Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

What the hell happened to the days when everyone could just get together for some fun local multiplayer at someone's house?

Edited by Masaru Daimon

What the hell happened to the days when everyone could just get together for some fun local co-op at someone's house?

Sometimes friends live too far away.

Sometimes friends move.

Sometimes you meet someone on the internet.

And sometimes you just don't have friends and have to play with randoms.(Pretty much my case) sad.png

• Thumbs Up 5

What the hell happened to the days when everyone could just get together for some fun local co-op at someone's house?

We turned 16 and asking your friends if they wanna come over and play videogames isn't what anyone wants to do anymore.

Even the one night you play with your room mates at your uni flat... whilst it's fun theres always an uneasy feeling of 'we could be out getting drunk and having a good time and maybe copping off with some bird down at the newland club... instead we're indoors playing on the Wii."

I don't know about anyone else, but the time you're at work and someone says 'hey guys! Anyone wanna come over and play games with me!?' is the time you call the cops.

• Thumbs Up 4

Agreed with Hogfather. You would LOSE friends these days by asking them to come round to your place and play video games. Ask them if they fancy a game of something online later and they're all "Yeah, sure."

Agreed with Hogfather. You would LOSE friends these days by asking them to come round to your place and play video games. Ask them if they fancy a game of something online later and they're all "Yeah, sure."

From personal experience, I'd say that hugely depends on who your friends are.

That said, online is undoubtedly the more popular option these days that's far more likely to cause a problem if it's missing.

From personal experience, I'd say that hugely depends on who your friends are.

I was mostly joking :P

I was mostly joking tongue.png

lol, well still inviting friends over to play games isn't a bad thing. I do that far more than I play online.

Me and my friends too enjoy playing games more offline then online.

It's so much more satisfying to smack someone over the head when they beat you. biggrin.png

So... "We changed the dollar sign of the price to a Euro sign"-event confirmed? tongue.png

Pretty much, yep :P More or less confirms that the news in the broadcast (which just has to be the release date and price, surely?) will apply to Europe as well as America, at least.

So... "We changed the dollar sign of the price to a Euro sign"-event confirmed? tongue.png

They'll have stores decide on price again. Though it'll be just that.

Yeah, I hate how these events never confirm a UK price and Nintendo say they're leaving it up to retailers. At least Amazon and GAME/Gamestation usually jump out with prices pretty quickly after the event, so we get an idea of what kind of price we're looking at. Supermarkets will probably undercut around launch time again.

Anyway, I'm glad I have Thursday off work biggrin.png

This will be completely overshadowed by Apples iPhone Conference....

"HEY GUYS! WE ADDED A COUPLE STUFF THAT WILL BE OBSOLETE IN ONE YEAR AND ADDED A NUMBER TO THE NEW iPHONE! AND IT CAN BE YOURS FOR 599 US DOLLARS"

• Thumbs Up 9

"HEY GUYS! WE ADDED A COUPLE STUFF THAT WILL BE OBSOLETE IN ONE YEAR AND ADDED A NUMBER TO THE NEW iPHONE! AND IT CAN BE YOURS FOR 599 US DOLLARS"

HEY GUYS! WE ADDED A SCREEN TO YOUR CONTROLLER.

Huh... Kidding, but it goes both ways.

But yeah, I doubt anyone who wasn't a gamer knew this event was coming anyway, and doubt they cared much anyway.

What the hell happened to the days when everyone could just get together for some fun local multiplayer at someone's house?

tumblr_m5ovn80bVO1rp01eb.jpg

I'll be in the corner playing with my online "friends".

• Thumbs Up 2

"HEY GUYS! WE ADDED A COUPLE STUFF THAT WILL BE OBSOLETE IN ONE YEAR AND ADDED A LETTER TO THE NEW WII! AND IT CAN BE YOURS FOR.... well if you live in the EU... better be ready to be ripped off... haha! U Live in the e-U U Get electricity from a bucket!" ---Reggie

Sorry I just couldn't resist.

• Thumbs Up 5

Specs Leaked

CPU:

“Espresso” CPU on the Wii U has three enhanced Broadway cores

GPU:

“GPU7” AMD Radeon™-based High Definition GPU. Unique API = GX2, which supports Shader Model 4.0 (DirectX 10.1 and OpenGL 3.3 equivalent functionality)

Memory:

Mem1 = 32MB Mem2 = 1GB (that applications can use)

Storage:

Internal 8 GB with support for SD Cards (SD Cards up to 2GB/ SDHC Cards up to 32GB) and External USB Connected Hard Drives

Networking:

802.11 b/g/n Wifi

Video Output:

Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i

Video Cables Supported:

Compatible cables include HDMI, Wii D-Terminal, Wii Component Video, Wii RGB, Wii S-Video Stereo AV and Wii AV.

USB:

Four USB 2.0 Ports

Storage:

Internal 8 GB with support for SD Cards (SD Cards up to 2GB/ SDHC Cards up to 32GB) and External USB Connected Hard Drive

... Tell me I'm reading this wrong?

But if it's only got 8GB storage, theres no way it can... Have I read this wrong? It's HD is only 8GB? Thats got to be a mistake hasn't it?

That was the rumor for a long time, pretty lame as hell that it proved to be true. I guess that means I have to get a 32 GB SDHC card and an external Hard Drive at some point.

... Tell me I'm reading this wrong?

But if it's only got 8GB storage, theres no way it can... Have I read this wrong? It's HD is only 8GB? Thats got to be a mistake hasn't it?

• Thumbs Up 1