Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

I don't think I'm going to be able to afford a Wii U at launch now. There are games coming out in November that I have deposit pre-orders on that I really want, and besides, there aren't really any games I want at launch anyway. Only games I'd really go for are Rayman Legends and New Super Mario Bros. U. I think I'm just going to wait until more interesting exclusive games appear in 2013.

EDIT:

Oh, and I've got to pay to get my Xbox 360 repaired, too.

New New Super Mario Bros U info info:

- dozens of levels across one world map, like Super Mario World

- map can be panned around and explored at any time

- game features an auto-scrolling, Boost Rush mode for more of a challenge

- multiple branching paths that let you pick which way to go

- this is much more than the tradition level choosing, which usually gives you only two paths to choose from

- Game Informer spotted 7 worlds: Acorn Plains, Sparkling Waters (tropical), Frosted Glacier, Layer Cake Desert (complete with melting desserts), areas similar to Forest of Illusion and Sky World and a world surround by a tornado

- mid-world fortresses guarded by Boom-Boom

- end-level castles guarded by Koopalings

- Super Acorn power-up makes you a flying squirrel

- Bowser kidnaps Peach once again

http://www.gonintend...story&id=185000

Sounds great. The worlds sound interesting, specifically Layer Cake Desert. More branching paths on the world map is nice to have.

A new Nintendland game was unveiled, too:

82D4B14B-05AC-4D57-A117-1AD20CA4AF2B.PNG

http://www.gonintend...story&id=184998

Looks fun. Really hope Nintendoland is a pack-in, but even if it isn't I might get it.

Edit Just saw this on Console Wars.de:

Battle Mii Demo kehrt zurück als "Metroid Blast" - Quelle: Game Informer Titelstory zur Wii U. m-smile.gif

Keine Ahnung ob es i.O. ist hier Scans/Screenshots der GI zu Posten, aber das Feature beinhaltet auch noch neue Screens zu NSMBU und ein paar Details zum Themenpark-Anteil von Nintendo Land: Durch das Spielen der Minigames bekommt man Münzen, die wiederum neue "Dekorationen" für den Themenpark freischalten (Nintendo-bezogene Statuen/verkleidete Miis, die im Park herum laufen)

Completing the minigames get's you coins that you can use to decorate the theme park with Nintendo themed statues and Miis in Nintendo costumes.

This is all coming from the latest digital issue of Game Informaer.

Edited by MarcelloF

Holy shit, new world ideas. I didn't think Nintendo had it in them.

Edited by The Mighty Kamina

Next we might see.....A PLAYABLE FEMALE CHARACTER NOT NAMED SAMUS.

Or, or, A NEW POWER UP THAT'S NOT A FLYING SUIT.

Edited by The Mighty Kamina

Oh so the Battle Mii tech demo got reused for Nintendo Land, which isn't really a bad thing seeing as most of the tech demos are being reused in various titles, and I'm really liking the little improvements they've added as well as the lava stage.

Oh and all of that NSMBU news is marvelous aside from the bosses, I really hope that they don't just use Boom Boom for every tower, and instead use a variety of different enemies, such as Pom Pom, Kamek, and whoever else they could bring in. The Koopalings as the castle bosses is also a tad bit disappointing seeing as this is the third time this has happened, I really wish that they would go back to making original bosses like in the first NSMB game, but as long as they add new spins on the battles I guess I can deal with it.

Next we might see.....A PLAYABLE FEMALE CHARACTER NOT NAMED SAMUS.

Playable Krystal in next Starfox game confirmed

Why not have a game where both Link and Zelda are both fully playable characters? They come together toward the start of the game, and then you use both of them to progress through the game. Link collects tools, Zelda collects spells, puzzles can revolve around using one character's abilities or using both characters in tandem. The game could be single player or have simultaneous co-op.

Could be interesting.

Pdorr is a member here before people start having a lot off.

It's quite an interesting insight into the controllers and the criticisms about how the touch controls don't really do anything/why can't this just be done with a typical controller.

Also did not know that most of the Wii-U multiplayer games do not have online.

I think Nintendo is just getting ridiculous with online. They are being too traditional with their multiplayer and think that the rest of the world is Japan, and doesn't need online.That attitude is going to hurt them over here. Hell, it's hurting them now!

Edited by VisionaryBlur

I'm not as concerned with multiplayer as most gamers nowadays, but I still think Nintendo is really missing the mark with their online so far. Pikmin 3, NSMBU, and Nintendo Land do not have online multiplayer, as far as we know. Not to mention all the third-party titles that don't have it either (ZombiU, an FPS, doesn't have it? That should be a freakin' given). I'll be optimistic and hope that Nintendo gets more focused on online multiplayer in the coming year, but so far they aren't impressing in that regard.

• Thumbs Up 1

A new Zelda by 2014 seems a little early especially since the new hardware should allow them to create an even bigger game than theyve made before. A Zelda Preview at E3 2014 wouldn't surprise me, but release seems unlikely. Metroid seems much more likely.

Prediction:

3D Super Mario in 2013

Metroid and Smash Bros in 2014

Zelda in 2015

So apparently some of Nintendoland's minigames require Wii Motion Plus to play...

What the hell, Nintendo? How many controllers does this damn thing need?

So apparently some of Nintendoland's minigames require Wii Motion Plus to play...

What the hell, Nintendo? How many controllers does this damn thing need?

Why wouldn't Nintendo encourage the use of Wii Motion Plus/Wii Remote Plus in next gen games? I sure as hell don't want to use old ass motion controls in the next generation. This was a given in my opinion.

• Thumbs Up 2

Of course the launch titles are going to suffer from a forced use of the Wii-U controller, making it rather gimmicky. Heck we all knew that. It was the same way with the Wii and DS. But just like the video says months down the road we'll get the real gems. Thats what I'm looking forward to.

As far as multiplayer goes, I wouldn't expect Nintendo to embrace it with practically every game until a year or two from now. They are just realizing they need it (really late in the game).

(ZombiU, an FPS, doesn't have it? That should be a freakin' given).

The only multiplayer ZombiU actually has to my knowledge is that one person with the Wii U Gamepad spawns zombies and tries to take down the other player, who is using the Wii remote and numchuck to move, shoot and survive. Which is a neat idea and could be quite fun, but isn't terribly conductive to online multiplayer.

Otherwise, ZombiU doesn't need multiplayer, period. It's a horror game, I'd rather the developers focus on polishing the single player experience to a spit-shine, because the only multiplayer/co-op horror game I actually know can actually be kinda scary is Left 4 Dead (and mainly because of the Witch). Dead Space 2's multiplayer, I hear, sucks balls (not that Dead Space was ever a very good horror game in the first place).

Actually, in fact, the notion that a game NEEDS multiplayer to be good, even an FPS game, is still bugging the crap out of me, and I know many other gamers are thinking the same thing.

Watch it be Dark Souls for Wii U.

Use the touch screen to... .. ... take items out of your bottomless box. *shrugs* They won't be stupid enough to think it's a good idea to slap the combat controls on the touch screen... right?

Actually, in fact, the notion that a game NEEDS multiplayer to be good, even an FPS game, is still bugging the crap out of me, and I know many other gamers are thinking the same thing.

The problem is though, so many of the games the Wii-U has are practically begging for multiplayer. Why all the playstation home NintendoLand games do not have online multiplayer is beyond me. That lugi's mansion minigame for instance... how are the majority of people going to play that without having a large number of friends over?

And then theres the fact that all the unique selling points about the console only seem to work if you have friends over or people who want to watch the TV. Yet how many of us will be playing the console in our own rooms? Making these features near pointless.

In fact, has anyone asked Sumo yet if their Wii-U's ASRT multiplayer is local only? Because I don't remember that ever being confirmed either.

S0L said that the contents of the LE is meant to be universal on all platforms, so unless the Wii U version includes Metal Sonic and the OutRun track on the disc it leads me to personally believe that the game does have online function to some capacity.

S0L said that the contents of the LE is meant to be universal on all platforms, so unless the Wii U version includes Metal Sonic and the OutRun track on the disc it leads me to personally believe that the game does have online function to some capacity.

The Wii-U version is said to have exclusive features which take advantage of the pad. IGN has already confirmed some kind of multiplayer mode involving Super Monkey Ball.

But if that mode is limited to local co-op, then it's really not going to set it apart from the rest.