Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

I might get Metroid Fusion. I've never played a Metroid game before.

its a good place to start, its on the realitively easy side compared to some, but that helps, it or zero mission are good starting places. Super Metroid's iconic, but generaly should be the second game you play once you have some of the basics down

• Thumbs Up 3

Amusingly, the above discussion above about what camera setup would be best for a 3D Metroid doesn't address the middle ground of a TPS with camera-based aiming. Problem is, Metroid is heavy on jumping, and dual-stick controls are absolutely terrible for any shooter that requires more than the absolute bare minimum when it comes to jumping, so lock-on is probably ideal for that. But a third-person shooter would have its advantages, including full spacial awareness, enabling better jumping and platforming.

I could accept that if the point of Metroid was blowing shit up.

But it's not. A-B progression is not what a Metroid game should be. Fancy cinematic bullshit like firing a chargeshot directly into an enemy's mouth is not what Metroid should be.

I don't think Team Ninja has even made a Metroid-esque game in their life unless one of the Ninja Booben games had some form of exploration.

ninja gaiden xbox is very metroid esque in terms of a relatively open, interconnected setting you backtrack forward and backward across opening new areas and etc.

2 and 3 are much more linear but whatevs

How can Fusion or Metroid Prime 3 be considered the worst games in the series when Hunters exists?

Canvas Curse was that tech demo thing, right? I liked that one.

Also, fuck off with Yoshi's Island. That one really doesn't have a point to being on Virtual Console compared to the SNES one.

Yoshi's Touch & Go was the tech demo. Kirby was the full game.

And it was great.

I think the reason for the original YI missing has something to do with the Super FX chip. I don't see the problem, though. It's the same game with added stuff.

Wait, people consider Fusion one of the worst in the series prior to  Other M? But that's one of the best ones.

I've heard more of people hating Metroid II, Hunters, and (somewhat) Prime 2 more than I heard of people saying anything bad about Fusion.

• Thumbs Up 2

Fusion at the time certainly had it's faults for it's incredible linearity. But it brought us a greater focus on narrative that wasn't absolute tripe, so it had it's merits too. I just don't know where Sakamoto went wrong with his writing when he went from Fusion to Other M.

I think the reason for the original YI missing has something to do with the Super FX chip. I don't see the problem, though. It's the same game with added stuff.

It also has the Red Coin problem...

I think this is one of those really nice touchs Nintendo does, the GBA games include full scans of their manuals

BkFXvdsCMAArlz6.jpg

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/225267-another-look-at-wii-u-gba-vc-titles-including-scans-of-the-original-instruction-booklet

Was already extremely tempted, now pretty sure I want to pick up these first 3 at least

• Thumbs Up 4

Wait, people consider Fusion one of the worst in the series prior to  Other M? But that's one of the best ones.

I've heard more of people hating Metroid II, Hunters, and (somewhat) Prime 2 more than I heard of people saying anything bad about Fusion.

Metroid II and Hunters were so awful that I keep forgetting they actually exist. I didn't really notice anything extremely terrible about Prime 2 beyond beams having ammo and.. was Boost Guardian the name? The one maze boss.

Either way, my point was that the Metroid fanbase was annoyed by how linear Fusion was. Let me put it this way: When you think of Metroid, what 2 games do you hear most about? Super Metroid and Metroid Prime. Why? Because they are, in everyway, shape, and form, what people expect from a Metroid game. No hand-holding like Fusion. No asshole constrictions like SR388's shitty lava. No monologuing shooty shooty mc bangy horseshit like Other M. Balls to the wall exploration that leaves the player free to use what they've been presented with any way they can find. That's what a Metroid game is.

The sooner these idiots remember what their fucking franchise is even about, the better. 

/rant

I think this is one of those really nice touchs Nintendo does, the GBA games include full scans of their manuals

BkFXvdsCMAArlz6.jpg

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/225267-another-look-at-wii-u-gba-vc-titles-including-scans-of-the-original-instruction-booklet

Was already extremely tempted, now pretty sure I want to pick up these first 3 at least

I keep forgetting they actually include digital manuals for Virtual Console games.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yup. I remember hearing tons of praise for Fusion and tons of complaints about Prime 2.

\o/

Oh God, someone mentioned Metroid Prime Hunters. That's another Metroid game I played and let me tell you I could NOT get into it. The controls were awful and again, I had no clue what to do! That seems to be a common thing in Metroid games, to leave you in the dust on what to do next. That's probably why I can't get into them either. XP Yeah yeah I know that's part of the game but this is not 1986 anymore! At least give us a small hint of where to go to next a la Legend of Zelda.

Yup. I remember hearing tons of praise for Fusion and tons of complaints about Prime 2.

\o/

Indeed. Mind you I haven't played any of the Prime games (I've played a few Metroid games including Super Metroid, but never beat them) but I really enjoyed Fusion and was sure that it was well liked by the fan base too, because even though it's linear the gameplay is still great, still maze like and it's got some great boss battles. I love the eerie atmosphere and music too.

Hmm, I feel like replaying Fusion now.

• Thumbs Up 3

... Am I the only person here who thought Hunters was decent?

Fusion had its faults, but it had a fantastic atmosphere, and back when I was a kid, the SA-X was scary as fuck.

Granted, I probably wouldn't have been nearly as scared if I was aware of how derpy its AI is, but still.

... Am I the only person here who thought Hunters was decent?

Fusion had its faults, but it had a fantastic atmosphere, and back when I was a kid, the SA-X was scary as fuck.

Granted, I probably wouldn't have been nearly as scared if I was aware of how derpy its AI is, but still.

I enjoyed it, but never did finish it, definately flawed, but with dual analog controls, and updated online, if it gets ported to wii-u, it could actualy be a solid game

Also, quirky looking wii-u only kickstarter, while nothing too fancy, still looks fun, and they arent asking for too much, even with their strech goals

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/leuvsion/twisted-fusion-exclusive-for-wii-u

Join Cora, our dual water-gun wielding heroine on a epic adventure in this unique open world platformer exclusive to Nintendo Wii U.

43a7a8567aa9b86b80eb9ee7a5d42276_large.j

3a3fcbe4e28526a48e2f544bcf23eb5a_large.j
My name is Lewis Pugh and I have been creating games for mobile platforms including iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows Phone for the last 8 years. My previous games include: Twisted Fates, Super Cora-Bolt and Chipper's Tea Party.

Although mobile platforms are great, I have always been a huge Nintendo fan at heart and I currently write and host for www.Infendo.com and Infendo Radio (on iTunes). It has been a long held ambition of mine to create games for a Nintendo home console; a dream I am now one step closer to, having been approved by Nintendo to develop games for the Wii U. Now, with the might of the kickstarter community and your support, I have the opportunity to bring my vision to your Wii U console; Twisted Fusion.

2b9aa714f7e5d0f287f860ed630c68ee_large.j

ff20a91529fb9c638c842de025cb98c5_large.j

8856613b0961f9142161d74c4750235e_large.j

Who is Cora? Cora is the star of Twisted Fusion! Our red headed hero finds herself in a strange world overrun by vicious creatures including: sinister slimes and monstrous mosquitoes. Their only weakness...water! In Cora's arsenal are her iconic dual water pistols which she can fire while standing, running and even jumping. As well as these high powered squirters, she also has access to explosive water bombs which are thrown in an arch and take even the most well defended beasts by surprise. Cora's super-charged garden sprinkler can be deployed to rain down watery death on any monster foolish enough to enter its spray, and when things get really hairy, she can always rely upon her trusty water cannon.

d1611f4e9e8196ddb63fbeb54353eb8c_large.j

2b9aa714f7e5d0f287f860ed630c68ee_large.j

4fc8ced8262cefbcada3ab94d7c56837_large.j

8f6ba58d1e30cb79528049c1ab704544_large.j
Twisted Fusion is best described as an 'Open Platformer'; it's not exactly Metroidvania but the entire game is connected without the need to jump to unwieldy menus or maps. Each section of the game is packed with mysterious areas and uncharted paths, giving you plenty of reasons to retrace your steps and use your new gear and abilities to unlock secrets in previously explored areas.

A significant part of Twisted Fusion is its combat; your main attack (Cora's dual water pistols) have unlimited ammo, meaning she always has a means to dispatch her enemies even when her special weapons are depleted - this girl never backs down from a fight!

The game will also include a day/night and weather system; The time of day and weather also has an effect on the way monsters behave. At night for instance, you will encounter bigger and meaner foes whilst in rainy weather, monsters become 'enraged' and will attack with extra ferocity - these critters really hate water!

Take up your water pistols and join Cora on her epic adventure across floating islands and through dank dungeons as she fights to find a way home.

(didnt nessecarily see this meriting a thread, but if someone wants too go ahead

It honestly kind of puzzles me the amount of WiiU kickstarters I see VS the amount of indie games that actually make it onto the eShop. There's apparently a lot of support, but basically nothing coming out of it? What happened?

It honestly kind of puzzles me the amount of WiiU kickstarters I see VS the amount of indie games that actually make it onto the eShop. There's apparently a lot of support, but basically nothing coming out of it? What happened?

Considering how long games take from the kickstarter completion to actually landing on a console... it isn't surprising. Even if you discount games like Shovel Knight which had a massive increase in scope, most kickstarter games actually need to be made once the campaign is over. These things take time.

Meanwhile, Capcom decides to troll everyone with a new Mega Man X design for april fool's day. For a fucking model kit, not a fake game announcement.

Urf6Tk8.jpg
InLxIC9.jpg

That being said... While I'm certainly not getting my hopes up, it isn't unheard of for Capcom to take an april fool's joke and make it real. Just look at ZX Gigamix.

I kinda hope it's true, because that's a fucking awesome design. It would be perfect for an X sequel/reboot.

• Thumbs Up 2

Meanwhile, Capcom decides to troll everyone with a new Mega Man X design for april fool's day. For a fucking model kit, not a fake game announcement.

Urf6Tk8.jpg
InLxIC9.jpg

That being said... While I'm certainly not getting my hopes up, it isn't unheard of for Capcom to take an april fool's joke and make it real. Just look at ZX Gigamix.

I kinda hope it's true, because that's a fucking awesome design. It would be perfect for an X sequel/reboot.

And imagine if they made it nintendo exclusive, now that would be sick XD

God, that is probably the coolest piece of megaman art I have ever seen, even if its not a game this is treat enough for my eyes.

Urf6Tk8.jpg
InLxIC9.jpg

I laughing

"Hey guys, how do we make X look cool to the current generation?"

"Add lines in random places"

April Fools jokes are supposed to be funny.

This is just cruel.

• Thumbs Up 9

Why are you posting this in the Wii U thread? It's for 3DS.

I'm not discussing the virtual console games. I'm discussing the future of a potential Megaman exclusive considering the partnerships that Capcom and Nintendo have been doing (Comic, lots of sales/VC promotions, Megaman Legends 3, tons of GBA/DS titles, etc).

• Thumbs Up 4