Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

I'd rather it be Pac-Man World 4.

I'd agree if they didn't use modern Pac-Man. If they used the Pac-man in the others, then totally. (I just don't like modern Pac-man. Why can he talk?)

Video Product Distributors – the same company that supplies stock to Amazon and Blockbuster – has posted up SKU, price and release date information for Wii U in North America.

NintendoLife made the discovery, and reports that VPD has posted the following details on Wii U’s North American launch:

WIIU SYSTEM – GM – 11/11/12 $249.99

WIIU SYSTEM W/ – GM – 11/11/12 $299.99

WIIU SYSTEM 349 W/ – GM – 11/11/12 $349.99

QhDn2.png

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489814

Hm, not sure what to believe. I can't see Nintendo doing multiple versions of the console at launch, but as this is apparently Amazon's distributor, I can't see them lying..

Btw, the Namco Bandai title could be "Pac-Man's Ghostly Adventures" or however it was called, which Namco trademarked a while ago along with a logo.

I'd rather it be Klonoa.

Ugh, don't play with my emotions. It's bad enough I'm not getting Rayman Legends.

A new fucking Klonoa game being Wii U only would piss me off uncontrollably. D:

• Thumbs Up 1

GM? W/GM? What does that mean?

I'm guessing that means the system comes with a game. If Nintendoland's the normal pack-in, a la Wii Sports, I'm guessing that this is an additional one.

Not an announcement. A rumor.

It might be from a "trusted source" but it's a rumor nonetheless.

It's not exactly a far fetched rumor though.

A far bigger surprise would be for Nintendo to not release a Zelda game for the Wii U by 2014. It's basically their biggest IP behind Mario and Pokemon.

Ugh, don't play with my emotions. It's bad enough I'm not getting Rayman Legends.

I don't think we're getting a new Klonoa game anytime soon, whether its on Wii U or not. 'Cause I think, with the new Klonoa webcomic launching this month, that they're going to test the waters first to see if there's any interest in wanting a new Klonoa game or not. Especially if the comic ends up to be popular.

Either that, or launch the webcomic AND do a surprise game announcement at TGS or in Famitsu. Now that'd be a step up in their marketing, compared to their previous efforts with the Klonoa franchise.

Only time will tell, I guess.

19tcn9.jpg

If you want the games so bad, suck it up and buy a Wii U.

• Thumbs Up 2

$250 would be a dream-come-true price point. I've been expecting 350 for ages now but if it seriously comes out for 250 I'm going to do a stupid little dance.

I don't believe the Zelda rumor. I remember Miyamoto saying in an interview that the art style in SS was a one off. Plus there are always Zelda rumors before the next Zelda is officially announced and the rumors are NEVER true.

Considering the Zelda Wii U tech demo that was shown last year, I thought that a Wii U Zelda game being in the works was an automatic given.

Considering the Zelda Wii U tech demo that was shown last year, I thought that a Wii U Zelda game being in the works was an automatic given.

Pretty much this. We can ascertain that a Zelda title is in the works, whether it's related to the tech demo or not. But that's about it really, because there's always going to be a Zelda title. Right now, it's probably in the way early stages of development. They've got a 3DS game to worry about first I'd guess.

Tech demos have nothing to do with an in developement game. Having said that there is almost always a Zelda or Mario in some form being crafted at Nintendo.

• Thumbs Up 2

Tech demos have nothing to do with an in developement game. Having said that there is almost always a Zelda or Mario in some form being crafted at Nintendo.

Tell that to New Super Mario Bros Mii. Tech demos can evolve into full projects or stay as demos forever. The point is what you say though- there's always going to be a Zelda title in the works somewhere. It's not really worth talking about until it's announced and revealed.

Tell that to New Super Mario Bros Mii. Tech demos can evolve into full projects or stay as demos forever. The point is what you say though- there's always going to be a Zelda title in the works somewhere. It's not really worth talking about until it's announced and revealed.

Not to mention some of those other tech demos like the ninja star thing from the Wii U trailer at last year's E3 press conference. Some of those turned into mini games for Nintendo Land.

• Thumbs Up 1

Except the Zelda tech demo was seriously just a prettied up fight against Armoghoma from TP, it won't be the actual game.

Yeah exactly. There's a big difference between a few mini-games and a new Zelda. Not that it matters though. I'm sure Nintendo are working on a new Zelda but I think the rumor is bull and the tech demo has nothing to do with whatever we end up getting. Just like the space world Zelda tech demo for the gamecube had nothing to do with WW.