Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

April Fools jokes are supposed to be funny.

This is just cruel.

Just like the Shadwo the Hedgehog game :V

My Wii U just had a system update. Is this happening for anyone else?

It's currently doing it so idk what it's changing, if anything. Kinda surprised to see Nintendo update their stuff every now and then. *runs*

Downloaded it earlier and noticed an image sharing thing has been added to my internet browser bookmarks.

When it restarted, it darkened the main menu screen and said "please wait..". When it brightened back up, there was a USB icon in the bottom left corner for a second, and it went away.

So.. image sharing online via Wii U, and this. Wonder what else has been changed around / added. Is there any place that's rounded up the info on it?

Nintendo's only said this:

Improvements to system stability and usability:
Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/04/wii_u_system_update_410_available_now

Someone in the comments has said this:

I've noticed that playing videos in the internet browser has an HD or HQ symbol on the plaback bar.

Just played a video on YouTube in the browser and yeah, there is now an HQ/HD button. 

Update is actually a day old. Most people are saying it is some background changes for the upcoming GBA VC titles. (And the HTML5 HD change) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still think they should do some all around refining with another system update. Wii U's menus and everything are nice, but they could be a lot better, more streamlined, easier to manage, new features, those kind of things. 

I'm just sick of how long everything takes to load. 

That's funny, because it actually took even longer to load before the major system update last year!

And that was the best update, in my opinion. I wish loading times can be cut down even more.

And being able to access some stuff without the need of gamepad like eshop and system settings.

...?

I'm more confused that EA has a twitter account for an engine. Was that account mode for April Fools exclusively, or is it a real account?

...?

I'm more confused that EA has a twitter account for an engine. Was that account mode for April Fools exclusively, or is it a real account?

Real

It's a marketing strategy.

:U

Sounds more like conceit to me. I can't think of a single reason that an account for an engine would be practical let alone necessary. 

it's because EA think frostbite is the shit despite it being not the shit but a shit, a buggy turd, mainly.

so yeah, conceit

• Thumbs Up 2

Sounds like one loose cannon staff member and not what EA ordered their PR to do, given how specific the jabs are.

Then again, maybe I have too much naive faith in integrity. :/

it's because EA think frostbite is the shit despite it being not the shit but a shit, a buggy turd, mainly.

so yeah, conceit

The engine itself is not buggy. The game is.

Also...page 666 =|

Also...page 666 =|

I'm now really hoping that Nintendo announce a new Direct for today or tomorrow in the next few hours, meaning it'll get posted on this page, meaning it will be powered by none other than the devil himself and bring about an untold apocalypse of gaming destruction upon the world with its megatons of sheer awesomeness.

Wii-U-Is-Doomed.jpg

Or, failing that, the devil could always just go stand in stores and point people towards the Wii U instead:

Devil-super-smash-bros--brawl-162123_340

"Hey guys! Go buy the Wii U! It's over there! Look, where I'm pointing! Don't make me slowly move the screen and force you in that direction!"

• Thumbs Up 2