Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

Yeah, it doesn't have wired connection support or anything so I strictly have to test my luck with wireless and to answer the earlier question, it randomly does this on certain days, sometimes it will be working fine and some it won't, its working again today (finally) though.

Yeah, our houses internet is kind of weird at times since for reasons I won't say why, my mom spilled water on the good router that we had that was supposed replace this one so now we have to use the bad one again, it runs fine for the most part but its still not a very good router.

But even a brain dead idiot can figure out a LAN line. Wi-fi isn't nearly as simple or practical. There can be several compatibillity issues based on the security type, the type of router, the strength of the router, etc.

It's probably a Japan thing, at least that's what I think.

Interesting. I always wanted a Dynasty Warriors game with Mickey Mouse in it.

Oh, and Darth Vader, too.

• Thumbs Up 1

What about a Dead or alive spinoff with a cast made entirely of Nintendo characters(the darker ones, some of the forgotten ones)

Hmmm...

With Disney and Star Wars, they are easier to fit into the Warriors template especially Star Wars with its lightsabers, however for Mario just can't see a Warriors type of game for him since they usually use weapons and while Mario has used a few mainly the hammer or the FLUDD, they don't seem to fit unlike Link who uses various weapons and items. Maybe like Romance of the Three Kingdoms or some of the other Koei strategy titles could work where you have to claim the Mushroom Kingdom back from Bowser, a Ninja Gaiden type of game due to that Mario is a platformer and could be interesting to see since that series not only uses combat but also reaction skills with his jump [a tricky reaction based Mario game] or even an Operation Winback type of game [Koei seemed to ignore this series]. It would also be interesting if Tecmo Koei also came up with a new concept as well.

Then again if the old boss of Team Ninja was there, he would have come up with a Beach Volleyball game where Peach, Daisy, Rosalina and guest starring Samus and the Fire Emblem women be playing volleyball with costumes and dubious camera angles.

Well it depends how received Hyrule Warriors is before Nintendo decide to take another risk with Tecmo Koei.

I can see star wars working the best out of all of those, even better than Zelda. I mean you got your close combat weapons (light sabres), your long range weapons (blisters) and you even have your armies too (rebels, Federation, the imperial army). It's be pretty easy and pretty sweet too! You also have your "magic" with the force.

I can't imagine Nintendo allowing them to do a Mario game like that. Zelda is definitely the best fit for Nintendo. The only other Nintendo franchise I can think of that would work with the Warriors template would be Fire Emblem, only because this is a series about wars as is. Zelda is a better fit because at least that series is an action-based series.

I just want to learn some more information about Hyrule Warriors.

Did they even remember how badly their subsidiary fucked up on Metroid gameplay? And they're currently working on that laughable cash-in Hyrule Warriors?

Mario's finally going down a path I like for once. Stay out of it.

I would actually really like a mario game where mario uses his hammer and suit power ups for combat techniques, but can still jump off of enemies (for damage and for jump cancelling or getting up to higher enemies).

Also, I liked what team ninja did with Other M, the gameplay only needs some more polish and all they would need is a better writer this time for a story.

I could accept that if the point of Metroid was blowing shit up.

But it's not. A-B progression is not what a Metroid game should be. Fancy cinematic bullshit like firing a chargeshot directly into an enemy's mouth is not what Metroid should be.

I don't think Team Ninja has even made a Metroid-esque game in their life unless one of the Ninja Booben games had some form of exploration.

• Thumbs Up 2

I could accept that if the point of Metroid was blowing shit up.

But it's not. A-B progression is not what a Metroid game should be. Fancy cinematic bullshit like firing a chargeshot directly into an enemy's mouth is not what Metroid should be.

I don't think Team Ninja has even made a Metroid-esque game in their life unless one of the Ninja Booben games had some form of exploration.

Well you got me there (and yeah the ninja "gaiden" games don't have exploration lol) but I think the gameplay could really work if given a chance, sides its 3D metroid (thats not FPS) I don't see how it could go wrong if improved on.

Well you got me there (and yeah the ninja "gaiden" games don't have exploration lol) but I think the gameplay could really work if given a chance, sides its 3D metroid (thats not FPS) I don't see how it could go wrong if improved on.

Other M's strong points in gameplay mostly stem from its crappy attempts to be a spectacle fighter/action game/whatever the crap, so you could always just play a good one of those instead and let Metroid be a Metroidvania. Gameplay is probably the largest part of what draws people to a franchise, and just up and changing it from the ground up wouldn't please anybody, no matter how polished. There's a reason no mainline Zelda game has become an out-and-out JRPG, for instance, no matter how well done that game would be.

Yeah, but it would be nice to get a 3D metroid that plays well that isn't an FPS, sure the games were pretty alright before but unless they do something really spectacular with the mazes in 2D thing, I would rather prefer they try and do something new with it to give it a fresh start and get more people on board with the series.

But it's not. A-B progression is not what a Metroid game should be.

Metroid Fusion.

Fancy cinematic bullshit like firing a chargeshot directly into an enemy's mouth is not what Metroid should be.

Metroid Prime 3.

If i recall, those are good and loved Metroid games.

Metroid Fusion.

Metroid Prime 3.

Both of which were considered the worst games in the series prior to Other M, so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

And even those games had some form of exploration albeit limited.

Both of which were considered the worst games in the series prior to Other M, so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

You're honestly one of the first i've heard complaining about them: until now, i've only seen and heard people liking those games (well, i remember everyone saying that the final boss of Prime 3 was crap and i can't blame them).

• Thumbs Up 2

I never claimed them crap, I claimed them the worst.

A lot of the fanbase was horribly dissapointed with Fusion's linearity, but still enjoyed it.

The same applied to Prime 3, but the main gripe was that it focused more on shooting than exploring. You could argue this is due to the Wii controls being new and wanting them used at the full advantage, but it still got on people's nerves.

I'd rather play Metroid Prime 3 than 2 considering the amount of bullshit is in that game, but I still love the second game.

Quite frankly, I'd like an HD upgrade to the Metroid Prime Trilogy, provided that it'll have improved control options and whatnot.

I mean, if it was going to be just as expensive as it is for the Wii, then you may as well get the HD version.

If... if they made one, that is.

...I want one.

That's news to me. I always thought Metroid Fusion was very well received, even if it was linear. In fact, Metroid Fusion is the only Metroid game I've ever completed and really enjoyed mostly because it was so easy to find your way around! I tried playing Super Metroid and half the time I didn't even know where I was going (I wasn't all y can't metroid crawl, I just didn't know where to go to next). The music and tense atmosphere, especially with the damn SA-X stalking you, was great stuff too.

If Metroid can't be a FPS adventure game, why not a TPS like Other M but with less 2D linearity and more 3D exploring? I'm sure the Gamepad could be used in an interesting way. And yeah, they definitely need a new writer. Sakamoto has probably been kicked out of Nintendo HQ by now.

I don't think abandoning FPS territory entirely is a particularly good idea.  I mean, Metroid has always had a combination of shooting and platforming elements.  Shooter gameplay works really well with first person cameras, and platforming works a lot better with third person.  So I'm inclined to say that an exceptional Metroid game would need to use both.  A 3D Metroid with an emphasis on switching between first and third person view, where first person gives you access to all your ranged combat options in exchange for limiting your mobility, while third person gives you all your mobility in exchange for your combat options.

That's just an idea I've been pondering for a while.

• Thumbs Up 1