Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

The Wii saw a similar stock fall, but in a year Nintendo could see its stocks soaring again. A downturn like this won't bother it too much unless it becomes a year-on-year trend.

That always happens. Investors see new hardware and they run away as fast as they can, before coming back a few months later.

A guy I know bought shares of Nintendo stock solely because of this news.

:\

Edited by Chooch

Now that Nintendo pretty much admitted that HD graphics > waggle by dropping the wiimote* and that Sony was right when they said we needed more storage capacity by shamelessly copying** the BluRay format, ninty fans are free from the shackles of the duct tape and can now embrace the current generation that started six years ago for the remaining 1-2 years it has left.

*: i hope it didn't hit any tv screens on its way down

**: jesus christ what an outrage i am not buying any of their systems again they have no innovation those fuckers

cool_f.gif

Now we got that out of the way, I pronounce myself in full endorsement of HD paper marios. Hell, port the 3ds game, I'll buy it at a high price.

A guy I know bought shares of Nintendo stock solely because of this news.

:\

If he bought after they dropped in price he's doing the correct thing. They'll soar up when they release some pokeymans on 3ds and he'll get some profits.

• Thumbs Up 2

@ Dobkeratops

Considering the Wii U video showing heavy use of Wiimotes and Wii accessories (Balance Board), I don't think they're dropping it just yet. I'm glad for that, honestly, because while I'm very happy that there won't be forced unnecessary motion gimmicks in every game, I want to see a few more games take use of the Wiimote properly like Skyward Sword and Red Steel 2.

Edited by Ekaje

Yeah, they're certainly not dropping the wiimote by any means, if you actually looked at stuff shown - they're simply not making another upgraded wiimote. The Motion+ already exists.

The 3rd Party roundtable has started. Hopefully we should get more info on what third parties are doing with WiiU.

@ Dobkeratops

Considering the Wii U video showing heavy use of Wiimotes and Wii accessories (Balance Board), I don't think they're dropping it just yet. I'm glad for that, honestly, because while I'm very happy that there won't be forced unnecessary motion gimmicks in every game, I want to see a few more games take use of the Wiimote properly like Skyward Sword and Red Steel 2.

It's not gonna be included with the system, no? If it's not standard, it does not matter. So much for the future of gaming!

Also you will now get forced screenpad gimmicks in its place, don't fret.

cool_f.gif

Do also take note that I am using coolfaces in my posts to imply a certain degree of tongue-in-cheekness and as such you're not meant to take my posts 100% seriously.

It's not gonna be included with the system, no? If it's not standard, it does not matter. So much for the future of gaming!

Also you will now get forced screenpad gimmicks in its place, don't fret.

cool_f.gif

Do also take note that I am using coolfaces in my posts to imply a certain degree of tongue-in-cheekness and as such you're not meant to take my posts 100% seriously.

Was thinking the trollfaces were referring to your obvious joke annotations, sorry.

In other news, Ubi is up first.

Link to IGN blog here.

Edited by Ekaje

A thought just occurred to me. They're going to call the controller the iPad uPad, aren't they?

Rich-IGN: Either that or they're just talking to themselves. =)

6:24

Audrey Drake: The new controller eliminates the need for headsets.

Looks like we're again not getting official headsets, since the Wii U controller has a mic and can do video chat. I'd still like the option myself though.

Wait, Q&A already? I thought this was a "third party roundtable", not just a Ubisoft demonstration.

EDIT: It's over. Really was just one third party, Ubisoft, talking about their games and showing off Ghost Recon and Killer Beasts, we also got to hear about people demonstrating WiiU. Why didn't we see that sort of thing at the conference yesterday?

Edited by Ekaje

Guitar Hero

Games

Wii U

Does not compute. Illogical.

Oh wait WHAT

patrick_bateman.jpg

Hope you're not trolling.

So it will be HD? Ok HD Brotherhood, you can disband/die in a fire now

• Thumbs Up 4

That Zelda tech demo gets me VERY excited for Nintendo games in HD. That was simply beautiful.

With this whole one controller thing in mind I'm wondering..

They made it a big thing that you wouldn't need to use the TV screen and that stuff could be streamed to the controller. But.. what if I want to play a multiplayer game without the TV? Can I just not do it because it won't work with more than one Wii tablet controller thingy?

lol It seems like the only option is all of us looking on the 6.2 inch screen ala Single Cart mode in Kirby Super Star Ultra.

Ok, so apparently the Wii U has an equally beastly graphics card to go along with its super computer based GPU. It's GPU is not a revised RV770, it's based off of AMD's Southern Islands series of cards. Let it be noted that these graphics cards AREN'T EVEN RELEASED TO PUBLIC YET. This is the newest tech there is, Nintendo has their serious face on.

http://fudzilla.com/graphics/item/23000-new-nintendo-wii-u-has-amd-radeon

Edited by Hero Of Fate

So the tech in it will be way ahead of the other two, wonder exactly how powerful it is (higher end card, or lower end) regardless, it's ahead of the current gen systems by far.

hopefully this means devs will try a little harder with graphics so I can play awesome looking pc ports. (:

It doesn't matter as much with a console, but I figure it would be in line with the midline cards like the PS3 and 360's are.

Of course Guitar Hero will be on Wii U, this is Activision we're talking about. It's likely Harmmonix would develop Rock Band for it too, though.