.png

Nintendo loves you so much that your VC prices are higher than ours. <3

We have...?! ohmy.png

Well, in that case, let me change my previous comment to: "Haha America! Nintendo loves us more!" laugh.png

Nintendo of America's publishing history for the past 6 years already told us that.

• Thumbs Up 9

It seems Nintendo of America is still overly confident in their place. Nintendo of Europe's been picking it up in order to give real reasons why they're worth a look (it only makes sense considering Nintendo has under performed in Europe).

Haha, I'm actually excited for Super Star Saga and Advance Wars. I sold all my GBA games years ago so this is a great chance to own them again.

So question, does the wii u have less of a good internet strength then most other consoles? Reason why im asking is because even though I have everything on the same internet, the wii u's about the only thing that has trouble picking up the connection and its honestly starting to grate on me.

My Wii U has a better connection than my PS3, so I don't really know whats up. I do know that sometimes routers reject the 3DS for whatever reason, though. Could be the same with Wii U.

Having a better connection than the PS3 isn't hard, the PS3 was terrible in that regard even when it came out.

Still, if it's at least stable like the 3DS is, you'll be fine.

Thing is though, both my ps3 and my 3DS run internet better than it for some reason and I honestly just don't know why it isn't working too well.

Except for the obvious fact the WiiU doesn't have a built-in Ethernet port.

How long has it been going on for? I know when I first got it my WiiU had trouble connecting to the router, but through persistence it eventually sorted itself out, possibly because it fully recognised it.

Also the wii-u can NOT except WPA incoded wifi, that can be an issue

Wait, back the fuck up, the Wii U doesn't have an Ethernet port? Again? In 2012?

Unfortunately, yep. Probably figured that everyone has a wireless connection, or something silly like that.

But even a brain dead idiot can figure out a LAN line. Wi-fi isn't nearly as simple or practical. There can be several compatibillity issues based on the security type, the type of router, the strength of the router, etc.